Is anybody else out there completely fine with being alone?

k.b

I have friends who find me so odd and weird that 1. I don't want sex 2. I don't want to get married or even have romantic relationships at that and also 3. I don't want kids. Is there anyone out there who is fine with being alone? I have my amazing friends and I love my job and that's all I need. Anyone else??

The Great WTF

Ignoring the fact that I am currently in a relationship... I have never had a problem with being alone. I hate kids, never wanted to be tied to another person that... permanently, and I am perfectly content having only books and animals for my constant companions.

Pandora's Fox

*Raises paw*

Kids are a no-no and marriage is very unlikely. Even living a full life without being in a relationship generally does not phase me.

Feeling alone in terms of my unusualness and difficulty making and keeping friends seldom concerns me however. There is barely anyone I can always talk to and share my thoughts with.

I would really like more of a social life and some mates to hang out with / go do stuff with.... but relationship-wise, perfectly happy being single... marriage is a huge WOFTAM and I never ever EVER want kids...

ignoranceisn'tbliss

Oh no, I'm terrified of being alone!!!! But that's what friends and friendable strangers are for! I used to have an interest in relationships, but it just seems to complicated and there's rarely anyone I feel like trying to do that with anyway (and I've never been able to yet). As for kids, I could see myself maybe adopting and having the kid in more of a mentor/friend and financial supporter sort of way rather than a parent sort of way, but that's only a possible route. And as for sex, I don't see myself having sex, and I don't know what will become of my body while I'm living, but there are some people out there that I wouldn't mind doing it for under certain conditions.

SorryNotSorry

No.

Kids are not for me and they never will be.

But being alone so much has pretty much convinced me that women (including asexual women) are incapable of affection.

I feel really good beeing alone. I've a time for my hobbies. Of course I've some friends so I'm not much bored. Reading, listening to music and sightseeing were always my big passions. I've always preffered to find out new things to date and have sex. Fourtunetly nobody has never cared about my personal life exept my old aunts. (They are still asking me when I'm going to get married or if I have a boyfriend.)

I'm perfectly okay with it. I think it'd be far more horrible to be married. I'm not one to value any sort of permanency. Heck, I don't even want to own a house because I want to be free to pick up and go whenever I want. I absolutely positively DO NOT want to have children, either. Without a relationship, I have a ton of time to devote to my hobbies, like reading, writing, drawing, painting, bike riding, etc...

I'm not opposed to the idea of a relationship, but at this point it is going to take somebody pretty special to capture my attention. They also have to be gay. They must also be asexual. Oh my, the pool is disappearing.

Janus the Fox

I am perfectly happy living the single Forever Alone lifestyle, I don't have friends, but there is a desire of a relationship, but I am not going crazy to search for one. Now if there where any IT jobs in my area... That I think will make me more happy than any sexual relationship could. 

(First off I just have to say how MUCH I love you guys & how much better you've made me feel about myself, just by reading your stories, thoughts & opinions. Really, just, thank you all sooooooo much.)

I am 100% fine with being "alone." I say "alone" because really & truly, you don't have to be in a romantic & or sexual relationship to be classified as not being alone. I have plenty of things that make me feel fulfilled. I've never wanted to be married or have kids, just never had any interest. If someone ever comes along who I'd want to be in a relationship with then that's fine, but it's not something I need.

Never going to marry nor have kids.

However, I would like to have a buddy close to me that we share the type of relationship where we could ask each other out, crash at each other's place, or generally "fill in" the role of spouse when each of us have that desire.

So, fine being alone, but not fine with being lonely. Does that make sense?

I have friends who find me so odd and weird that 1. I don't want sex 2. I don't want to get married or even have romantic relationships at that and also 3. I don't want kids. Is there anyone out there who is fine with being alone? I have my amazing friends and I love my job and that's all I need. Anyone else??

Yep, I would agree with all three of your points, and I think you'll find that there are a lot of people here who do.

Having amazing friends and loving your job are fantastic things. I'm happy for you!

Me. Honestly I find it so weird that people actually WANT to get married. When I hear stories of proposal I think "aww, how cute" & all, but realistically...are they even looking down the road? I don't know, the idea of it for myself kind of scares me a bit actually.

I'm quite the romantic and would like to find a special someone for myself one day.

But I can sympathize, I think. Nothing wrong with wanting to be "alone" in this sense: just know what makes you happy and follow that. :) You aren't odd at all.

You are not alone!! (haha, lousy pun intended)

I, too, have no issue with the thought of never marrying or having kids. I'm quite content living with my cat, going to work, hanging out with friends, and pursuing my many interests on my own, thank you very much. I find fulfillment in so many other areas of my life that I never feel the need for a romantic/sexual relationship.

I don't believe in marriage and I'm never going to have kids. I absolutely loathe children and at this point, I don't think I'll somehow be able to find someone who's willing to deal with me. I could care less about romantic relationships, although I am not aromantic.

But I absolutely want a cat.

I surely don´t want children, I find a concept of marriage stupid, needless and...hm... just a killer of romance. I´m sorry if it seems offensive for someone but I only described my personal feelings, which are very negative. I don´t like even a word for getting married (for women) in my language - "vdát se". For men it is "oženit se" and it can be translated to english as "get a woman". On the other side, "vdát se" is almost the same like "vzdát se" - "to give up". To give up your freedom and everything what is imoprtant to me, what makes me happy... The meanings of those words are old and in the past it was really like this ´cause women were considered as inferior beings. Some people still think women are inferior. <_<

As for relationship, I´ve been single for all my life except 2 and half months - 2 and half months when I tried to date to be "normal". I can´t say I dated, because I really tried very hard and it ended with a disappointment on both sides. I wasn´t in love with that guy but even if I was it wouldn´t be much better ´cause I value my freedom and relationships are too binding and draining. I refuse to date sexuals. I would date only an asexual who would be as independent as me, more like a very close friend than a boyfriend. I don´t think it is likely to meet someone like this. I would have to try to find him at the first place but I have more important things to do than spamming dating sites. :lol: I would probably find only kinky perverts who want to "cure" my asexuality anyway.

Cognitive Dissonance

I'm fine with it! I have no intention of ever getting into a relationship, let alone getting married and/or having children, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by deciding this. :D

(Just don't tell my parents ;) )

That being said, I don't object to the idea of raising a child. I don't dislike children (babies maybe :P ), and would be more than happy to give up my time to help raise one given the opportunity! ^_^ I just don't see myself being in any situation where this is an option.

(Just wondering, why do a lot of the people on this thread flat-out reject the idea of children? Is there something I'm missing?)

(Just wondering, why do a lot of the people on this thread flat-out reject the idea of children? Is there something I'm missing?)

babies are crying screaming poop machines who cant tell you what's wrong... they keep you awake and drive you nucking futs...

you're then tied to the things for the rest of your natural life... there's a LOT that's very unappealing about that!!

There's actually been a few threads pop up over the idea of having or raising children. As with any group, wide variety of opinions.

Me personally? I'm just to selfish and independent to want to give up ny freedom. :)

Cognitive Dissonance

babies are crying screaming poop machines who cant tell you what's wrong... they keep you awake and drive you nucking futs...

you're then tied to the things for the rest of your natural life... there's a LOT that's very unappealing about that!!

Haha OK, I fully understand that argument! When you put it that way, I'm surprised anyone ever has children! :lol:

Babies are sort of borderline annoying, but it's just a phase that you have to put up with. Once they've got past that, I expect it's probably a long, tiring, patience testing but nonetheless interesting journey to embark on. It's probably nowhere near as simple as that, but I like to imagine that it's along those lines. ^_^

I wouldn't mind having to spend the rest of my life looking after them once I got a bit older; I don't really want much out of life (I have a really small bucket list), and I'll probably have fulfilled them all a long time before middle-agedness, so I wouldn't mind giving up the rest of my time to help fulfil someone else's wishes, and children usually have really simple wishes... well I did anyway :P

There's actually been a few threads pop up over the idea of having or raising children. As with any group, wide variety of opinions.

Me personally? I'm just too selfish and independent to want to give up my freedom. :)

Ah OK, I'll have to have a browse of the forums. It's quite interesting to see different perspectives! ^_^

That's fair enough! :D

I'd be open to a relationship, if I happened to find my "soulmate" or whatever.

But really, having a small group of good friends, and that's enough for me, and I have no plans to get married and/or have children.

Pretty much planning on growing old alone in a cabin in the mountains somewhere anyway.

As for not having kids? I can't really give a specific reason. There just isn't anything about having/raising a child that appeals to me.

It would be cool to have Tai Chi students someday though. :)

I'm quite happy being alone, like many of you others I have a close group of friends, but because of most "normal" peoples expectations I tend to keep everyone at arms length I dont want a romantic relationship and sex is a no no.

As for kids, no way not something I require, I'm quite happy with my hobbies and living in my head.

I wouldn't be aposed to a asexual relationship for just the companianship of it, but I'm slightly too anti social for most people.

So I'll happily be alone for the rest of my life.

This. It's not just babies either. Kids are whiny and annoying straight through their teen years (I'm a teenager who will readily admit this), and they leech off all your money. Over time, you somehow become emotionally attached to them, and then have to go through the stress of their moving away.

And I really just feel no desire to raise children. So even if they weren't "crying, screaming, poop machines," I still wouldn't want children. Almost in the same way I don't want to get married. I feel no calling to do so, even with all my [many] objections aside.

Yeah, perfectly happy. I find it a lot less hassle and just generally easier, that's relationship wise. I'd dearly miss my closest friends.

Archived