Squishes and Squashes?

Possibility_Girl

Possibility_Girl

Maybe I've had my head in the sand, or maybe this is indeed a relatively new thing, but I've recently noticed the word 'squash' being bandied around in relation to aromantic relationships. I've found a couple of definitions, but could someone please explain to me what the distinction is between this concept and the concept of a squish? Every time I think I've understood it, it slips away from me again. :blush:

The words "crushes" and "squishe" are used quite frequently around here..... but I don't think "squash" is used all that much? Anyhow, see this thread for more info.

The words "crushes" and "squishe" are used quite frequently around here..... but I don't think "squash" is used all that much? Anyhow, see this thread for more info.

Yesss. I was kind of hoping that phrase would die. I think zucchini is still hanging in there though.

I think all those terms are stupid. :|

Pretty much everyone will understand what friends, BFFs, and crushes are. I don't see any reason why any more terminology is necessary, especially ones that are inexplicably named after fruits and vegetables.

Don't you know Phil, everybody just wants to have some squash and zucchini salad with a side order of cake!

I'm a carnivore. :|

I mean, I like :cake: too, but yeah.

I feel like "squish" and "crush" are useful terms, but anything more than that is just...eh. Too specific. Too many words. Too many things for people to get confused over.

I feel like, by the time you're to the point where you have a "squash" or a "zucchini", you're going to be in a relationship with the person, right? You're not just going to desire a roommate situation or something immediately? You're going to want to know the person a bit?

"Squish" and "crush" are pre-relationship terms. So...these others sound weird in my brain.

I'm a person too!

OHHHH I thought it was squash like the verb, pretty much the same as the verb crush

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I think all those terms are stupid. :|

Pretty much everyone will understand what friends, BFFs, and crushes are. I don't see any reason why any more terminology is necessary, especially ones that are inexplicably named after fruits and vegetables.

Agree.