Worldpride map!

I thought it'd be fun if we made a map of where everyone is coming from!

Sadly I have not yet worked out how to embed Google maps into AVEN. But here it is.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=201804096430498385703.0004aa42e9510733b1596&msa=0

UPDATE! I have now made it so that only I can add pins, following Birdwing's post #33. If you want to be added, please post to this thread giving your city, or whatever area you'd like your pin to be located. I won't be putting up anything more accurate than a city.

Please don't forget to also register at this thread!

The previous version of the rest of the message now follows; I'm keeping in here for context, but it no longer applies.

========

You should be able to put in your location by adding a new pin. You first click edit. And then press the "pin" icon. Then add away!

Especially if you're coming from the UK, try and be as accurate as possible (ideally within the correct street) so that we can get more detail by magnifying and we don't just have a massive blob in one place. :)

IMPORTANT EDIT: having thought about this again on the train, and following the post by Pandoren, I'd like to retract this last part in the strongest possible terms.

NO. Do NOT give your exact street. Even without a number, giving your street on the internet is a bad idea.

A city location is fine. And that is only if you feel comfortable with this. You're quite entitled to keep your location to yourself. :)

Again I apologize for my stupidity. I could try and blame jetlag but I think it was just a moment of madness. :(

Just to be safe, I have deleted all the markers except for Pandoren's and my own, in case they were the exact street location. Please add them again, but not within street accuracy. Apologies once more.

asdfghjklqwerdtfghjikodfgh

I wish I was going :C

You should make another one for everyone from Aven. I'd love to see if there's people near me. :lol:

Sorry, was not going to put my marker anywhere near my exact street... I put mine in the nearest significant settlement.

Sorry, was not going to put my marker anywhere near my exact street... I put mine in the nearest significant settlement.

I thought about this again on the train and literally ran here to get to a computer to correct this.

I can't believe how utterly stupid I was to suggest people put down their exact street.

No. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS.

My humblest apologies. I literally don't know what I was thinking.

Anyone else who has already put down their location (Sorites, Faelights, nleseul): I expect you were sensible enough not to give your exact street, but just for safety I've deleted your markers. My apologies for this, but I don't want them there if they may have your exact street on them. Please feel free to put them up again, but only within the city/provence/however close you are comfortable with. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Narrow Mullen

Do I need a Google account to edit the map? Where is the edit button?

Edit: Figured it out, adding myself.

*signs out*

Yup it appears you do. :(

I can add you if you like?

mylittlehazmat

Why can't I work this site? I always mess something up ... okie dokes, so there's a marker for Calgary in there, but how do I change the name? x.x

Why can't I work this site? I always mess something up ... okie dokes, so there's a marker for Calgary in there, but how do I change the name? x.x

You just click on it and edit the title.

Er, I didn't know you were coming! It'd be awesome if you could make it...

mylittlehazmat

I can't miss out on world pride, Michael. *shakes head* I'll be there. Any excuse to go to England!

I can't miss out on world pride, Michael. *shakes head* I'll be there. Any excuse to go to England!

Ooooh awesome. I'll add your name to this then.

Put my pin in my city in roughly the right region of it. Well, we share the same MP anyway.

Put my pin in my city in roughly the right region of it. Well, we share the same MP anyway.

Bris, I don't see your pin there. Maybe it was because you didn't click Save at the end? I've been caught out by this too.

I'll add a pin for you in Bristol. Feel free to adjust if you want it a little more accurate.

Sadly I have not yet worked out how to embed Google maps into AVEN.

Are you able to embed HTML in your posts? The embedding code is available with customization options via the permalink button in the upper right area of the page.

asdfghjklqwerdtfghjikodfgh

I wish I was going :C

You should make another one for everyone from Aven. I'd love to see if there's people near me. :lol:

Here's the link for your request: http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?/topic/55703-add-yourself-to-the-avenmap-new-post/

I tried it but it doesn't let me put a pin on it. :(

Thanks for the link anyway though :D

Are you able to embed HTML in your posts?

I'm not aware of any way of doing this. Does anyone have any idea?

JJButterworth

I am so going to rob all your houses, now. :ph34r: Also, I added myself.

I thought about this again on the train and literally ran here to get to a computer to correct this.

I can't believe how utterly stupid I was to suggest people put down their exact street.

Anyone else who has already put down their location (Sorites, Faelights, nleseul): I expect you were sensible enough not to give your exact street, but just for safety I've deleted your markers. My apologies for this, but I don't want them there if they may have your exact street on them. Please feel free to put them up again, but only within the city/provence/however close you are comfortable with. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm sorry for making you worry this morning... >_>;;;

*hides*

AkiraCoinTykiGotBetaMuffin

*hides*

Tch tch causing trouble again Fae XP.

*hides*

hehe, this had nothing to do with you. It was my own silliness. I admit I *did* get very panicky when it dawned on me that I'd effectively just asked people to give their street addresses! But I'd probably have felt that even if no-one had already put their pin on the map...

EDIT: Wozz, you say you've tagged your "exact house" on the map. I assume this is a joke, but if not, please move the pin a little bit so that this is no longer so.

At first I did tag my house and left that comment, then I read this thread properly and moved the placemark to a semi-nearby field. Forgot to change the comment, but I think it's changed now.

*signs out*

Yup it appears you do. :(

I can add you if you like?

Michael, could you add me please? I'm in Penarth, South Wales.