A new view on gender

JON

I´ve always knwn more or less that there were something with why I dont have had a girlfriend.After seing videos YT I finally created an account.After a bit time I saw video of asexuality.And then I created also an account here.

Step by step i have become more confiedent about my own situation, except the fact that I tuck when masturbate.And also some feelings like it all should go away.But to start a transition is too hard.

Then there´s person who makes a new topic, and it ends up with several results from a test called SAGE.

An example of SAGE results:

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: -535, which indicates that overall you are Masculine

Your appearance is Quite Masculine.True, hairy & bald

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Androgynous person.Crossing my legs most of the times

You appear to socialize in a androgynous manner.True

You believe you have normal doubts about your gender identity.True( find my content)

You indicated your were born Male.OMG, There´s something between my legs

ANALYSIS:

Male to Female Crossdresser

NOTES:

You are in a statistical minority as a anallophilic crossdresser. Most crossdressers are heterosexual. Your motivation for crossdressing may be driven by the undirected nature of your sexuality, as a way to more fully explore the Female gender role.

Your answers indicate you may be AUTOGYNEPHILIC. Your answers indicate you may fit the following type(s):

Physiologic: arousal from the idea of having opposite sex physiology. This does not necessarily mean you WANT the physiology of the opposite sex, you just find the IDEA of it exciting.Hmm, seems like something is right here.Have planned on buying some female sportsequiment to hide my genitals.

Autogynophilic-Physiologic: arousal from the idea of having opposite sex physiology. This does not necessarily mean you WANT the physiology of the opposite sex, you just find the IDEA of it exciting.

There´re people (also LGBT) who don´t like Blanchards, but I find it intriguing cos there´s something that matches my own perception

Autogynephilia

Blanchard's transsexualism typology

Could agender/neutrois be another way of saying the same thing? That there´s misfit between perception & reality.

Nalle Neversure

The posts about SAGE results have been moved to a new thread.

In this thread you are free to discuss being agender/neutrois and the possible ways to define those terms, as introduced by JON.

-Nalle, Gender Mod

Am I the only person to find that test narrow and mildly insulting? It told me I was confused - which funnily enough, I don't recall actually being. Only took it because I had 10 mins spare :(

Being aroused by tampon adverts and DIY tools....surely there are more scientific ways to ask questions?! If not, I'm leaving Earth for another planet. Don't know which one, but I'm going.

And ArcanineHuggles - I share your confusion

Am I the only person to find that test narrow and mildly insulting? It told me I was confused - which funnily enough, I don't recall actually being. Only took it because I had 10 mins spare :(

Nope, you're not. I tried doing the test, but stopped after just a few questions because a) it didn't make it possible for me to say that I loathe housework without in the same breath claiming that such work is "woman's work", and b) from what I've seen question- and result-wise, it's just some annoying test that mixes up gender and gender roles. If that thing told me I socilalize in an "androgynous manner" because I'm not a walking stereotype, I'd probably hit something.

Then again, maybe I'm just missing the point here.

I agree with the last few posters - many of the questions are annoying in numerous ways (stereotyping, preconceived notions, poor wording, no good choices or need a mix) and there often weren't good answers. Lots of problems; doesn't seem to include the possibility of asexuality, but with romantic attracion, for example. Some questions were totally ludicrous - what's your favorite monkey (NONE of the choices were monkeys; 3 were apes and 1 was a prosimian).

As for "anallophilic" it seems like it was a term invented by whoever put together the test. Googling isn't turning up any useful definition for me.

I agree with the last few posters - many of the questions are annoying in numerous ways (stereotyping, preconceived notions, poor wording, no good choices or need a mix) and there often weren't good answers. Lots of problems; doesn't seem to include the possibility of asexuality, but with romantic attracion, for example. Some questions were totally ludicrous - what's your favorite monkey (NONE of the choices were monkeys; 3 were apes and 1 was a prosimian).

As for "anallophilic" it seems like it was a term invented by whoever put together the test. Googling isn't turning up any useful definition for me.

When you answer questions in test, you might not the answer what you think.One of the secrets in these test is actual to be : (stereotyping, preconceived notions, poor wording, no good choices or need a mix).Cos the auther has being aware of it and therefore people tend to fall into trap right away.Just like you did, if test like this should be valid then should everyone answer them correctly.

Anallophilic, a modified way of saying Asexuality.See page 12(middle)

When you answer questions in test, you might not the answer what you think.One of the secrets in these test is actual to be : (stereotyping, preconceived notions, poor wording, no good choices or need a mix).Cos the auther has being aware of it and therefore people tend to fall into trap right away.Just like you did, if test like this should be valid then should everyone answer them correctly.

Uh, then why does the test talk about things like "socializing in an androgynous manner"? That sounds like stereotyping to me. In the results. And even without that, I don't feel it's very clever. The "that's woman's work!" thing, for example, just seems ridiculous and terribly in-your-face, and there is no alternative answer for people who are not (so outrightly) sexist.

Uh, then why does the test talk about things like "socializing in an androgynous manner"? That sounds like stereotyping to me. In the results. And even without that, I don't feel it's very clever. The "that's woman's work!" thing, for example, just seems ridiculous and terribly in-your-face, and there is no alternative answer for people who are not (so outrightly) sexist.

That's reason why I didn't finish the test. The "that's woman's work!" questionwas one of them. I love cooking, but I couldn't anwser anything like that.

I did find some of the questions difficult because a lot of the gender ones had "arousing" as a synonym for "enjoyable" and, since I am ace, I don't really get aroused or think of "gender-bending" in a sexual way. The test seems to assume that you are sexual and sexually active.

That and a lot of the pictures didn't work for me so... skipped those.

Also, some of them are quite sexist, like the "men's work" ones... :( They seem to also be obsessed with men liking power tools. Some of the questions were very strange as well. Bit of a weird test! But I like taking tests sooooo...

But my own results were

Your Raw Score is: 305, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous. (everything else Androgynous too)

You are conflicted in your gender identity.

Female to Male possible Transsexual.

Paraphrased since I closed the window (derp), but I remembered what each of the options said. Fairly accurate; I identify as neutrois and enjoy being androgynous. I'm not especially feminine or masculine.

When I find a word or sentence that I have difficulty I search the net.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

Socializing : To spend time enjoying yourself with other people

Manners : The way in which a person talks and behaves with other people.

These two word are variable and as far I read it.It means that you tries to look in androgynous no matter what situaion you´re put in.Not necessarily the same way, but the way that matches the surrunding people.

Archived