I don't fit typical "aromantic" definition...

StrangeCreature

StrangeCreature

I have considered myself low sex drive aromantic for a while, but I have recently realized that may not be the case. Honestly, I do want to fall in love with someone, and have gotten into romantic relationships, but almost never (if ever) have the same feelings, and if I do they are mild and don't last. Usually people fall for me, whereas I never fall for them, or stay with them.

I don't understand this...

-TreeSpirit

You may still be Aromantic considering the "Does not experience romantic attraction" point of view but you may want to form a close relationship with someone (in a behavioural point of view)because you might want to experience the closeness, the intimicay with someone.

That's pretty similar to the Asexuals who "want" to have sex for their partner's sake :)

I'm gonna add something more personal : i've never dated so i have 0 experience in romantic relationships but i feel like (and already for a few months until now) that i would like to be in a relationship (at least to try and see if i'm more fullfilled loving/being with someone, since i'm quite a loner in life) :)

Perhaps you are a demiromantic, after all? :) You shouldn't feel bad about it; I know it can be frustrating, but for romantics and demiromantics alike (both sexuals and asexuals) relationships develop with time, as the bond grows stronger and stronger. Don't rush them: take your time to walk that path. If the person you are with is the right person, then chances are it will work out.

StrangeCreature

Perhaps you are a demiromantic, after all? :) You shouldn't feel bad about it; I know it can be frustrating, but for romantics and demiromantics alike (both sexuals and asexuals) relationships develop with time, as the bond grows stronger and stronger. Don't rush them: take your time to walk that path. If the person you are with is the right person, then chances are it will work out.

I don't think I am demiromantic, since I never fall in love with anyone, even if I get a slight "crush". :/ I feel some sexual attraction to people, but never enjoy sex either.

-TreeSpirit

trisarahtops

I was going to start a topic somewhat similar to this. I identify as aromantic because I have never experienced romantic attraction (that I am aware of). That being said, I go through periods where I crave being in a relationship, having someone to cuddle and be close to. I am not opposed to being in a relationship, but I've never really met anyone who I could seriously see myself in a relationship with. I crave touch sometimes and I'm not really a touchy person. I'm not one to give friends a hug (unless they initiate it), and I don't really use touch to interact. I need a relationship with touch, I think. I think it's weird that I don't use touch outside of work (I work at a daycare, where touch is a regular thing, whether it's holding hands, hugging them, or them sitting in my lap etc.).

If you experience romantic attraction at a rare or low level, maybe something like "grey-romantic" would be an option?

I use the term Hopeless (a)Romantic to describe myself, as I've always wanted a fairy-tale type of relationship with someone (minus kissing), hate seeing people who I know break up, 'ship' fiction characters, and really really wish that I was romantic. But as far as reality goes, I'm essentially aromantic in regards to myself, but hoplessley romantic in regards to other people.

I'm pretty much the same way and I call myself aromantic. There's always going to be some people who don't totally fit the definition of something..

crossovershipper

I have considered myself low sex drive aromantic for a while, but I have recently realized that may not be the case. Honestly, I do want to fall in love with someone, and have gotten into romantic relationships, but almost never (if ever) have the same feelings, and if I do they are mild and don't last. Usually people fall for me, whereas I never fall for them, or stay with them.

I don't understand this...

-TreeSpirit

I use the term Hopeless (a)Romantic to describe myself, as I've always wanted a fairy-tale type of relationship with someone (minus kissing), hate seeing people who I know break up, 'ship' fiction characters, and really really wish that I was romantic. But as far as reality goes, I'm essentially aromantic in regards to myself, but hoplessley romantic in regards to other people.

that sounds just like me but i have never been in a romantic relationship. i would like a fairy-tael type romance but could live without it. however i enjoy 'shipping' characters together. so idk if i'm heteroromantic or aromantic asexual. when i first learned about asexuality, i thought i was was a heteroromantic one but now i wonder if i'm aromantic actually

Ace Of <3 s

I feel exactly the same way... I would be interested to know where this post goes :P

I am not sure myself where I fit in...

I am also slightly confused between demiromantic and grey-romantic xD

• 7 months later...
StrangeCreature

In taking some time and consideration, I find that while I love being close to people, and crave romance, not only do I never actually fall in love, but I also cheat once I get tired of the relationship I am in. I don't cheat to be mean, I don't want to hurt anyone, but rather I just can't stay monogomous very long. Most of my relationships have lasted less than a year, and I am already 22...

-TreeSpirit

Archived