I don't want a relationship, but I don't want to be alone and... :/

Rylipop

I'm posting this with the hopes that it doesn't sound weird or creepy X'D

So, I've pretty much always identified as an aromantic asexual, but I'm really not sure anymore. That is, I know I'm asexual, but I'm not sure about being romantic (romanticurious?). The thing is, I don't really want a relationship, I just don't want to be alone.

(This is the part where I worry about sounding like a lune) I don't really want an ace boyfriend or girlfriend so much as I wish I had an ace sibling. Like, when I watch shows or movies with token twin characters (for example, Hikaru and Kaoru, Rin and Len, hell, even the creepy Twins from Superjail... :/) I feel kind of... jealous. Like, I wish I had someone like that who was always with me, and just an unromantically interested in everyone else as I am. To clear things up, I'm not talking about twincest or anything of that sort.

I don't know how to put that without sounding extremely strange, so I'm just gonna post this before I change my mind.

Also, I don't know if this is the right area for a post like this, so if not.. woops. :'D

No! Not at all! I feel the same way! I'm more or less an aromantic asexual, but I really want to find someone. A fellow adventurer; a partner in crime; a Watson to my Holmes.

A companion.

But it's so darn hard to do so. I am a greedy, greedy person, and once I find someone I really like, I don't want to share them with their boyfriend or girlfriend. =/

I don't know, Rylipop. I don't want to be alone either. But what can one do? =P Have you tried those platonic friend finder sites here? They might help.

That doesn't sound weird at all, I totally feel the same way. I can't imagine myself in a romantic relationship with anyone, but I also don't want to be alone my whole life. I guess I'd like something like a really close friend who I feel comfortable talking to about anything, someone I feel I can be myself around, someone who will always have time for me. I don't feel very optimistic that I'll find someone like this though. I'll probably just end up alone...

My dream is to move in with a fellow aromantic ace who will act as my best friend and companion and to whom I will be best friend and companion in return. We'll have separate bedrooms and bathrooms and it will be glorious. But this is a someday fantasy. -shrugs-

No! Not at all! I feel the same way! I'm more or less an aromantic asexual, but I really want to find someone. A fellow adventurer; a partner in crime; a Watson to my Holmes.

A companion.

But it's so darn hard to do so. I am a greedy, greedy person, and once I find someone I really like, I don't want to share them with their boyfriend or girlfriend. =/

YES to nearly all of the above.

A Sherlock/John relationship or Doctor/companion relationship: we need each other but are too busy having fabulous adventures go about engaging in . . . mischief.

Rylipop, if you want to talk about weird listen to this: I wish I had a clone of myself to cuddle up to in the dead of night when the floor creaks and the shadows are scary T-T

Of course, that can't happen (or would be very difficult to make happen) so I plan on proposing to my best friend some day, and if they're sexual, we'll have seperate bedrooms and I'll occasionally cook breakfast for three :D (The neighbors will talk scandal but who cares?). Though I will sometimes need to crawl into their bed to cry about bad dreams. . . . But that's all far in the future.

:'D Yayyyyy I'm not a freak~

@freckles: Guh, I'm the same with the clone thing. X'D You pretty much articulated what I wasn't sure how to say.

A companion.

YES to nearly all of the above.

A Sherlock/John relationship or Doctor/companion relationship: we need each other but are too busy having fabulous adventures go about engaging in . . . mischief.

Rylipop, if you want to talk about weird listen to this: I wish I had a clone of myself to cuddle up to in the dead of night when the floor creaks and the shadows are scary T-T

Of course, that can't happen (or would be very difficult to make happen) so I plan on proposing to my best friend some day, and if they're sexual, we'll have seperate bedrooms and I'll occasionally cook breakfast for three :D (The neighbors will talk scandal but who cares?). Though I will sometimes need to crawl into their bed to cry about bad dreams. . . . But that's all far in the future.

We should all just steal a TARDIS and go gallivanting together across space and time, solving crimes and saving planets!

WHAT DO YOU GUYS SAY? =D

The Thin White Duke

I actually have a friend at the moment who I'm sort of like this with. We never talk about sex or relationships or anything serious (well, very rarely), and I'm not sure, but he seems fairly Aromantic Asexual. But I love spending time with him and we think very similarly. Hell, some people have assumed that we're gay for whatever reason (which is really just funny more than anything). I wouldn't mind living with him at some point, because I consider him to be pretty reliable and trustworthy. I like how best friendships happen over relationships, there are no conversations about feelings, they just happen. I think they're a lot more natural and there's far less pressure.

I hear you <_<

I'm actually not terribly afraid of being alone. I mean, I hate hate hate feeling lonely and being alone and sleeping alone and waking up alone and sometimes even eating alone, but I am not afraid about being alone. I am currently fortunate... Though I do not live with any friends, my closest friends are currently not dating. They're all for me! I don't have to share yet! WAHAHAHA... *cough* Er, I mean... Uh...

No longer here1234

Nah, it doesn't sound weird at all to me. All of the friends I hang out with are in relationships, so almost anytime we do anything together I'm the odd one out. I'm not sure that I want all of the things a genuine relationship brings. It sounds like too much hassle. If I could just have a best friend who lives with me and is ace too, it would be perfect...

I hear you <_<

I'm actually not terribly afraid of being alone. I mean, I hate hate hate feeling lonely and being alone and sleeping alone and waking up alone and sometimes even eating alone, but I am not afraid about being alone. I am currently fortunate... Though I do not live with any friends, my closest friends are currently not dating. They're all for me! I don't have to share yet! WAHAHAHA... *cough* Er, I mean... Uh...

Oh man, I'm the same way. Usually, if they aren't dating anyone when we first start hanging out this is worse than if they are. It's like...someone's coming in and trying to steal my friend from me, even if I know that;s not the case. /adding her 2 cents

We should all just steal a TARDIS and go gallivanting together across space and time, solving crimes and saving planets!

WHAT DO YOU GUYS SAY? =D

YES! Absolutely! Let's do it! Anyone know where to start looking? We've got the whole of time and space to search, but Cardiff's as good a bet as any . . .

Other than that, I agree with just about every point on this thread. I don't know if I'm romantic or aromantic for certain, but I am certain I want companionship.

I concur with the points made above: your thoughts don't make you insane. In fact, I'm an aromantic asexual too, and I have been living alone for all my short life. It's been ok overall, and I haven't experienced a need for partnership. I don't see a change coming to that in the near future, and I feel indifferent to that prospect anyway. I am, though, open to a right kind of companionship because such an arrangement can yield financial benefits for both parties involved. Building a romantic relationship is an utter waste of time for me, because I don't experience romantic attraction. This already narrows down the amount of prospects quite severely, but I'm not fuzzed because I'm not in a hurry to start bonding with anyone.

As another aromantic-asexual (as I have mentioned several times already), I am merely indifferent to whether I have the comapny of others or just my own company. I have several good friends whom I hang with on a regular basis, but I am equally happy with just my own company. I basically just go with the flow, as far as being a Double-A is concerned.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS SAY? =D

YES! Absolutely! Let's do it! Anyone know where to start looking? We've got the whole of time and space to search, but Cardiff's as good a bet as any . . .

Other than that, I agree with just about every point on this thread. I don't know if I'm romantic or aromantic for certain, but I am certain I want companionship.

We shall be glorious, Salamander! *high fives* <3

Oh, I agree; Cardiff is a good start! Do we have any agents in Cardiff that could give it a look-over? The flight from Florida to England is a bit steep this time of year, and I've about six dollars at the moment. =P

WHAT DO YOU GUYS SAY? =D

We shall be glorious, Salamander! *high fives* <3

Oh, I agree; Cardiff is a good start! Do we have any agents in Cardiff that could give it a look-over? The flight from Florida to England is a bit steep this time of year, and I've about six dollars at the moment. =P

*High-fives Terri in return*

I live between London and Cardiff, so I can keep my ear to the ground for strange goings-on in either! :D

I used to really want a relationship when I was in high school. Now I don't anymore. I've never had a boyfriend. Now I realize that I can stand being alone. I like to be alone. Last guy I liked was 25 and I was 17. We talked. He stopped talking to me for obvious reasons. Very stupid of me. I felt hurt for a year but now I'm just like, "Yeah. That was dumb. Oh well. I'll like someone else and not look for them nor wait for them. Whatever happens, happens." That whole crying stage for me was a waste of time. I can't believe I cried about a boy who I thought I "loved". I am even more embarrassed about all the times I tried to contact him but he'd ignore me or tell me to leave him alone. But thank God I stopped. I feel better now. :D

I live between London and Cardiff, so I can keep my ear to the ground for strange goings-on in either! :D

Oh, excellent! And I'll be sure to tell you if I find a suspiciously spacious-on-the-inside palm tree or the like. (=

Hmm. An incredibly off-topic thought: can the TARDIS disguise itself as a person?

I'm the same way. I don't want a girlfriend or wife; I want someone I can be like sisters with. She has to be asexual; otherwise she might forget about me when she gets into a relationship (as has happened before). For the same reason, she must not have plans to raise children--but I want someone who can relate to my strong maternal instinct, so a "pet mom" like me would be ideal. She has to be more or less my age--young enough to still be around when I'm old, and old enough to be of the right generation (I have trouble relating to today's kids). She must be conservative enough not to brand me a Nazi for my politics, and yet liberal enough to accept me as a woman in a man's body.

It's hard enough finding someone I can relate to personality-wise, let alone one who meets all those constraints... but anyone else can't really be much more than an acquaintance or a temporary friend.

BattleHamster

That sounds a lot like what I want--I'm pretty sure that I'm aromantic, but I would like friends. Except that I wouldn't want to spend a whole lot of time with them--I'm still kind of a loner. But a friend would be nice.

Another aromantic asexual here, and yeah, I understand completely where you guys are coming from!

I'm searching - in vain, so far - for the same thing.

It would be nice to have someone I can live with for a long time - maybe even the rest of my life.

We'd talk about everything under and including the moon, eat cake, have seperate bedrooms (sleeping next to someone makes me feel uncomfortable, and I like my space) and do...well, I'm not sure, but I'll think of that when I actually find someone!! ^_^

...I wonder what the chances are of actually finding someone like that? You guys seem keen to do something similar. Let's find a TARDIS. ^_^

I don't like being alone in the house. It makes me feel paranoid, like some murderer's gonna break in and kill me in my sleep. O.o

So potential applicants please apply. ^_^ ...Well, maybe in a few years.

Aromantic ace here and i think i'll join the club. I don't really want to live with anyone, but i like to have close friends.

:'D Yayyyyy I'm not a freak~

@freckles: Guh, I'm the same with the clone thing. X'D You pretty much articulated what I wasn't sure how to say.

High fives for people in love with their clones! Does this make us narcissists? I think so, but I'm fine with that XD

Oh, excellent! And I'll be sure to tell you if I find a suspiciously spacious-on-the-inside palm tree or the like. (=

Hmm. An incredibly off-topic thought: can the TARDIS disguise itself as a person?

Wait, wait, don't leave this fellow Floridian behind!

If there were a person-shaped TARDIS I'd want to give it the biggest hug of life.

Doesn't sound like anything to do with being a romantic. After all, I am willing to say that wanting companionship of a stable and long term sort is natural and healthy. I'm a romantic but I relate to wanting, also, a platonic relationship with someone who gets me and vice-versa and who I can just enjoy and share my life with without having a relationship which is confining/binding.

You can add me to the list of people looking for a life companion. I've tried explaining this to my RL friends and parents, but they just keep telling me I'll find a husband one day, which is really not what I'm talking about. Plus, I'm demi-pan-romantic, so it's just as likely I'd end up with a wife or non-binary spouse. But the demi part is almost more important -- I'd rather have a long-term platonic relationship than a romantic one. I wouldn't say "no" to love, though.

(I wouldn't say "no" to stealing a TARDIS, either...)

Another aromantic asexual here, and yeah, I understand completely where you guys are coming from!

I'm searching - in vain, so far - for the same thing.

It would be nice to have someone I can live with for a long time - maybe even the rest of my life.

We'd talk about everything under and including the moon, eat cake, have seperate bedrooms (sleeping next to someone makes me feel uncomfortable, and I like my space) and do...well, I'm not sure, but I'll think of that when I actually find someone!! ^_^

...I wonder what the chances are of actually finding someone like that? You guys seem keen to do something similar. Let's find a TARDIS. ^_^

I don't like being alone in the house. It makes me feel paranoid, like some murderer's gonna break in and kill me in my sleep. O.o

So potential applicants please apply. ^_^ ...Well, maybe in a few years.

Yes. Yes, yes, yes. I want the same, Miss 221B(and how much more awesome can your username get, by the way?). Care for a Holmes/Watson dynamic? =D If only we could all congregate somewhere and live happily in an asexual paradise. We would talk about astronomy (we would know which celestial body orbits which, darn it!) and eat delicious confections; talk about the wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey properties of the time/space continuum, and just be all around indecently happy.

As soon as someone locates that sneaky TARDIS, plans will commence!

Hmm, can some kind soul tell me, what does TARDIS stand for? Never heard of it :)

Oh, I am ridiculously pleased to be the one to answer this query for you. <3

The TARDIS is an acronym for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. Pretty classy, am I right? =D

Wait, wait, don't leave this fellow Floridian behind!

If there were a person-shaped TARDIS I'd want to give it the biggest hug of life.

Never would I leave a fellow behind, Freckles! D= This is actually pretty exciting, hearing that I'm not the only asexual in this state. May I ask what region you live in? Maybe we're neighbors! D= !!

And I second that notion; if I found out that the creepy catatonic hobo on Mainstreet was actually a TARDIS in disguise, I wouldn't hesitate pick him up right then and there, bridal-style, and carry him home. <3

You can add me to the list of people looking for a life companion. I've tried explaining this to my RL friends and parents, but they just keep telling me I'll find a husband one day, which is really not what I'm talking about. Plus, I'm demi-pan-romantic, so it's just as likely I'd end up with a wife or non-binary spouse. But the demi part is almost more important -- I'd rather have a long-term platonic relationship than a romantic one. I wouldn't say "no" to love, though.

(I wouldn't say "no" to stealing a TARDIS, either...)

I know exactly what you mean. No one with which I have broached the subject really comprehends the possible longterm consequences of my being asexual, either. =/ It's sort of isolating. Not only that, but because you're demi-pan-romantic, the gender of your potential partner could be anything! I bet trying to explain that is a doozy.

But hey; if nothing else, you've got a ticket on the S.S. TARDIS now! (I call the bedroom near the pool/library). =D

I actually had that a couple of years ago. I shared an apartment with my best friend, who I also consider my sister. It was really great! Then she found herself a boyfriend and moved out. I felt so abandoned :mellow: Even though it would be very nice to have that again, I seriously doubt that would happen....

I actually had that a couple of years ago. I shared an apartment with my best friend, who I also consider my sister. It was really great! Then she found herself a boyfriend and moved out. I felt so abandoned :mellow: Even though it would be very nice to have that again, I seriously doubt that would happen....

Yes, this is exactly why any sister of the heart (a phrase coined to explain the meaning of a particular Laadan word to English speakers) of mine would have to be asexual and aromantic. Even someone who chooses to abstain could change her mind.

Real friendship doesn't exist in this world; it's all about sex.

Archived