who wishes they could have sexual and/or romantic feelings?

Charliefreak

I never want to be sexual, no. As for romantic... Well at the moment I ID as homo-demiromantic, meaning I think I could have romantic feelings for someone I develop an emotional bond to, I don't look at people and feel romantic at them. I guess if I had greater romantic feelings then I might have a greater range of people to fall in love with.

I can develop romantic feelings but I'll never have the desire to have sexual feelings for them.

I don't wish for sexual feelings, I'm happy the way I am.

I often do, yes (for the sexual feelings part, as I consider myself a romantic :) ). It's not generally because I want sex, so much as I haven't fully decided/accepted for myself whether I'm comfortable with labelling myself as asexual, and thus do have times when I want to just be a "normal" person able to have a "normal" relationship with someone- because we all know here how hard it can be to try to have a relationship with a sexual person.

So yeah. Yeah, I do.

Prince Rilian

I wish I at least didn't hate sex so that I could include it in my relationships when the other person wants it.

I'd love to think I could actually fall in love with someone. And yes, I wish I could feel sexually for that person, because I don't want a relationship full of sexual frustration.

I wish I could clearly define myself as sexual or asexual. That would be nice. I wish my feelings were strong enough to be romantic, yes. I fall in love, yes, but it's rare, and even rarer that I go after it.

Short answer: No way!

Long Answer: You see, I identify myself as an aromantic asexual, and I'm perfectly okay with that. I feel totally comfortable sitting under that label (sorry, I can't think of a better word), and wouldn't want to change that for the world.

But I kind of like to think of it as a double edged sword. I seek solace in my asexuality, it gives me a sense of peace, tranquility, and safety. However, with that comes something I hate doing more than I can describe: rejecting people. I've had people tell me they love me, want to go out with me, think I'm beautiful, the whole nine yards. Hell, some of these people have gone out of their way to prove they love me...and I can't return those feelings. So it really hurts me when I have to decline. It probably hurts me more than it hurts them. I've tried to return those feelings, but it never comes to me.

But I'm not willing to compromise my own stability and comfort just to be in a relationship that wouldn't even last. I mean, I'm 17 and in high school, how many relationships really get *that* serious at that age? Plus, if I did enter a relationship with anyone, I'd be lying when I told them I love them in that romantic sense. To me, that wouldn't be a really relationship, because relationships are based on honesty and love. And if I can't be honest about my love for them, what do we have?

It makes me feel selfish and heartless that I just can't love people in that way, especially when they pour their feelings out. :/ So in that regard, I wish I could feel romantic feelings towards people so I don't feel like such a heartless monster.

Sexual feelings I don't want to touch with a 10 foot pole though. >_>

I'd love to think I could actually fall in love with someone. And yes, I wish I could feel sexually for that person, because I don't want a relationship full of sexual frustration.

This. :unsure:

Well, I already have romantic feelings, and there is absolutely no advantage that I can think of to having sexual feelings, so no, I'm pretty happy the way I am. If I could choose any sexual orientation it would be asexual.

I sometimes wish that I had more emotional depth than a teaspoon, but as for sexual feelings? Don't want them at all.

martianJusticiar

I wish I was more on the romantic side of things sometimes. I kind of feel in-between, where I like the idea of a soulmate, but I have no idea what I would do with a "relationship," as separate from any other friendship, if I suddenly had one. However, this is probably complicated by the fact that I do not ever want to be sexual, let alone engage in sexual activities. Being unwilling to compromise, it might be better if I did not want relationships at all.

Not really. Being female in a male body, I would be trapped between worlds when it comes to sexuality. I still wouldn't enjoy sex as a man (gross!), and sex as a woman would not be an option unless I wanted to go through the whole transition thing (and even then, most people don't want a transsexual).

when i first realised i was aromantic asexual i wasn't happy about it at all and yes i definitely did want to have all the "normal" feelings. but i'm getting more and more used to being who i am and that sort of stuff's bothering me less and less all the time. plus the great thing about being aromantic asexual is the complete freedom that comes with it. i remind myself of that if ever i find myself wishing i could just be normal. i can do whatever i want with my life and there's never going to be anything or anyone to tie me down.

What about those who would like to have neither of those feelings?

I have no sexual feelings, but have romantic ones... For a moment, I thought it would be good if I were aromantic... it would make things a bit more simpler in some aspects - I've never had a person seriously interested/attracted to me, so no worries about turning others down. Thing is though... I like reading romance. ^__^0 Fluffy, innocent romance. I find joy reading it, so I figure now that reading such things can sometimes neutralize my moments of longing. *Snerks*

Sometimes, I really, REALLY wish I could just be normal. It would make so many things so much easier. Yeah, there are problems that come with being asexual, but at least they're the same problems everyone else has.

sure i wish i could have sexual feelings all the time so ofte these days i find myself pulling out of the beggining of relationships keeping myself out of the dating circuit untill my peers get a little older and there libidos slow down a little bit, or at least untill the people are a little more understanding/educated.

Most of the time, I wish wish wish I could be sexual...only because I'm in a relationship with a wonderful person, and I'd like our relationship to be more "complete" for him...it would save us lots of stress. And sometimes when I hear about/see the pleasure involved in sex/orgasm, I really wish that I could feel that kind of pleasure. It must be pretty great since it seems like the whole world is obsessed with it.

But then again, sometimes I wonder how much asexuality influences my persona. Without it, how would I be different? It's impossible to know if being sexual could be just as frustrating sometimes as being asexual.

*shrugs*

I just take what I am, and run with it.

I've never wished to be sexual as the idea disgusts me and makes me feel violated.

I went through a phase of wishing to be romantic but that was just when I thought stuff like that might make me 'normal'. Now the idea nauseates me.

I would never want to be sexual but I am a romantic . I'm happy just the way i am . but it would be easier though.