What percent of asexuals are non-romantic?

bard of aven

Choose one:  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• I don't do romance.
    • I voted in the "asexual romantics" poll.

This poll is closed to new votes

For those who couldn't find an option there.

EDIT by inanechild: If you don't mind, I reworded it to figure out how many asexuals, disregarding personal subpreferences, are nonromantic VS romantic.

Respondeo dicendum: Works for me.

boa

...That seems rather mean of you, Bard.

I will confess to a bit of satire, but mostly a desire for completeness, as motivations for this. Meanness was not my intent, but I can see how it could be taken that way, and I apologize to all whom I have offended. If the moderator of this forum wants to kill the thread, I will not object.

boa.

Woah, I didn't mean to shun the nonromantics. I'm just too mathematically lazy to factor out their votes from the final results. I thought it would be okay since we've done preference polls before. Sorry.

And to meanness, add inattentiveness and stupidity! I even attributed it to the wrong person. I apologize for everything. I am going to go crawl back under my rock now. Please feel free to kill thread.

boa

As I put in the other one (I think.. so many threads, so little smart :D), I am a hopeless romantic within the confines of my mind, but in practice I'm doomed and oddly pleased to be alone - for ever, I think, but let's not commit :D

Edit: for the record, I voted in the other one (the other poll one.. argh!) heteroro (warning: lazy fingers may cause jargon!) as I am, anxieties and other practical stuff aside.

I am a hopeless romantic within the confines of my mind, but in practice I'm doomed and oddly pleased to be alone - for ever, I think, but let's not commit :D

Ditto. And I'm going to give real life more credence than in my mind...just this once. So I voted non-romantic.

Cate

Voted non romantic here.Prefer not to let the emotions of romance turn me into that petulant creature that starts acting like a little school girl at the slightest feel of it.Aka, i like keeping my head on my shoulders.So no romance is best for me. :)

What was mean about it?

Yeah, I know.I saw no mean intent behind it, either.

*sigh* Look. When Boa first made the thread, it sounded as though that Tressa had intentionally made her poll incomplete to exclude nonromantic people, when that's not what the poll was targeted at to begin with.

Originally the second option read "I already voted in fluffy's poll." That was a typo, Bard meant Tressa. But I thought that he was implying that fluffy had made a similar poll to Tressa's a while ago, and that it's been done before. So I thought he made this poll based on 1) a belief that Tressa's thread was incomplete for HER purposes, and 2) Tressa's poll was repetitious. Which seemed mean to me.

Clearly we experienced a lack of communication. It's undergone a series of edits and no longer sounds that way. So, just forget it, okay?

non-romantic. i find myself mourning for a relationship once it crosses the line into romance.

i suppose that friendship can be romantic, but it'd just as soon it not be in my case. just enjoying someone's company is enough....

Vicious Trollop

You know, I'm not sure why I insist romance is a possibility when right now a good-looking, intelligent, exceedingly nice guy who I think is open-minded enough to understand and want to undertake an asexual relationship is interested in me, and I strongly feel that if I ever were to be sexually attracted to anyone it would be someone like him, and yet all his attention does nothing but make me angry.

Irrational, but honest -- so mark me down as another mental romantic and practical loner.

...mental romantic...

I love that.

'If you're not in my head it ain't happening.'

I know what you mean, Lauren, I've had that 'I thought this ia what I wanted, but now that I have it I realise I was sorely mistaken' reaction. Live and learn I suppose.

Cate

Yay, mental romantics club! I feel like by not being or wanting something so many people are and want, I'm missing something secret. It's like they're in a club and I'm not, and I don't even really want to be in the club, it's just the fact I have no idea what's going on.

Wow, did I mention it's 2 am? No more 5-hour cold-induced naps for me.

Yay, mental romantics club! I feel like by not being or wanting something so many people are and want, I'm missing something secret. It's like they're in a club and I'm not, and I don't even really want to be in the club, it's just the fact I have no idea what's going on.

Wow, did I mention it's 2 am? No more 5-hour cold-induced naps for me.

Somehow, that's how I feel. I'm not even sure if I am a mental romantic just because I make myself try to think of people in a romantic sense sometimes.

Mental as in, romantic in my mind but not externally? Or mental as in, went mental about romance? Hmm. I guess if it was went mental, it would be in the other thread. OK. Nevermind. nBack under my rock. :D

boa

Vicious Trollop
Mental as in, romantic in my mind but not externally? Or mental as in, went mental about romance?

Either way, absolutely :) Well, I sort of intended a double meaning, but the second one more like mental as in, insanely bad at romance so might as well stop trying. But mostly the first thing. :D

I'm completely not romantic. More than I'm not interested in sex, I'm not interested in romance. It bores me, and I'm also quite cynical. Romance would just make me impatience, I think.

I say that even though I have no experience in relationships, but I just know that I'd feel that way.

:? I've never been able to make the leap to romance. I think I might have a disassociative disorder.

I'm strongly heterosexual in my Infantile ego aspects, but when my sexual urges rise to the ego and superego planes, I'm an analyzer and i judge everything.

My body sees an attractive female, my mind realizes it, then my mind goes on the offensive. My body may want, but my mind attacks an kills those desires. The person that arouses love in me becomes the object of scorn, dislike, and hate.

Igot freudian, jung issues and I know it.

• 4 weeks later...
98slbrookes98

I'm very romantic and very passionate, but in an asexual way.

I don't know. What exactly is romance for an asexual person?

I've always been cnfused about everything....

• 2 months later...

Romance has just never been a possibility for me: I have this kind of practical, observant, unemotional way of looking at people (mind you, I can get *very* worked up about greed,violence, cruelty and intolerance...)

When various family members 'fall in love' I find it hard not to giggle - it all seems quite pointless to me. Cheers, kia ora, Islander9

Archived