_romantic

VictoriaRachel

VictoriaRachel

ok. someone want to clear some of this up for me??

aromantic

biromantic

homoromantic

heteroromantic

i can see the differences. but it's just too much! like, can you be mostly aromantic, but somewhat biromantic? how can you tell if you are one or the other or more than one??

i know only i can decide for myself.

but, it'd like maybe a little advice.

please and thank you.

ok. someone want to clear some of this up for me??

aromantic

biromantic

homoromantic

heteroromantic

i can see the differences. but it's just too much! like, can you be mostly aromantic, but somewhat biromantic? how can you tell if you are one or the other or more than one??

i know only i can decide for myself.

but, it'd like maybe a little advice.

please and thank you.

I have no straight answers myself, especially given the fact I made a post a while ago asking advice about myself on that point.

On the one hand, I can identify with being hetroromantic. I have fallen in love so many times in the past with girls. One girl I fell in love with her so much I could of cried!

On the other hand, there is a part of me who is aromantic. Whenever I have fallen for someone, no matter how strongly I may feel for them, I've never felt any desire to be inside a relationship with them.

I'm not in love with anyone at the moment, but if at some point in the future, if I fall in love and I want to be inside a relationship, I will do. But, I am happy with things the way they are, and I am pretty chilled with it.

I'm sorry if this isn't any use!

- Glyn

I don't see why a person can't fall between between two romantic orientations. I see sexuality as a spectrum, and I have no reason to believe that romanticism is any different.

aromantic

biromantic

homoromantic

heteroromantic

You missed pan.

how can you tell if you are one or the other or more than one??

More than one would confuse me, since panromantic means "all" (as in, regardless of gender/sex), bi is men/women, so if you're "more than one"- then you're another one. I can see it in the "I'm panromantic, but I prefer [gender]" sense. Like, you normally are attracted to the opposite sex so you're heteromantic in that sense, but then sometimes you'll run across someone who's the same sex that you just fall head over heels for so you're not totally hetero. Wouldn't surprise me if this is common in sexuality. Or if you don't usually feel strong romantic attraction, ro whatever. I figure most of what applies to sexuality can be applied to romantic orientation.

How to tell if you are... I spent awhile trying to figure it out. Then I got a crush on a guy. I mean, serious crush. I'm the kinda guy who hated romance and had no desire to date, then I miss this person and it's like... "Wow, love stories make sense now". I still don't want to date in the logical sense, but I have a strong desire to date him. So, yeah, that was about it for me. Definitely tipped the scales to homoromantic. I really want to call myself demiromantic because of this- I have no interest until I meet someone who sparks my interest. Don't know if that's possible.

I consider myself aromantic, meaning that in general I do not wish to enter into a sexual or romantic relationship with anyone. However, I don't want to say that's definitely always going to be the case, because maybe somewhere down the road, someone will come along who's just perfect for me, and I'll want to push the envelope a little bit and move beyond friends into something more "romantic." But again, that would be an exception. So, for me, it's kind of on a person-to-person basis. Like, I know I'm asexual because I know that I've never been sexually aroused by anyone of any gender, but romanticism seems to be different. I might not want to be in a romantic relationship with that guy over there, but maybe I get along with this one so much better, so I would consider dating him.

Does that make sense? :unsure:

The answer to your question really depends on your definition of romance. What do you consider the characteristics of a romantic relationship to be, and do you want to have that kind of a relationship with someone, who would you like to have that relationship with.

I'm bi-romantic. To me a romantic relationship is mostly about time and priority. Putting a romantic partner before other relationships. Cuddling, kissing, and emotional intimacy are also characteristics I attribute to a romantic relationship.

I'm going with "none of the above" for myself at the moment. Identifying as ____romantic hasn't really made sense to me, so... I'm not going to. ;)

If you want to go for the simplest answer:

aromantic - has no romantic attraction. ie does nto get crushes, does not fall in love.

biromantic - is romantically attracted to both genders

homoromantic - is romantically attracted to same gender

heteroromantic - is romantically attracted to opposite gender

and there's also panromantic - romantically attracted regardless of gender?

Techncially you could be aromantic and then later find out you did have romantic attraction.

But you can't be both at the same time. You either get crushes or you don't. You might not be romantically attracted to anyone or your romantic attraction might be low intesity in which case perhaps you could make a case for being aromantic at that point.

Similar to the way the AVEN triangle is (most accurately) a gradient, I think the same can be applied in a romantic sense. I myself am largely aromantic, with with small romantic.. inclinations? And by this I mean:

Do I ever get crushes/develop feelings for someone? Sure.

Will I ever place the importance on it that most people seem to? No.

It's not something I need in my life by any means, but on occasion it does add a little something different.

Hope that was on the right track. :)

Archived