- Controversy is fine, getting frustrated and even angry is fine. At their discretion moderators will communicate with users not because those users are in trouble but because they want to keep a situation from getting out of hand.
- Personally insulting other users is unacceptable.
- Because many users find sexually explicit material offensive we request that posts which contain sexually explicit material contain a warning in the subject line. Please refrain from using sexually explicit subject lines.
- Posting personal information about another user without their express permission is a serious offense. Such posts are subject to deletion at the request of the exposed party. This extends to posting PMs and IM conversations.
- Making judgments about other users, especially about the validity of their asexuality, is strongly discouraged. We are here to figure ourselves out, not to put each other in boxes.
Please read our Terms of Service for more information.
- The AVEN Project Team is in charge of coordinating with researchers wanting to conduct research on AVEN. If you would like use AVEN to recruit research participants or use data from the AVEN forums, please read our policies about this and email firstname.lastname@example.org. We also have a set of rules for students wanting to collect data for class papers.