Do asexual women masturbate?

Yes i do!!!!!

Just because i think about sex - doesnt mean i want to do it!!!

exactly

• 1 year later...

I don't masturbate, but I have to speak up here.

Sexual attraction =/= sex drive. Sexual attraction is desire to engage in sex with another person; sex drive is a physiological desire for sexual gratification, with or without the involvement of another person. Many asexuals who masturbate do not need sexual fantasies in order to masturbate; I have an asexual friend with a sex drive, and she masturbates, but the idea of engaging in sex with another person would actually kill her sex drive in that moment. Most aseuxals are capable of sexual arousal, which often (especially in women) has not a damn thing to do with sexual attraction or even a desire for sexual activity. And even with the sexual release, for many asexuals it's just like scratching an itch; it has nothing to do with sexual attraction.

Basically, I think you have your definition of "asexual" wrong. Asexual people do not experience sexual attraction. This DOES NOT MEAN they do not have sex drives or are incapable of enjoying sex.

You hit the nail on the head! I stumbled across a very good analogy on the internet elsewhere: libido (sex drive) is like feeling hungry. Sexuals (people who experience sexual attraction to other people) are like people who are only satisfied when fed by someone else. We asexuals, on the other hand, are very capable of feeding ourselves when/if we feel hungry. No need to rely on other people.

And P.S. -- regarding the main topic question, yes I do masturbate, and quite often too. It's just like scratching an itch: a physical phenomenon and nothing more. Indeed, I feel utterly repulsed by the thought of engaging in sexual activity with another person. (Also, it's interesting how the OP used the qualifier "women" rather than simply "asexuals" in their question, as if masturbation in asexual men is taken for granted while it is not so in asexual women, reinforcing the old stereotype that it's inconceivable that any man would lack a sex drive completely.)

bookishfreak

I do. I have a fairly high libido to be honest. But I am more than capable of taking care of it myself, and have no need/desire to have someone else do it for me.

It isn't something I discuss, so I can only speak for myself, and the answer is: No. I do not consider orgasm a pleasant experience.

I didn't even know that women can masturbate (I thought that it's only men who do that... ) until I was 16 and a friend corrected me, when I said something like "well, I'm not a guy so I couldn't masturbate anyway".

After that I tried it of pure curiosity... I think?? Although I don't anymore feel sure about if it really can be called masturbating , 'cause some of you are saying that "you don't know how it looks down there" and I don't know either! I had pants on during the "masturbating" :blink: And I seriously couldn't think of touching my self down there naked, ewwww :wacko: And well, it felt like absolutely nothing. Well later I've occasionally tried it again, and sometimes it feels slightly comfortable (like relaxing or something), sometimes not like anything. Erm, that's it. So I guess I do sometimes rarely? :ph34r:

Same here! I said something about masturbation being something only guys do and my best friend told me it's something everyone does and that I would too once I turned 18 (I think I was 17 at the time). I was curious and tried a few different things (being absolutely clueless, I had to look up how to on the internet haha) and it just didn't really do anything for me :/

I am, however, prone to having cuddle fantasies and snuggling with pillows.

This thread has been dead for over a year, so it is being closed. Please do not revive dead threads. If you wish to continue this discussion, please create a new thread.

Strivna

Asexual Q&A Moderator