Do asexual women masturbate?

Library Cat

I just want to say, I tried it, I wanted to like it, but it was just weird and made me have to pee. I wouldn't like to ever do it again. That part of my body is just icky.

If I lost my vagina in some freak accident, I wouldn't miss it.

The closest thing I have to masturbating is just fantasies built from boredom.

Honestly, why would an asexual masturbate? Masturbation involves sexual fantasy, sexual arousal and sexual release....ALL things of which asexuals generally are not interested in, correct?

When I hear an asexual say he or she masturbates, then I have to wonder if they really fall under the category of "asexual". Masturbation is a sex act, without a doubt. It's just "solo" sex...sex with yourself. And if you enjoy sex with yourself, then you enjoy sex, correct?

I think a lot of self-professed asexuals are actually sexual, but for whatever reason they do not want to engage in sex with another person. Rather, they prefer sex with themselves.

In my (very humble) opinion, if you're truly asexual, then you have no desire to masturbate. :)

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Honestly, why would an asexual masturbate? Masturbation involves sexual fantasy, sexual arousal and sexual release....ALL things of which asexuals generally are not interested in, correct?

When I hear an asexual say he or she masturbates, then I have to wonder if they really fall under the category of "asexual". Masturbation is a sex act, without a doubt. It's just "solo" sex...sex with yourself. And if you enjoy sex with yourself, then you enjoy sex, correct?

I think a lot of self-professed asexuals are actually sexual, but for whatever reason they do not want to engage in sex with another person. Rather, they prefer sex with themselves.

In my (very humble) opinion, if you're truly asexual, then you have no desire to masturbate. :)

I don't masturbate, but I have to speak up here.

Sexual attraction =/= sex drive. Sexual attraction is desire to engage in sex with another person; sex drive is a physiological desire for sexual gratification, with or without the involvement of another person. Many asexuals who masturbate do not need sexual fantasies in order to masturbate; I have an asexual friend with a sex drive, and she masturbates, but the idea of engaging in sex with another person would actually kill her sex drive in that moment. Most aseuxals are capable of sexual arousal, which often (especially in women) has not a damn thing to do with sexual attraction or even a desire for sexual activity. And even with the sexual release, for many asexuals it's just like scratching an itch; it has nothing to do with sexual attraction.

Basically, I think you have your definition of "asexual" wrong. Asexual people do not experience sexual attraction. This DOES NOT MEAN they do not have sex drives or are incapable of enjoying sex.

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

So, if I'm getting this right, your all pretty much scared of ur OWN junk? I really hope your all just kidding.

Are you a troll?

Demacrux (emi star...)

i personally don't..it just makes me highly uncomfortable

vrazda verlaine

I don't. I don't ever feel like I need to, and when I have tried it, it doesn't do anything.

So, if I'm getting this right, your all pretty much scared of ur OWN junk? I really hope your all just kidding.

I think I can speak for most of us here; Why would we be kidding? <_<

Not liking one's own junk, for whatever reason or whatever way or level...I don't know what hearing about that subject made you feel or think...to make you post such a comment. :mellow:

(SP), I am an asexual woman and I don't masturbate. I literally can't even get "worked up" enough to masturbate even if I wanted to. I do have a sex drive (a really low one, but a sex drive nonetheless), so occasionally I feel "horny" but not enough to masturbate. It's really uncomfortable and I just kind of wait it out by "mentally/emotionally" masturbating (looking at erotic/sensual art and fan-fics, listening to sensual music, etc.) The closest I have come to masturbation is when I have "non-wet" dreams occasionally.

I plan to "try it" though so I can do my gyno exams without a problem. I've also heard that masturbation helps ease menstrual cramps. Thankfully, my periods are a LOT better than they were before, so I am not worried about that too much.

Eta Carinae, some of us have no use for it, so it's understandable for some of us to not have any interest in examining it. And unlike with guy parts, girl parts aren't really in "plain view." To see the girl parts, you need a magnifying mirror and from what I read, even a lot of sexual women don't examine their girl parts closely. Hell, I don't even remember that I have girly parts until I start my period. ^_^

wombat, masturbating is kind of different than being sexual or wanting to be sexual with another person, though. An asexual person can enjoy masturbation, for example. I get what you are saying, though.

you*hear*but*do*you*listen, omg, I have never heard of sexual anhedonia. New word! That could be what I have....

Keepaway , me too!

Kasayk, I don't think anyone has said that they are "scared" of their junk. Some find it beautiful, some find it gross, and some are indifferent.

• 8 months later...

Yes, I am an asexual female and mastrubate. I like the physical sensation, and I have no problem with my own body/sexuality, I just don't want nor get pleasure from sexual intercourse with another person.

Same here. :)

I don't.

Ditto. ^^; I've never wanted to, and even if I did I wouldn't know how...

Same here.

About once a month, I have a definite need to orgasm. It's just part of my menstrual cycle..

But like a lot of aces here who do masturbate have said, it's more of a physical need, a way of releasing stress.

I don't really like other people's genitals at all whether they be male or female. But I've learnt to appreciate my own and the idea that vulvas can be beautiful.

I totally understand people who don't want to look or know what their own bits look like, but I feel pretty uncomfortable with people describing vulvas are "ugly" or "gross". That's the kind of shit we here from sexist jerks all the time (like the sexual/hetero guys who refuse to go down on their girlfriends but expect their girlfriends to go down on them)..

I totally understand people who don't want to look or know what their own bits look like, but I feel pretty uncomfortable with people describing vulvas are "ugly" or "gross".

I'm the opposite, you may dislike them, but you have to know what your private parts look like and feel like normally, in case they change because of some disease.

some do, some don't, i expect, just like other humans.

one question though... how can you not know what it looks like, i mean you have to wash yourself in the shower right...?

I do, and often. It feels good, it reduces stress, and I don't see it as a sexual thing.

Yup, this.

Helps me sleep!

some do, some don't, i expect, just like other humans.

one question though... how can you not know what it looks like, i mean you have to wash yourself in the shower right...?

With girls everything is kind of hidden away. Unless you're in a certain position in front of a mirror, you don't really see much.

Yes I do.

I'm like the person you*hear*but*do*you*listen described. I have somewhat of a sex drive but outside of masturbation.

I don't feel the need or desire actual sex with another person. The thought just creeps me out and my repulsiveness kicks in.

As for my vag I'm indifferent to it. I just feel like sawing it off whenever my period comes ugh! -____-

In my not-very-humble opinion it's neither polite nor helpful to tell other people what their sexual preferences are. Asexual elitism is also annoying.

Besides, isn't it like saying no heterosexual people should wank because that involves the desire for sexual activity with their own (same sex) body? Even if they fantasise about something else, they're still enjoying a 'sex act' with a male/female body.

I don't. Tried a few times in my early teens but it does nothing for me. I have no libedo what so ever so I don't bother trying now a days. Haven't for years and most likely never will.

Oh, god this is hilarious.

I mean, it must be 10 times as funny to a complete sexual...a bunch of people talking about genetailia and no body giving a crap or really "getting into it". hahahaha! It just seems so...i don't know what the word is. ironic i guess. lol. God i love asexuals!

Exactly my thoughts. :lol: I've been giggling madly at my computer. My sister asked what's up, and i couldn't exactly say "I'm reading about genetalia on an asexuality forum" so I just laughed harder.

But, um, the answer the question:

Sometimes

That being said, penises and vaginas are ridiculously gross. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate getting rid of the stress of the day every once in a while.

Yes, I am an asexual female and mastrubate. I like the physical sensation, and I have no problem with my own body/sexuality, I just don't want nor get pleasure from sexual intercourse with another person.

Same here. :)

Me too! It feels great and is a good stress relief. :D

Aside from that, I think it's healthy to explore and learn about one's own body and become comfortable with it, if possible.

Asexy Existentialist

But... you have to touch your private parts for that! I like wearing as many clothes as possible and never looking at my lady parts.

It also seems like a waste of time. And vibrators are just freaking creepy to me. A lot of them look phallic, too... no thanks!

I exercise a lot, so even if I had a libido or sexual tension, I wouldn't know. Exercise is very intense, distracting, tiring, and rewarding. :D That or I watch Doctor Who. Or read. There are a lot of better, more fun things to do.

The only form of masturbating I do is fantasize. I never touch myself. I've tried in the past but it didn't give me much pleasure.

Oh, yes! That's what I do. I thought I was the only one.

I've tried to use a mirror before, but I'm not that flexible, so it's still a mystery to me.

I am 36 years old and actually, I do masturbate but the actual act of being remotely sexual with another person is extremely indifferent, confusing and out of bounds, always has been. I see it as self love, which is important. Nothing beats the big O. Apparently we are considered a psychological disorder and can be treated as such.

Hmmmm, let me see and examine this apparent disorder... I will never have an unplanned pregnancy, get an STD from intercourse, get into this marriage thing which as a woman I will end up playing the maid, I will never worry about whether or not I look good in my stupid little panties for my "lover", or have to have a yearly physical because it is scientifically proven that a woman who has not had intercourse will not get cervical cancer... Maybe it is the other way around, because folks, being an asexual has made and not broken me but instilled a sense of well being and validity. Whats even better is I get to poke fun at people who are constantly hitting on someone hoping to get laid. I just go home and masturbate, people may call me a prude but actually... I am just smart. Honey I have the best deal in the world because I get lucky whenever I want with 0, count it 0 side effects. We should organize our own a sexual pride parade, because we are asexual and proud of it. HAHAHA

I can understand not wanting to have a sexual relationship with another person, but I too agree with the guy who finds people in here finding one's junk is not suppose to be looked are somewhat having a issue. I could say a long word regarding the matter, but all I'm going to say is get used to what you dislike about down there. I quite can appreciate the human body myself although I don't think of it in wanting to have sex with anotehr person.

Asexual="not experiencing sexual attraction," not "unable to become aroused or enjoy sexual stimulation." Hell, I can even enjoy sex with another person, it's just that the attraction is not there and I can't get aroused because I like some dude, or I think he looks good naked or something, but once sex begins, I could begin to enjoy the feeling of it because of the physical sensation. But since I am aromantic and am not sexually attracted to people (guys I was in relationships with thought I was at the time, but I really only thought of them as good friends), I decided that having sex with people is not something I am going to do anymore.

I rarely masturbate anymore, but I have in the past, yes.

I don't really get this either. I mean, everybody has genitals. I don't find them more or less disgusting than any other body part. It kind of weirds me out that anyone could think their own body parts are hideous. Some are better to look at than others, but still... self-loathing/disgust makes me sad.

one1one1ygir1

i' m with the lot that do only on occasion for cramp relief and such. i dont think i've ever had an orgasm but i don't feel as if i'm missing out on anything.

If they do, I don't want to know about it. Although now I do.

Mirrors were a big deal back in the 70s. Icky then and icky now. Why on earth would you want to...*green emoticon here&