Sharing a bed?

nowheregirl457

Well yes, obviously. I didn't mean any of this to tell you how you should feel about it and/or handle it - I thought it was obvious enough to go without saying that we're different in that regard, but apparently it wasn't. :p

Feral_Sophisticate

Well yes, obviously. I didn't mean any of this to tell you how you should feel about it and/or handle it - I thought it was obvious enough to go without saying that we're different in that regard, but apparently it wasn't. :P

No worries. We may not all think or feel the same way (which is a good thing - as a hivemind society doesn't appeal to me), but we all bleed the same colour. :)

Wayfare Angel

The Squish and I are huuuuge cuddlers, and are planning to share a bed when we have our next slumber party. We also both share our beds with a number of stuffed animals, cats, and in the Squish's case, geckos. I also happen to sleep like a log, but that's because of my sleep aids. Though it IS an advantage...

A shard of glass

It's where I'd keep my girlfriend at night... IF I HAD ONE... Honestly, I'm such a sappy guy... It sucks :(

• 2 weeks later...

I hate sleeping alone. I don't want anything romantic or sexual, but I really do like having someone at least sleeping in the same room with me. My roommate and I (both aro ace) always sleep in the same room. We haven't ever shared a bed, but we sleep in the living room on the floor together most nights and cuddle. It's not weird or anything. And the longer we're friends the more it happens. Now it's gotten to the point that it's weird to sleep in different rooms. When we move to a different apartment we will probably end up sharing a bed. I love that she and I can sleep on the floor next to each other have friendship cuddles. It's so nice ^-^

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of a friend came to visit when I had just moved and she was astonished I had a single bed and not a double, asking what I was going to do when 'someone was staying over'...

Me:blank look on my face and shrug...

paperwishes

I love sharing a bed with someone. As someone who suffers from anxiety and nightmares, it helps me fall asleep because I feel safe and calm.

I like the general idea of cuddling in bed but I don't think I could stand sleeping in the same bed with someone all the time. My bed is my personal space. Plus it gets uncomfortable when I get warm and I like to roll around to rest on cool spots on the sheets. Another human taking up my rolling space and exuding body heat? Ick.

moonmagegrl

I love cuddling. And the best sleep i've had was falling asleep in a guy's arms. I really miss it. Sometimes I sleep on the couch and cuddle up against the back of it. The only problem I have is when the guy hogs the bed and i'm squished against the wall or nearly falling off the bed. Although I agree with the seperate bathrooms thing. Sharing a bathroom with a guy can be awkward (especially at certain times..).

HiddenDemons

I love sharing a bed! I've never done with my [non-existent] girlfriend but I do it with my friends all the time (probably going to do it during a school trip soon). I don't find it weird (though I do toss and turn a lot apparently so that poor person) though I've never cuddled anyone really before. Unless you count that one time I woke up to my best friend cuddled into me (that was just weird cause she's my best friend and we've never, and probably will never, have feelings for one another). So, if they can handle my tossing and turning and my snoring I don't mind!

I love sharing a bed! I've never done with my [non-existent] girlfriend but I do it with my friends all the time (probably going to do it during a school trip soon). I don't find it weird (though I do toss and turn a lot apparently so that poor person) though I've never cuddled anyone really before. Unless you count that one time I woke up to my best friend cuddled into me (that was just weird cause she's my best friend and we've never, and probably will never, have feelings for one another). So, if they can handle my tossing and turning and my snoring I don't mind!

I find sharing the bed with my girlfriend cozy. Well, that is, when the bed is big enough for both of us.One twin bed is a little cramped, but queen and up is good since I only need as much space as a twin, and she is usually a 'sliver,' and barely takes up any room.

Hearing her breathing helps me sleep, and she likes the, as she puts it, on demand cuddles.

Sleeps like a rock, I snore and probably drool. Could sleep through a hurricane but the second you whisper my name and Im up faster than lightning! (maybe not as fast as lightning but I'm definitely quick)

Eh, I'm in a relationship right now and I HATE sharing the bed. The slightest touch from my partner, I wake up in a panic and push him away. We have a queen size bed too.

It's beyond frustrating. So I make sure I go to bed a few hours earlier- so I get a few decent hours of sleep.

I've never lived with anyone I was dating, but when I stay over at my girlfriend's we always share a bed. It's odd, before I met her I could hardly imagine anything worse than having to sleep right next to someone, but in practice I fall asleep so much faster when we cuddle! She's like a cute, beautiful limpet. Adorable. It's kind of comforting to know there's someone right there, I guess? But it's definitely only possible because I know her so well, bed sharing with anyone else would probably not work for me at all. I've always been quite a tactile person, so that probably explains it!

YeOldeToast

I'd really rather not, but I kind of have to. It makes my girlfriend feel disgusting if I sleep in a different room because I'm in... one of those moods. So yeah, co-sleeping is a must, no questions asked.

Swimfreak660

I share a bed with my cat every night, and she likes to sprawl out across the entire bed so there isn't room for anyone else besides me.

whatsmyname

I really love cuddling and being tactile with my partner! I think its the fact that I still like doing that which has made me question whether I really am asexual, but reading about grey-a I'm starting to identify a lot with it. I don't sleep very well without them (although I do like to starfish with the extra space.) We have our cat on the bed at all times too so it gets a little cramped haha!

While I generally don't mind sharing a bed while sleeping, I have huge issues with waking up next to another person: I'm an early bird (read: I can't remember sleeping past 10 am in like EVER, usually it's between 6-8am without alarm), and when someone lies next to me, I can't really do all the things I usually do in the morning because I I'm afraid I might wake them. But since I have loads of energy in the morning there's a lot of things I want to do. So, basically, I can't get on with my day because someone is blocking the laptop side of my bed - which is unfortunately also the side that doesn't face the wall (wall = MINE), so I have to awkwardly crawl over anybody who lies next to me.

tldr; I have nothing against sharing a bed but I hate having my morning routine disturbed.

I don't enjoy sharing a bed - I am not a good sleeper at the best of times and I just can't sleep with someone right beside me. My last boyfriend always wanted to cuddle and spoon in bed and I hated it. I didn't tell him because I knew he was just trying to be affectionate and I didn't want to upset him, but it made me feel really smothered. Urgh.

Synchrèse

I love cuddling with my girlfriend at night, we're very tactile.

...though she is a pillow and cover hog. And a bed hog. And has terribly cold feet. And drools.

.......I still love cuddling with my girlfriend at night despite all of that. :wub:

This is sooo me! Except for the fact that my pillow and cover hog are male ;)

I've never been in a relationship so I'm not really sure if I would mind sharing bed or not, sometimes I share my bed with my dog which is kinda nice, as she doesn't mind when I put my cold feet under her warm belly.

As far as I can imagine, if the bed is big enough and I have my "personal space", it's fine.

TheKindredSoul

I share a bed with my owl and bear! :P

I like using my platonic friends as pillows at night. However, this only happens occasionally. I don't think sharing a bed could be a constant thing for me if I was in a relationship, but it would be nice every now and then

Despite the fact I identify as aromantic, I do like to share a bed and cuddle actually. I used to consider those mostly romantic activities at one time, but now I realize I don't want a relationship but I do miss cuddling in bed.That's probably going to confuse some poor girl eventually... hahah.

Vivaldi Ives

Ideally my partner and I would have separate bedrooms, but occasionally have a "sleepover" together in one room. I like the idea of living with someone but giving ourselves lots of personal space (though this idea is based on my fantasy relationship with someone I used to know who seemed pretty independent and non-cuddly, so I think it could differ depending on the personality of my partner). I've never had a partner to share a bed with, though, so there's the possibility I wouldn't enjoy it, or the possibility I'd want them there all the time.

For now I sleep with stuffed animals or extra pillows, depending on what hasn't fallen off my bed by the time I fall asleep. :rolleyes:

Debbie :)

Myt husband and I shared a bed for 20 years. Now we have separate bedrooms and I LOVE IT. I think he misses sleeping together, but he understands. I'm glad he loves me enough. And I know he sleeps better. [He has always been a lite sleeper.]

asexynerdygal

I share a bed with 3 pit bulls and a varying number of cats so unless we can maybe put two beds together a queen and a single or something I'm not sure how it would work :D

Archived