Do Aces mind being called "sexy"?

Pikanyaa

A-Sexy?  

1. 1. Do you mind being called "sexy"?

• Yes, it makes me feel uncomfortable.
    • Yes, I think they're just making fun of me.
    • Nope, a compliment's a compliment!
    • No, I don't really believe them anyway.
    • I don't care either way.
  2. 2. What would you like people to refer to your appearance as?

• Sexy, hot
    • Beautiful/Handsome
    • Pretty, cute
    • Just simply "attractive"
    • MINDBLOWING!! (or some other outrageous adjective)
    • I don't really like getting comments on my appearance...
    • Ugly! (don't even want people looking at me)
    • I couldn't care less. Their opinions don't matter.
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Kellykinsss

I absolutely HATE being called sexy. I feel like it is objectifying. I don't even really care for for the term asexy.

There's only one person who can call me sexy. And I have no problem with it. I would prefer it nobody else was to ever utter the term in front of me for the rest of my life. Beautiful/Handsome is more than acceptable. They're more respectful, less lust worthy terms, and the kind of term that would be used by someone with a little more class. Someone who could maybe pull off a "sexy" compliment, and you knowing it wouldn't be with a "PHWOARRRR" type behaviour, and still be acting with a certain, more desired, (at least for me anyway) decorum :P

I'm not a big fan of having my looks complimented, it makes me feel uncomfortable. I prefer it when people compliment my personality.

I don't mind if it's not sarcastic. Unfortunately, I have difficulty telling if they're not being sarcastic so I prefer no comments at all. I'm too "used" to people making fun of me.

Storm Rage On

I hate it when strangers say it because it's nothing but objectifying and honestly inappropriate. I don't mind so much when friends or aquaintences say it (as long as they're otherwise respectful). It's when someone's only impression of me is my supposed sex appeal that makes me mad, and that's more the sentiment than the word.

I still prefer less sexually-charged words like "pretty" or "attractive", but out of the right mouth I'll accept "sexy" as a compliment.

If a girl called me sexy I'd take off my shirt and see if the sentiment stayed the same. If so I'd yell in a very odd voice " why you like weird looking people?!"

Let's just say no girl has yet to call me sexy!

Depends on context, but I'd likely find it highly uncomfortable regardless. I'd much prefer to be referred to, or thought as 'cute' or 'attractive' rather than objectified or viewed in a sexual light.

I don't really mind either way. I don't care much what most people think anyway.

Depends on the context but overall I'd say uncomfortable. It's a little objectifying, but I'd be way more uncomfortable with a stranger/relative stranger calling me sexy than someone I'm close to.

I don't mind being called "sexy" as long as it doesn't sound like "I'd tap that." And that they respect my boundaries and leave it as just a compliment.

Like, I think some people are sexy, yet I wouldn't even hold their hands. It's just a way of expressing a certain kind of attractiveness to me.

It's an aesthetic thing to me. Like "attractive" but in a more dramatic way. Like, especially when I cosplay, I don't mind being sexy. It's weird, I admit.

Wayfare Angel

I think there are better compliments out there than 'sexy,' but I know I'm sexy as hell, so there's no use getting upset at people for telling me what I all ready know. I think there's a difference between objectifying and appreciating someone aesthetically. It's like art. The Birth of Venus is drop dead sexy, for example. When it comes to people, just make sure you're being respectful.

Never liked being called sexy, and prefer of people did not comment on my appearance.

Janus the Fox
I don't often care what other people say really. A compliment is a compliment, I like the cute and handsome and don't matter who it's coming from guy or girl. As long its appropriate I don't mind, ok maybe some swears ;)

I don't really like getting compliments about my appearance in general. I'm still in the learning how to accept compliments phase so that probably has a lot to do with it. But when I do get complimented it feels either forced or like its mocking me so yeah... I don't think I'd like to be called sexy though. I can't quite put my finger on but there's something about that word I just don't like.

I don't know what I'd think/say if someone called me sexy,hot,cute,beautiful, or any other such. I'd only have to assume they were joking around. . .I don't consider myself to be 'cute' but also don't think of myself as 'ugly' either - basically just another average who doesn't stand out from the crowd.

If they did it in a fun/friendly way I don't think it'd bother me.

• 2 weeks later...
Grasshopper

I don't like being called sexy because usually when I get that kind of remark it's in the context of someone coming on to me or catcalling me. I prefer not to get remarks about my appearance at all (well, you can tell me my outfit is cute or you like my hairstyle or something specific etc.), but if I had to choose I would prefer something more like beautiful or pretty. I don't like cute because there is often a sense of condescension in that term (for me).

I'd actually rather be told I am funny or smart or even sassy (I like sassy people, so for me that's a compliment). Compliment my personality, not my appearance.

Void in Color

I don't mind it from people that I'm close to (like friends or a significant other) because I know that they don't just see me as a sex object, even if I do look sexy. I also don't think I'd mind it from strangers if I was specifically dressed and made up in that way, like if I was a club or a party. But just randomly on the street it would weird me out.

If someone said that I'm sexy, I would think that

1. They are mocking me (which is bad)

2. They are sexually attracted to me (which is even worse)

3. They are probably talking to another person

Thankfully, no one ever did call me "sexy"...yet. Did I jinx it?

Maroshka H'ghar

I would rather people to complement my achievements or personality. I would rather be called smart, funny, interesting, clever. basically any synonym of smart haha. but seriously, y bust my ass off at school, and I spend most of my time reading up on scientific discoveries, and other events as to be called "Sexy".

It bothers me sooo much, because the times when people call me sexy is basically a conversation along the lines of:

-"What are you studying?"

-"Astrophysics"

-"That's hot"

It just makes me so mad, because if I wanted my carrier to be sexy I would be a stripper. It just makes me feel like being called sexy is to objectify me and to diminish my actions just to circle back to the point that they want to have sex with me, and because I'm an asexual. is even more upsetting.

• 5 months later...

Not an easy one to answer this, as people don't make comments about me, to others I am a non-person. However, I would feel uncomfortable if someone did call me sexy, especially if that person was male

• 4 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived