Do Aces mind being called "sexy"?

Pikanyaa

A-Sexy?  

1. 1. Do you mind being called "sexy"?

• Yes, it makes me feel uncomfortable.
    • Yes, I think they're just making fun of me.
    • Nope, a compliment's a compliment!
    • No, I don't really believe them anyway.
    • I don't care either way.
  2. 2. What would you like people to refer to your appearance as?

• Sexy, hot
    • Beautiful/Handsome
    • Pretty, cute
    • Just simply "attractive"
    • MINDBLOWING!! (or some other outrageous adjective)
    • I don't really like getting comments on my appearance...
    • Ugly! (don't even want people looking at me)
    • I couldn't care less. Their opinions don't matter.
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Main topic's in the poll!

I've been wondering if other aces mind being called "sexy" considering sex is the last thing on their minds. I prefer "pretty" or "beautiful" myself since it takes away the lusty connotation, but I'm sure other aces have different opinions. Feel free to discuss!

Edit: Changed wording of 2nd option on 1st poll to better phrase what I want it to say (previous- Yes, because I don't think I am.)

Purnkin Spurce

When someone calls me sexy, it just reminds me they are looking at me in a sexy way. It doesn't always mean exactly what it's implied but that depends on the person saying it. But the majority of the time it does mean what it implies. It makes me think they are looking at me sexually and not looking at me for ME. As a whole person and not just my "assets." I don't mind being called beautiful, stunning, cute, pretty, adorable, etc etc. As long as I feel like they really mean it in a sincere way then I am ok with those words.

Random Happenstance

'Sexy' is pretty much the most abbhorent 'complement' I could imagine ever being directed at me. Along with 'hot' actually.

I don't much like complements or insults based on appearance though, they seem pretty ridiculous to me. People can't much help how they naturally look, and complementing or insulting someone on something they can't control seems bizarre. Thankfully such comments are rarely directed at me.
When it comes to comments about appearance, the only one I've ever got which has made me happy was being told I look particularly androgynous, since that's kind of what I hope for. Other than that the comments I'm cool with are complimenting a specific item of clothing eg. 'that coat looks awesome' or if someone had done awesome makeup or something to complement that.
I wouldn't mind being told I look interesting or cool though, since it's basically implying more about my personality than my appearance. Complements aren't really my thing though, I'm certainly terrible at both giving and recieving them.

Ser Sawyer Sauce the Sare

I don't care if people call me sexy. It's more of 'just a word' to me.

I'm uncomfortable with people referring to me as "sexy" because it makes me think they want to stare at me or touch me or worse...

But if, for example, I was getting dressed up to go to an event with a female friend and she said I looked sexy, I'd be okay with it because it would just be a compliment from a friend (not that this situation ever happens...I don't have any friends to go out with right now). But a catcall from a stranger, or even just a friendly guy trying to compliment me by calling me sexy, is not a pleasant idea.

I'm fine with being called pretty/cute/nice looking, and I'm fine with people thinking I'm more neutral looking. I don't want to be thought of as ugly though, not that it makes much difference to me as the main thing that matters is how I think I look.

I tend to call myself "sexy", but it's usually cus I'm joking around to friends. I dont recall anyone else ever calling me it though. Personally, I dont really want people to tell me what they think I look like. See, I know what I look like, and I know people tend to find me attractive, but I dont need them telling me that cus I dont want to converse with someone who is only doing so cus they like how I look. It's pretty shallow and making horribly boring conversation. I want people to talk to me based on my mind cus they find me interesting, not cus they find me attractive and are starting to have certain thoughts I dont want to be apart of. Most of the time someone starts to gain an interest in me, it tends to be based off how I look, but when I tell them I'm not into that sorta stuff, they all disappear. It's pretty hard to make friends cus people are only conversing with me due to my appearance and if they cant get anywhere further than a conversation then they're not gonna bother. So understandably, I have a pretty low opinion of people when they try complimenting my face and whenever someones does, it's the only proof I need they're not worth chatting with.

I'm just glad I look like a dude cus it's pretty easy to deter queer men quickly when I tell them I dont have a schlong.

It's a compliment, it's nice to hear them occasionally even if they come from a dodgy source.

littleheartsofjoy

This is a really interesting poll.

As Vivaldi Ives said in their example, it depends on who's saying it to me. I'll take it as a compliment, as long as it is just a compliment and not that you think I am because you'll like to sleep with me. I'm fine with compliments, but again, depends on the kind of compliment.

I prefer cute, pretty, and beautiful though, because to me, I believe know that I am those things, and I don't mind being told that I am. Even "attractive" is ok with me as well.

The only compliments I'm ok with appearance wise are of my clothing, but specific clothing. I'd rather people didn't say "nice pants" because I realized what they meant a long time ago (it only happened when I wore tight pants) and that is just uncomfortable for me. Either that or they're subtlety pointing out that I've bought women's pants from the thrift store again by mistake and telling me that that's a mistake. No, I'll take a compliment on a t-shirt graphic because I have good taste in art. I'll also discuss shoes because I spend a good amount of cash buying high tech trail running shoes (I spend tons of time on my feet) and enjoy sharing my walking hobby of which shoes are an essential part. And hat complimments are ok 'cause hats are fun. I guess the only comment on my body that I dig is when someone has spotted another one of my dopplegangers, there are thousands of white men who look just like me. No joke, I've seen them, it's weird... That's it. How I look is not relevant to who I am so discussing my appearance is awkward at best and uncomfortable at it's worst.

Mal Makalaster

I don't care if someone calls me that, but I wouldn't know since no one has called me that before. I would actually take it as a compliment if someone did.

I don't mind being called sexy. Though the only times someone calls me that is when my friend and I are joking with each other but shh XD

As for the other question I just answered "other" because I think that if they have something positive to say, anything from sexy to cute, then go ahead and thanks, if it's something negative keep it to yourself.

5_♦♣

I don't care either way for the first question and simply attractive for the second question.

Waist of Thyme

It would make me uncomfortable if it's coming from someone I don't know (or someone I do know if it's in a creepy/suggestive tone).

If it's just joking with friends, then I'd be ok with that.

I prefer cute/pretty/beautiful, which is usually how people comment on my appearance.

I don't really mind if people call me sexy, but it makes me worried they might be hitting on me, which I don't like.

I like for people to say (and think) that I look professional, well dressed, confident, strong. I don't mind if they think I'm good looking or handsome. I'd really rather they don't focus on my looks too much though.

Yeah, I do mind. It's a good way to make me uncomfortable, no matter who it's coming from >_>

As for everything else, it kinda depends on who it's coming from. If it's a stranger or someone else that didn't know me very well, I'd rather not have my appearance commented on at all. But when it comes to people that I'm more familiar with, and them with me, I'm more accepting of it.

I think in general, I just want to be sure that the other person doesn't only recognize me for my outward appearance, because that gives me instant creeper vibes. Thankfully, I'm a guy and a rather ordinary/reclusive one at that, so this isn't something I have to deal with much at all.

Captain Darkhorse

I despise being labeled as "sexy". Absolutely despise it. As to what I prefer...nothing. I don't like people commenting on my normal day-to-day appearance but I can handle some types better than others. If I'm wearing something ridiculous, like a Halloween costume, then that's fine. A comment from a source I don't know well is fine; compliments on my appearance from a friend (particularly a close one) is not.

I don't like compliments on my physique in general... so no, I don't want to be called sexy either. That'd make me feel pretty uncomfortable, especially coming from someone I don't trust.

WhenSummersGone

Yes, it makes me uncomfortable. I'd rather be called pretty, beautiful or attractive.

no one calls me 'sexy' but I know I am so...lol

i suppose thats apart of my self affirmation towards my own body positivity.

It would honestly depend very heavily on the context, the intent behind said comments and who was saying it. I don't think it's very much so a definitive "yes it bothers me" or "no it doesn't". Though I'd usually rather be called pretty, cute or beautiful than sexy. I have a hard time seeing myself as sexy, especially given I dress "cute" with ringlets and bows and petticoats and floofy skirts...and have the figure of a 12-year-old only taller pfft. Maybe if I was wearing something sexy and someone told me I looked sexy in a non-creepy way like a friend or something with no intentions behind it...that'd be easier to believe?

marmalade-cats

Just being called beautiful or cute or attractive works for me. I don't particularly care about being called sexy, but I prefer it much less than being called anything else.

blackwhitered

I just know that at some point, because I'm a girl I guess, my parents/family felt the need to tell me I "look nice" upon leaving the house or meeting me. I never understood that. I would hope I made a greater first impression than just being physically attractive...

I think a lot of people tell other people they look nice because they genuinely think it and to make the person feel good about themselves. Quite often, if someone tells them they look good, they feel good. If appearance didn't matter, there wouldn't be haircuts, makeup, neat looking clothes and all that. I think a lot of people put some effort into their appearance (even if it's just to comb their hair) because in a way it does matter, it's not just shallow. It says a little bit about the person inside...do they care a little, not at all, too much? I guess I feel presentation isn't everything, but it is something.

The sexy thing, yeah it can be creepy or positive (meaning good looking, pretty, etc.). Before people had the nerve to tell someone they were sexy, they said other words which meant that...a "real looker" is one (no I'm not that old, but I've heard it). :lol:

The Scrabbler

I don't think I'd mind, but given my body style (which I like to describe as "jolly"), it's never really come up.

I don't mind being referred to as "sexy" as long as it's being done behind my back.

It depends on my state of mind. When I feel relativelly OK about myself, any compliment is nice. When I feel like the ugliest person in the world, I´m not able to take any compliment as anything else than a cruel joke.

nolongeractive

Well if I'm ever called sexy its by me with my friends in convo or by my friends in convo, but its just us being silly and its all in good fun. I don't think anyone has legit thought of me as honest to god sexy. I don't really care that much about physical appearence anyway really

Archived