TV/Movies and you - Sex v. Violence

R_1

AVEN and TV/Media - Sex v. Violence  

1. 1. Which one of those two options would you prefer to watch in TV/Movies?

• Sex
    • Violence
    • Don't know
    • Don't care

This poll is closed to new votes

AnomalyEternal

I usually couldn't care less, but if I had to make a choice I'd definitely choose violence. I can't stand watching sex scenes in movies but can watch violence as long as is isn't gory. I'm not squeamish, I just don't like gory scenes.

Love good fight scenes. I have a bit of a fight kink so yeah. But actual sex weirds me the fuck out.

I'd rather not see anything too gory though. Like, intellectual, well-planned fight scenes (think like martial arts movies) are what I'm into, not Saw-type stuff.

Violence....

I don't want or need to see sex. I don't know why exactly sex or even kissing makes me more uncomfortable than violence. You would think I'd be nearly as "used to it" by now with the amount in TV and movies....

I guess I'm biased that way.

• 2 weeks later...
Grasshopper

I voted for violence because I have a higher tolerance for violence than sex, but I don't like senseless violence (slash-and-hack films with no plot) and I can enjoy a tastefully done sex scene so it really depends on how well done the scene is.

I don't really know. I like nudity, to be perfectly frank, as long as it's portrayed respectfully and honestly. But sex and violence are both sort of icky unless they have a real impact on the story or characters. I started watching Game of Thrones this weekend, due to being in a hotel that had HBO during a Game of Thrones marathon, and I really enjoyed it, mostly because all of the violence and nudity and sex were all utilized in service of plot or characterization.

So, uh, I'm not really sure how to answer this. I like nudity, but sex and violence are okay depending on what else is going on...? I don't really prefer either.

Maybe I'll just answer "Don't know/Don't care" and let this be my disclaimer.

I don't mind violence. Some will say that there should never be a right context for it to appear on a screen of any sort, but a film with scenes that has violence, with the violence serving a purpose, not being gratuitous, is something I would rather see any day of the week, over some unrealistic sex scene.

There's never a "right context" for unrealistic sex scenes ^_^

Waist of Thyme

Violence. Sex scenes bore me. They probably even bore some people who like sex, because they don't even show anything. Everything always happens under the sheets or at angle where you can't explicitly see everything.

• 6 months later...

I don't mind violence if it is part of a film, rather than the whole film, and so long as it is not excessively graphic. I always feel very uncomfortable and sometimes nauseous if what was until then a good film is ruined by a sex scene

Void in Color

For me, it would really depend on the type of violence and the type of sex. Epic, LOTR style fantasy violence? Heck yes. Slasher films, not so much. Meaningless, gratuitous sex? Eh. Sex as an extension of a deep and meaningul relationship? I can deal a lot better, because at least there are some feelings I can relate too.

I'm frequently disappointed by the focus on the female body and the censorship of gore. I want to see more blood, not more panty-shots.

I hate both, but I prefer sex over violence because I get nightmares really bad!

Sex is natural and very beautiful.

Violence is not natural and disgusting.

I LOVE Sex. I'll take the sex please :)

I've been raised on violent action movies lol. I muuuuch prefer it to sex scenes.

I would say neither unless it's in a science or investigation kind of program. But since I have to choose one I would pick sex, violence is just horrible. I prefer to be bored instead of being disgusted.

Violence over sex, definitely. I'm also a zombie fan so the grosser the better. As for sex... I'm trying to watch the 2nd season of American Horror Story and I have to fast forward through half of it o.o

• 3 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived