ASL Interpretation for the conference?

Omnes et Nihil

Omnes et Nihil

I've been thinking about the need to organise ASL interpretation for the conference. If this is something we decide to do, we'll need to include that in our fundraising goals--interpretors always work in pairs, and each pair can only work for a limited time... and will all need to be paid).

-- Would ASL interpretors make the conference (more) accessible to anyone who would like to come? (And if so, where would we need to include the information that ASL is available if we arrange it?)

-- While we're in the planning stage, how can we figure out if/how many people would benefit from interpretors, so that we can try to make the appropriate arrangments?

-- Does anyone already interested in the conference have a need for ASL or any connection to someone who would come to the conference if it were available?

[since most people who have registered their interest seem to be coming from the US or English Canada, ASL seems to be the appropriate sign language to be thinking about... but I could be off-base on this one.]

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
reversemermaid

I just noticed this and I'm new to these forums but thought this should be bumped back up. It's great that you're thinking about this.

Maybe we could get in touch with ORAD (Ontario Rainbow Alliance of the Deaf) who will most likely be participating in World Pride somehow. Their About page and their Bylaws don't mention asexuality but I'm going to assume that's a visibility thing. I think there are other Deaf Queer alliances throughout Canada who will be participating in World Pride and they might be our best bet for helping us figure out how to arrange for interpreters.

Personally I doubt I'll be attending WorldPride but if I did, I would want the conference to be interpreted.

• 9 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator