Fun things to do in Toronto!

Qutenkuddly

The campground I'm looking at staying at has hiking trails....yay hiking!

Otherwise, I've never been to Toronto (or indeed...to Canada at all), so I'll be looking to meet up with some of you all for fun things to do! ;) :D

There are quite a bit of nice camping and hiking areas outside of the major city near where I live.

Also something I saw offered at the campground I'm looking at - swimming. Apparently they have a pretty major sandy beach on Lake Ontario that has....well, beach activities available.

Swimming would typically *not* interest me....pretty much at all....but seeing as I'm going to be *camping* if it's really hot out I may end up using this as a tactic to cool down. Either way, since there are people who actually really like water activities, I figured I'd throw it out there as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Check out a BlueJays game!

Too bad hockey will be over because that's the ultimate experience.

The shopping at the Toronto Eaton Centre is good if you enjoy shopping malls.

Canada's Wonderland if you want an amusement park.

For all American's planning to drink in their hotel/accomodation at all... bring alcohol from home it's 50% cheaper there! (There's no issue crossing the border with alcohol from home - it's bringing back alcohol that you have to worry about paying duty). If you don't manage to bring alcohol then look out for the LCBO (wine/some beer/hard alcohol) or The Beer Store. They both have apps in the apple app store (and I imagine for google too) so you can easily check out prices/closest locations.

Thompson Hotel and Sheraton Centre Toronto both have rooftop pools which are awesome.

If you want to familiarize yourself with Toronto's gay village then check their website: http://www.churchwellesleyvillage.ca/

• Like 1

Beer in Canada is stronger!!! Yay!

Raptors may be actually playing basketball.

• 4 months later...

We have a shoe museum. Our Art gallery and our museum the AGO and the ROM are really cool. Right now the ROM has an exhibit of stuff from the forbidden city that is just awesome.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of swimming in the lake... It is really cold. Also, gauging by the summer so far, it is going to be a cool one (Huzzah, no puddles of melted Canadians on the sidewalk again), but with that often comes rain. Temperatures so far have been mid to high 20s (Celsius), so it is pleasant.

@GreyelvenRanger Going to be staying in Glen Rouge Campground I am assuming? It is within walking distance of where I live. It is kinda amazing how it goes from city to semi-wilderness so quickly.

Ride the streetcars!!!!!! They are so fun and a great way to see the city!

Also...........eat in Chinatown....they have about 6 of them!!!

@Zash - I actually decided against the camping idea as I don't tolerate heat well and had no idea what the weather would have in store for me. I'll be staying in one of the university rooms (yay AC and internet) but I definitely want to swing by there anyway to explore the semi-wilderness of which you speak while I'm there.

• 8 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator