EuroPride 2014 - Oslo, Norway

ThaHoward

Update: The event (or unconference as described here) will be held at Frognerparken (Frogner Park) the 26th of June 13:00 (1 PM). Asexuals are also registrated for the Parade March which is the 28th 13:00 too. Hope we can see you there :) Also we will have a meetup the 21st of June 12:30 PM. For more information check out Facebook or the meetup thread.

Original OP:

This year Europride will be held here from the 20th to the 29th of June 2014. The main parade is the 28th of June. Itmay be a good way for asexual awarness :) Will try to contact the commitee and LGBT, and look if it can be it's own asexual event.

Euro pride is basically the same thing as world pride, only for europe instead of the whole world. This may then obviously make it easier for europeans, especially those who want to go to world pride, but can't afford it. Ryan Air from britain to norway for an instance is very cheap. And you can drive from Germany to Norway in some hours.

Also if anyone is interested, just say so here :) This do not mean that you have to partcipate, only that you're interested in it. And this may to be a part of the various events (and hopefully an asexual one!), the parade or to help out planning the whole thing. Or all three or a mix of them. Anyway, if we can pull this off, it will be great deal of fun and we get to spread to asexual awarness and visibility and education.

This is the program for the EuroPride if you're interested.
Also I'll copy the WP 2014 thread, and make a similar list of those who are interested in Euro Pride.

If/when we get enough who are interested, we may start the planning. Like in World Pride, with anything from how to spread the word, and what we're going to do and so on.
List of those who are interested in participating:

ThaHoward - Norway
cavyX - United Kingdom
Nemon - Finland
Jokulmey - Iceland
MXC - United Kingdom
Elaiah - Finland
onria - Sweden
Pataphysicist - UK
Mors - Canada
Trine - Norway
EdenRose
watercourseway - Germany
Gudrun
on the shore
Pirate of Frost - Italy
mothy - Norway
Racoons & Arca N.H.
Bernand - Norway
hsl - Sweden

List of those who can't participate, but who's interested in helping out:

Hayle_me - Poland

Also it is planned to be a meetup around this time in Oslo, so come if you're interested! This will be a great way of knowing other asexuals, other attenders and to get a tour in the city of Oslo. Also this do not mean in any way that you have to come to this meetup to come to the EuroPride, or come to EuroPride if you want to attend to the meetup :)

Social Media, would be appriciated if you liked, shared and used our tags even if you're not going to participate :)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aep2014

Twitter: https://twitter.com/europride2014

Tumblr: http://asexualeuropride.tumblr.com/

Lambda Corvus

Thanks for posting this Howard. We're looking forward to seeing the information that you acquire.

If someone is interested, they can book an event for asexuals/asexuality. Allthough I do not know how many that will come.

http://www.europride2014.com/hjem/program/get-your-event-listed-in-the-program/

Currently it is only two - booked - events, one for lesbians and one for everyone.

http://www.europride2014.com/hjem/program/

Also at the side of the sites it come messages from twitter if you tag @EuroPride or @OsloPride. So making tweets about asexuality while tagging europride could be a good way to spread some visibility.

Also I know that for a fact that the LGBTIQ/LGBT/LHBT here support asexuals, at least officially. Also I could try to get the sex-talk program (education and visibility about sex, sexual orientations etc) on the national radio for youth and young adults to have a reportage about asexuality. I know that they have had an interview before, so they might be extra interested before the EuroPride as they most likely will have special programs then, to educate and talk about the different sexual orientations and gender identities.

I am interested :P and cause its June I could actually afford to go. Possibly!

Lambda Corvus

Moved this thread from World Watch to Visibility and Education Projects.
AlGorithm,

World Watch Moderator

Another difference with WP is that Europride happens every year. (If WP happens to be in Europe then the two coincide; thus London 2012 was actually Europride as well as WP.)

Sounds interesting! Maybe I should come?

Yes! Yes you should!

Sounds interesting! Maybe I should come?

Yes! Yes you should!

I agree! :)

Also, great news! One more member have said they are interested :D

Good! :) I will list you up as interested. Unless you have anything against it.

I wish be would go here but unfourtunetly I won't :( BTW I really suport this idea and hope many aces will appear here . Wish you a Good Luck! :)

Too bad you can't make it :( Maybe next year when it is in Riga (I think it was)? :) Anyway, if it becomes a thing, could you be interested in helping with the planning and/or organization?

I wish be would go here but unfourtunetly I won't :( BTW I really suport this idea and hope many aces will appear here . Wish you a Good Luck! :)

Too bad you can't make it :( Maybe next year when it is in Riga (I think it was)? :) Anyway, if it becomes a thing, could you be interested in helping with the planning and/or organization?

Yes, I'm of course interested in. I'd give some advices, propose discussion topics or help with Q&A board. :)

That's cool! :) Hopefully you'll make it ^_^

Pirate of Frost

This sounds intresting, even though I don't think I will be able to come.

I'm following this topic anyway. :)

Great! :)

Except PM's to come out soon, and planning to start any minute now.

Guest member25959

Most of us are Europeans here, right? Norway isn't a member of the European Union but it's a member of the Schengen Zone, which means that it should be easier to cross the border into Norway. The UK and Ireland aren't Schengen countries, and I think you'll need some kind of ID to enter Norway (I'm told that a bank card is good enough). Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania aren't in the Schengen Zone yet (I'm gonna guess and say that the same pre-EU travel restrictions apply in those countries)

tl;dr if you're traveling to Norway from anywhere in the EU you don't really need a visa or anything (I think?)

Australia, Canada and the US are "visa-free" countries (if you're planning on traveling to Europride from those countries). Iceland is a member of Schengen and the Nordic Union too, which should mean that you can travel from Reykjavik to Oslo without going through border or passport checks

Useful, probably useful

Thanks!

We will now have an "official" skype meeting on Saturday to plan it, so if you're interested let me know :) Hopefully we will find ways to get even more to EuroPride :d

Archived