mind?

night_raven

I was wondering, are any of you ever bothered if someone asks a lot of questions? I try not to do this to my bf, especially if he hadn't brought it up, and there is some sort of question in this area that i want to know about b/c i'm afraid that he doesn't like it when i do that. The truth is, i'm very curious about this, because it's something that i can only sort of understand. One of the reasons is that i'm not even entirely sure if he really is asexual. And because i wonder if a person can change, b/c i know that i have (not really from asexuality, b/c i think that i've always had some sort of sexual attraction to guys, just not sexual desire).

So, do you prefer it for someone to ask questions to be able to understand better, or would you rather they just left the topic alon?

Ask anything you'd like, I certainly don't mind :)

I think that people can (and some do) change, it's not something that you should count on or try to promote though.

i neither count on nor promote it. it's just that it is something that i know does happen, and w/o the person trying to make it happen.

Questions are the lesser of two evils for me. No, I don't the feeling of being a specimen or novelty that comes with being questioned, but it's far preferable than having the other person be ignorant.

However, I get the feeling that you want to know if your boyfriend will find questions annoying. And none of us is your boyfriend, so we can't tell you that. If you want to know if he dislikes questions, ask him. And do explain to him why you want to ask so many questions; it might make him more receptive to them.

Madame_Sosotris

I think I wish my boyfriend would ask me more questions. When he doesn't, but tells me he accepts me, I get uncomfortable and fear that he only thinks he understands, but doesn't, and that things wouldn't work out if he really understood -- so my advice is -- by all means, ask! It's better to have things clear between you. Communication is good. But you could always start by asking him if he minds questions.

I personally adore getting asked. People asking = people trying to understand = wonderful happiness and joy! So ask me anytime you like, but I warn you, you are more like to get a jumbled account of my own life than you are to get a real answer ;-)

Welcome again!

-Emmy

Archived