Month or more goal

So I decided to do this personal challenge and I wanted to share it with you guys.

Every month I will try a new hobby and the rule is that I cannot quit that hobby until the month is over.

December I tried programming and that worked out pretty well. I learned HTML and I decided to keep teaching myself programming. Now I'm learning Python and I love it.

This month I decided to start running. Right now I kind of hate it but I already locked myself into it. I have to run Monday Wednesday and Friday for the rest of the month and I'm not allowed to quit until February

Anyway this thread is kinda for me to keep track of my progress on these goals and see what I like/don't like and to see if other avenites want to dedicate themselves to a hobby for a month too. It's also to make sure I actually stick to these goals instead of blowing them off.

Tomorrow is Friday so I gotta get my running shoes ready.

Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Today is another running day. I have to wait for my sister to get off work and then I'm off to the park.

Next month I'm either going to learn spanish (again, I'm not bad at it, I just keep stopping) or I'm going to try photography. What do you guys think?

Photography's a really cool hobby, and if you have one of those newer Smart Phones, they can act as decent cameras :=) I might try doing a lite version of this, lite meaning that I have too many hobbies and do a ton of volunteer work already, so I wouldn't be able to dedicate entirely to a new hobby each month unless I got told what to dedicate to xD

why dont you just pick one hobby you really like and stick with it? quality over quantity.

• 4 weeks later...

So, whatcha wind up going with?

I might try to join you, but maybe with a few tweaks. Since I already have quite a few hobbies, I might dedicate a month to each one (or a new one). Right now, it feels like I don't have the time to do the things I like, so maybe putting aside a whole month will help.

Archived