• Announcements

    • Kelly

      New Team members Needed--Moderator, Project Team, and Declass Team: Voting   12/10/13

      See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164659-new-declass-team-member-needed-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164657-new-moderator-member-needed-qa-co-mod-and-world-watch-mod-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164656-new-project-team-member-needed-resources-and-education-director-voting/  
    • Kelly

      AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

      The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Lady Girl

      Ace Community Census   11/06/17

      It’s time for the 2017 Ace Community Census!   see:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162675-announcing-the-2017-ace-community-census/  
    • Heart

      Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

      AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  
michaeld

WP 2014 Tinychat and meetings

Recommended Posts

ThaHoward

I'll be on soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eee

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heart

Are there planned meetings for the future? I only just discovered this :P (Ya, I know, I'm slow... you may in fact have to babysit me a little :P )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
virtua

Are there planned meetings for the future? I only just discovered this :P (Ya, I know, I'm slow... you may in fact have to babysit me a little :P )

The tinychat meeting was originally planned because tinychat was the only platform that michaeld knew of where a medium-sized group of people could use text, audio, and video chat to communicate without any major issues. During the first meeting, there were issues with people being kicked out of tinychat and screens and audio freezing, so a Skype group was created as a backup. The people who attended the meeting decided to test Skype audio call and they found that it can work without people being cut off if one person did the talking.

There was an informal text-only Skype meeting that occurred a few days after the tinychat meeting. Future meetings will occur in the Skype group, which anyone can request to be a part of - the informal ones will most likely be text only and the formal ones will use audio. (Since you're already in the Skype group, you can just ask the group when the next meeting is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heart

Cheers :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heart

Just a note: my skype has been acting up. I will do my best to show up, but if I don't seem to be there, or am not responding, please PM me any relevant details of stuff that I specifically need to do! Otherwise, I may not get it...

Thank you! I really appreciate it, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michaeld

Hi all,

The next meeting is at 1pm EST this Sat, 22 March. We are going to be discussing march designs and media outreach, as well as wrapping up some things from previous meetings. I hope you can make it! Please, PM me if you need adding to the skype group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heart

I don't think I can make it unfortunately, but keep me updated on the broad strokes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michaeld

Hi all,

Anyone that is around this Saturday and is interested in helping with WP, please join us for a meeting on skype at 6pm UK time (1pm EDT), Sat 26 April. We will be discussing where we are regarding the designs, how to get the word out for the conference and any other topics people wish to raise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heart

Saturday the 26th or Sunday the 27th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michaeld

I am always messing dates up. Sat 26. I'll edit. Thanks Heart!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
virtua

Do you mean 1 PM EDT? If you're going by British Summer Time (BST), then 6 PM BST is 1 PM EDT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michaeld

Yep EDT it is not EST. *edits*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
virtua

Have you edited the date yet? It still says:

Anyone that is around this Saturday and is interested in helping with WP, please join us for a meeting on skype at 6pm UK time (1pm EDT), Sat 27 April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michaeld

Edited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heart

Haha. Poor Michaeld. We're such an international group, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michaeld

Meeting this Saturday at 1pm EDT to discuss the schedule for the conference!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michaeld

Hi all,

There are quite a few people who will have difficulty with attending today's meeting (1pm EDT) on the topic of the conference schedule. And this is a rather important one. So what I suggest is we postpone the official conference schedule meeting but have an informal (probably text based) meeting today at 1pm EDT (usual skype group) for those who can make it, to tie up a few loose ends e.g. where we've got to on outreach, materials for the march and conference sundries. We could think about the overall structure of the conference sessions, how the registration and tabling will work - but leave deciding the schedule till next time. That would also give us an opportunity to take into account the replies to the email we just sent asking what sessions people are interested in (let me know if you have registered for the conference but didn't get this email!)

So do come along at 1pm EDT if you are around but it isn't critical to come to this if it's difficult.

Would next Sunday (25 May) at 1pm EDT work for the conference scheduling meeting, for everyone who intends to come along? (I can't do Saturday unfortunately unless it's much later in the day.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelly

This will be Skype? And in about one hour, yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michaeld

We will be having an informal meeting on skype in 1 hr to tie up some loose ends, in particular:

- how our outreach effort is going

- how our materials for the march are going (are the designs finished? is there anything else we should be designing?)

- a few conference sundries (e.g. how the tabling will work, volunteers for registration and clearing up).

The more critical meeting a week on Sunday will be on designing the conference schedule. We will take into account the views of everyone who replies to our email asking which potential sessions they would like to attend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelly

Would next Sunday (25 May) at 1pm EDT work for the conference scheduling meeting, for everyone who intends to come along? (I can't do Saturday unfortunately unless it's much later in the day.)

The more critical meeting a week on Sunday will be on designing the conference schedule. We will take into account the views of everyone who replies to our email asking which potential sessions they would like to attend.

That is now, yes? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelly

It looks like no one is there.

*hangs up*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michaeld

Kelly we've been on skype since 1pm EST. Please log in if you can - we'd definitely like your input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelly

Yay.

*joins*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michaeld

Penultimate meeting tomorrow, Monday 16 June! 1pm EDT as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelly

Eeps. I was at work.

Plans look good, yes? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now