Obama: Yay or Nay

canguy

Thanks

From what I've skimmed (haven't read the entirety yet) nothing in here seems to be saying anything that is not common knowledge though, and that Obama tried to extend troops staying... So... Unless That was supposed to mean something about keeping troops at the embassy/ for training iraqi military

I prefer him over the alternative. In all honesty, there's so much bureaucracy in our government that a President is deeply limited in what he can do unless his party happens to control both the House and Senate. To put it simply, it's a lot easier to block action than it is to carry it out.

This. All of this.

It's also annoying when Republicans try to upset me by pointing out flaws with Obama, when I never once said he was perfect or has any superhuman abilities. As for the house and senate, people like my mom are apparently unaware of their existence and think Obama runs the entire government and makes all decisions single-handedly, therefore deserves all blame if the country is not perfect right now.

Touchofinsight

I don't particularly like some of his policies.. mostly because I align more with libertarian views of giving people choices not forcing it on them (I.E. Obama care)..

However, like many have said in various ways before me on this thread and in other places... our political system leaves much to be desired in the majority of candidates we actually get to choose from.

Archived