#1 theotherfey

theotherfey

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 120 posts
  • A/Sexuality:asexual, biromantic.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:00 AM

Hello, everyone ^_^

At 24, I have only just discovered my sexuality--or asexuality. At first, I thought I was bisexual, and even that was a recent discovery. For most of my life, I considered myself "straight" (or cissexual, if that is more appropriate), but over the past year, I've found myself attracted to females, and I can see myself having a female partner. Yet I have never desired sex with with a male or female, and I haven't been in a relationship with either. I find males attractive, and I tend to "fan girl" over certain fictional male characters (I'm a nerd, what can I say), and I may say things like "he's hot", but it doesn't mean I find that male sexually attractive. It's more like looking at a nice painting. I guess I could consider myself biromantic, but I had never heard that term until I read up on asexuality. 

I'm a writer, and I tell stories and roleplay characters with my friends, and we have told/written some sex scenes, and I don't mind reading or writing about it, so long as it is tastefully done, but I have no desire to engage in any sort of sexual activity. Even a kissing scene on tv sometimes makes me look away and feel awkward, and the gentialia of both sexes disgusts me. I mean, really, they aren't pretty.

I enjoy reading and writing fantasy (I haven't played much Dungeons and Dragons, but I'm a fan of the Forgotten Realms novels/world), manga (Japanese comics), anime, being with friends, roleplaying via a forum, IM, or oral storytelling (though that is only done with one friend. It's kind of a special thing for us). I won't list all my hobbies, but those are the main ones.

I very recently started volunteering at a resource center for LGBTQ, and have not had much prior experience with any of the terms that I may come across, so if I use a term wrong, please let me know! I don't want to offend anyone. I look forward to meeting new people! Thanks!

#2 Lady Girl

Lady Girl

Cake is our Friend

• Moderators
  • 15,089 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:36 AM

Hi and welcome to AVEN! You shouldn't have any trouble meeting people here, they are friendly and supportive. That was a great intro btw! I hope you enjoy being a member. :)
                               apieceofcake.gif
                                                          pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gif

Not all asexuals define asexuality in terms of sexual attraction. Some just do not desire sexual interaction.

"...research on self-identified asexuals...shows that they do not necessarily have a lower desire for sexual activity, 

but they clearly have a lower desire for sexual activity with others..." Anthony Bogaert

About Asexuality General FAQ     The AVEN Terms of Service (ToS)     Project Team's Guide to the Site

#3 theotherfey

theotherfey

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

Thank you very much! ^_^

#4 sagetappe

sagetappe

A-Mazing

• AVEN Members
  • 70 posts
  • A/Sexuality:pan-romantic asexual

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'm reading this and thinking: you are me. :) I did the whole bisexual to asexual thing, too, and FR is awesome, especially Erin Evens. I look foreword to getting to know you so welcome and have some cake  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:

• theotherfey likes this

#5 theotherfey

theotherfey

Amoeba Colony

• AVEN Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

Yay, thanks for the cake! Lol Evans is great. I'm reading The Adversary right now :)

#6 sagetappe

sagetappe

A-Mazing

• AVEN Members
  • 70 posts
  • A/Sexuality:pan-romantic asexual

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Lucky, I can't afford it right now. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users