Asexual Fetishist vs. Sexual Fetishist

StrangeCreature

StrangeCreature

I have a sneeze fetish. I love to hear people sneeze, see them sneeze, and be sneezed on. This is the only thing that turns me on. When I "get off" to this fetish, I hump a table...I don't feel sexually attracted to the table, but I do like the sensation. It's a form of masturbation I've used since before I knew what masturbation was.The partners I have had in the past have complained that all I want to do is hump furniture and be sneezed on. They get upset because I don't want to engage in anything involving them other than their sneezes. I don't want to jerk them off or even have them do anything to me. It's boring, and I can't orgasm that way. Sex is not at all interesting to me, and I used to be scared by it. Now I am mostly bored by it and a tad uncomfortable with the idea...granted, it does sometimes still scare me. I don't like kissing, and cuddling for long periods of time is uncomfortable for me. It seems as if I am attracted to the sneeze itself rather than the person who is sneezing. It doesn't really matter terribly who is sneezing. I just love the sneeze, I love the spray, I love the snot. That's about it. I'll take a sneeze from just about anyone. A sneeze is a sneeze in my mind.

I've been looking through definitions, and I'm not certain if I am an asexual fetishist, or just have a fetish that cancels out normal sexual acts. Thoughts?

Butters the Great

Well, you don't like sex right? An asexual person is a person who does not experience sexual attraction, at least that's what the home page says so let's go with that. And sexual attraction is you know... sex and stuff. So if you don't like sex and stuff then you're asexual, but you have that fetish that's sexual in nature because it turns you on in a sexual way and stuff so you're not completely without sexual attraction. I don't think it cancels out the normal sexual thoughts because they're people with a bunch of fetishes who still like to fuck and stuff. This stuff get's pretty complex sometimes and I think it comes down to the individual. I'm in the same boat as you are albeit a different fetish so I like to think I know what I'm talking about.

So if you have to use a label then asexual fetishist totally works, but call yourself whatever the fuck you want.

StrangeCreature

Thanks, Butters. :)

That clarifies some. Yeah, the label of "Asexual Fetishist" is a very accurate label for me, I think. I even find that I have a moderate to high libido, but no interest in sex. Just sneezes. :P

alpacaterpillar

Funny; whenever I have some new 'naughty' sexual idea I feel compelled to sneeze :P

I have a fetish for skirts (and other clothing worn by women) blowing in the wind (or otherwise environmentally displaced, but wind is the best), but am also not interested in sex (or nudity for that matter).

In regards to definitions; I'm not certain of the definition of fetish myself (it's kind of complicated, like 'sexual attraction :P), but I think that could well mean that when you tell somebody you have a fetish for X thing, that could have all kinds of meaning in their mind. If it's too ambiguous whether you're getting across the idea you want to explain, then I'm not sure an accurate definition is useful. I still identify as asexual because I think my disinterest (possibly repulsed; I'm not really sure) in sex and related acts is such that in the context of a sexual/romantic relationship, I would differ significantly from a heterosexual.

WhenSummersGone

I think an Asexual Fetishist can work, if that's what feels comfortable to you. I have a fetish for dominance and even groping/fingering, and it doesn't matter who does this to me as these stand alone without sexual attraction. They are probably caused by trauma and this is my way of dealing with it, although I would rather not be turned on by these things. So it's definitely possible to have fetishes as an asexual. I don't desire or even want intercourse but I do enjoy those other things.

StrangeCreature

I think an Asexual Fetishist can work, if that's what feels comfortable to you. I have a fetish for dominance and even groping/fingering, and it doesn't matter who does this to me as these stand alone without sexual attraction. They are probably caused by trauma and this is my way of dealing with it, although I would rather not be turned on by these things. So it's definitely possible to have fetishes as an asexual. I don't desire or even want intercourse but I do enjoy those other things.

I once spoke to my therapist about my fetish, and she thinks that since I was afraid of sudden loud noises as a child, and since sneezes are loud and sudden (usually), I could have masturbated to comfort myself when people sneezed. So in a way, this is my way of dealing with something too, even if the problem was small.

WhenSummersGone

I once spoke to my therapist about my fetish, and she thinks that since I was afraid of sudden loud noises as a child, and since sneezes are loud and sudden (usually), I could have masturbated to comfort myself when people sneezed. So in a way, this is my way of dealing with something too, even if the problem was small.

That could be it. I've heard fetishes can be linked to past experiences, although not always. I think it's only an issue if they are causing you stress or you hate them, like for me. I just don't have the time or money to talk to someone about them right now.

StrangeCreature

Someone pointed out an article written on this forum by Doppel, located here: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/85544-what-asexuality-is-not/

This makes me slightly more confused, since sneezes are something a person does...and yet, I don't really associated sneezes with the person. It's a bit strange, I guess....

I've never really understood what sexual attraction is, and what it isn't. Maybe that says a lot...I definitely have tried to figure out if I do indeed feel sexually attracted to either women or men...I'm not so sure I'm sexually attracted to either...definitely not men.

I've also browsed around on a forum for sneeze fetishists, and noticed some key things:

-Sneeze fetishists feel sexually aroused by the sneezes of a certain gender (or in some cases, a certain sex)
-Sneeze fetishists are more turned on by sneezes from someone they find attractive, but sometimes turned off by sneezes from people they are NOT attracted to
-Sneeze fetishists both masturbate to sneezes, and like to engage in sex
-Sneeze fetishists with a true fetish (psychologically speaking), generally need sneezes to feel turned on, which is typical of "true" fetishes

Personally, I could care less which gender a person sneezing is, and I don't really care if I find them attractive or not...and if I find them attractive, it's really just aesthetic attraction and no deeper. I masturbate to sneezes, and need sneezes to be turned on, but I have no interest in engaging in sex. I've never understood how or why they cared who was sneezing and why they preferred sneezes from one person over sneezes from another (minus the particular sound, amount of spray, and facial expressions). Perhaps I do now. I've been asked what else turns me on by some, and my response almost always comes as a shock to them, "Nothing else turns me on."

So, that probably does qualify as "Asexual Fetishist", although I could be mistaken.

• 6 months later...

Someone pointed out an article written on this forum by Doppel, located here: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/85544-what-asexuality-is-not/

This makes me slightly more confused, since sneezes are something a person does...and yet, I don't really associated sneezes with the person. It's a bit strange, I guess....

I've never really understood what sexual attraction is, and what it isn't. Maybe that says a lot...I definitely have tried to figure out if I do indeed feel sexually attracted to either women or men...I'm not so sure I'm sexually attracted to either...definitely not men.

I've also browsed around on a forum for sneeze fetishists, and noticed some key things:

-Sneeze fetishists feel sexually aroused by the sneezes of a certain gender (or in some cases, a certain sex)

-Sneeze fetishists are more turned on by sneezes from someone they find attractive, but sometimes turned off by sneezes from people they are NOT attracted to

-Sneeze fetishists both masturbate to sneezes, and like to engage in sex

-Sneeze fetishists with a true fetish (psychologically speaking), generally need sneezes to feel turned on, which is typical of "true" fetishes

Personally, I could care less which gender a person sneezing is, and I don't really care if I find them attractive or not...and if I find them attractive, it's really just aesthetic attraction and no deeper. I masturbate to sneezes, and need sneezes to be turned on, but I have no interest in engaging in sex. I've never understood how or why they cared who was sneezing and why they preferred sneezes from one person over sneezes from another (minus the particular sound, amount of spray, and facial expressions). Perhaps I do now. I've been asked what else turns me on by some, and my response almost always comes as a shock to them, "Nothing else turns me on."

So, that probably does qualify as "Asexual Fetishist", although I could be mistaken.

That sounds like a fetish to me. I'm an asexual fetishist myself.

It's rather embarrassing, but I have a pregnancy/childbirth fetish. I stated on a recent post that I couldn't get off watch videos and stuff, and that was honestly a lie, because seeing childbirth videos really arouses me. I've experienced this ever since my mom became pregnant with my little sister when I was four years old. I have no desire whatsoever to actually have sex with a pregnant woman because I'm sex-repulsed, but I can't masturbate without fantasizing about something involving pregnancy. It's practically disastrous if I see a pregnant woman in public. It's a nasty little fetish to have and I hate it because I feel so dirty for masturbating to the thought of something regarded as beautiful and pure, but I can't change it.

Archived