How Many Asexuals Do/Don't Want Children?

Little Lovely Cupcake

How Many Asexual Do/Don't Want Children?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want children?

• I do want child(ren), and I want a biological child.
    • I do want child(ren), and I want to be artificially inseminated.
    • I do want child(ren), and I want to adopt a child.
    • I already have child(ren), but I would like more.
    • I already have child(ren), and would not like any more.
    • I would not like to have child(ren).
    • Unsure
  2. 2. How many children would you like to have? Or already have?

• 5 or more
    • Unsure
    • I am pregnant

Ew. No thanks.

me too, noways, besides i feel more like kid myself, is that weird

I only want the kind of children that come with fur. Someday, I will live in a cabin in the middle of the woods with at least 50 dogs!!!!!!!!

Nea Rose Symphony

I kinda don't after trying to deal with the kids at the fast food place I work. Imagine dealing with those things 24/7

I don't want any children! I'm aromantic and asexual, and the thought of raising a child in my own is terrifying. Not to mention sex and pregnancy grosses me out, so adoption is really my only option if I did want kids.

I'm more excited for my brother to have kids so I can be an aunt. :cake:

dragons-and-books

I dont want kids bc i strongly believe id be a terrible parent, but if i did id want to adopt

cosmosredshift7

I will most likely end up raising kids, but not having them myself despite my mother's attempt at guilt tripping me into having kids with, "I'm never going to have grandkids with my face". Like, she's lucky I'm considering kids AT ALL.

L m a o. And adopting kids is the ONLY way i will acquire a child, and they will BE a child; I'm not adopting any kid younger than 5/6 because i CANNOT stand babies.

I'd like to have a child, but not any time soon, maybe in my mid-30s. It would be as a single parent and conceived via artificial insemination (no way am I having sex), or possibly adoption if that is possible as a single aspie (I doubt it).

Hermit Advocate

I find myself getting more and more annoyed by other people's children. I go to the store and all I can think is, please put a leash on your feral child. Or better yet, a muzzle.

I've got one child and I kind of always wanted to have one, not more (biological children). Although I did not enjoy being pregnant or giving birth (horrible, painful and ewww), I totally love being a mother to a daughter. We have a great connection and it's an adventure, seeing her growing up slowly, having her own opinions, asking questions about things that matter. I'm considering adopting/fostering a child when she leaves "the nest", but we'll see how it goes.

Coffee Bean

I used to not want kids...but one happened, and I didn't want her to grow up lonely like I did (my bro is 10 years younger), so I had a couple more. I'm still trying to accept my role, and I don't blame anyone for not wanting kids. This sucks sometimes...

To be honest, I'm a very feminine motherly sort of person so I naturally would love my own baby. But then, I've had a troubled life and family so I don't think I really want to handle another possible mess disguised as family. I think I'll enjoy being solo unless someone comes into my life who changes that. But then that's an ideal situation and there's little chance that might even happen

• 3 months later...

I plan to inseminate in the future (and perhaps adopt). My dream is to have a max of 4 kids, a mix of sons and daughters if I can help it. (I'd like to raise respectful boys and strong daughters). I love children and can't imagine my life going any other way. :)

Less likely than not, I definitely don't want any in the near future, may start considering it in my 30s or so. If I were to have any, 1 or 2 would be enough, as I'm an only child myself and turned out alright.

Nuh uh. No children for me. There's a million things I wanna do with my life and being a parent is definitely not one of them. I'll just stick with dogs.

I used to really want kids - it was the one thing that bummed me out about thinking I could never be in a relationship. Now I'm not sure if I do want them (despite actually being in a relationship), in part because I think I would be a *terrible* parent. If I stay with my current guy, he will probably be able to talk me into kids if we get to a point of financial stability. Neither of us are sure if we'd adopt or go biological, though.

I would like to have children. Preferably more than one, because I am an only child and I always envied people who had siblings.

I'm not averse to being pregnant and giving birth to a child, but I'd be also fine with it if my partner wanted to do it. I'd just prefer if there were no sex involved in the process.

Adoption wouldn't be completely out of the question either, but having dealt with the legal side of that professionally, I'm not sure if I really wanted to face that hassle.

I didn't vote because none of the options seemed applicable. I would love to have a biological child but am too old (46) to produce one. I would still very much like to be a mom though and would definitely consider surrogacy, adoption or donor egg insemination sometime before I hit menopause. I am currently childless.

• 11 months later...
Veryfairygirl14

I love my niece and nephews but I get to return them when I'm sick of them. Also I don't want to pass on my bipolar disorder. It's not the legacy I dreamed of passing on when I contemplate progeny. All together I don't think motherhood is for me.

Being an aunt is close enough. Plus fur babies are cool.

There is no way in any circumstance that I want a biological child (like I've had actual nightmares about pregnancy), and I don't see myself changing my mind on adoption either.

I've never wanted kids. Not physically anyway. Never really likes kids as I have never been around them.

But lately have been thinking adopting a child wouldn't be a bad thing if I was financially secure. Its just a small teeny tiny thought...Saying that I have 3 dogs, 2 cats and 2 rabbits....all adopted...and I guess I could just adopt more of them! 😂

No kiddos! I will say that I don't entirely hate children, but I find most annoying. I admit that I find 4-6 year olds really adorable. The fact that children grow up is one of many reasons why I don't want them. I wouldn't like them

much before or after that age. 

I don't want kids. I had a vasectomy 7 years ago and never looked back.  Best decision I ever made though it makes dating nearly impossible.

Strange But Not a Stranger

I don't want kids. I always knew I never wanted to become a mother. People would say it might change when I got older. It didn't.

I don't want biological children but i do want to adopt. I love children and i have always seen a feature with kids in it but i do not want to give birth to them, and i have never wanted that either. I just can't see myself pregnant, it just feels weird to even think about it.

Archived