How Many Asexuals Do/Don't Want Children?

Little Lovely Cupcake

How Many Asexual Do/Don't Want Children?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want children?

• I do want child(ren), and I want a biological child.
    • I do want child(ren), and I want to be artificially inseminated.
    • I do want child(ren), and I want to adopt a child.
    • I already have child(ren), but I would like more.
    • I already have child(ren), and would not like any more.
    • I would not like to have child(ren).
    • Unsure
  2. 2. How many children would you like to have? Or already have?

• 5 or more
    • Unsure
    • I am pregnant

I'm unsure if I want to adopt or have a surrogate with my fertilized eggs. I'd probably adopt, though.

hell if I know. adoption seems like the morally correct thing to do so maybe someday, but I'd never want a biological child...that doesn't seem like the responsible thing to do...

House of Chimeras

We do not want children. Will not have children. We have a phobia against personally having sex, pregnancy, foreign things growing inside us, childbirth, and new born babies. All those things freak us out, and just seeing obviously pregnant women in real life and babies make us have to look away or even leave their vicinity. It just really freaks us out. So no, no children.

rotanimonedaifg

I might like to have children, and would probably go for adoption. I would need to be more financially stable though, and I would like to have a partner to raise them with.

Squirrel Combat

I think I still want kids myself, be a good parent, show these other "dorks" how it's done RIGHT! ;)

gypsy_princess

no thanks. i don't want to reproduce myself, i'm already a mess, imagine a younger me around the world, please no. i may adopt when i'll be older, but i think i'd be a horrible parent. i need my space, i need to be alone, i don't want anyone with me.

Aisntllecxtual

No interest now or in the past. Creating an occupational entity

Aisntllecxtual

Oops! Hit the post button before I was finished. The world is my family and my endeavor is to create an political entrepreneurial vehicle - a child if you will - that will change it.

The Not So Impossible Girl

I had such a great mom. My mom is the reason I want kids, not because she goes on about wanting grandchildren, but because she taught me that parenting is the absolute ultimately loving thing you could ever do for a human being. If you do it right, that is.

My parents never had sex when I was growing up. They had to be artificially inseminated in order to have me and my sister and brother. Heck, they might be asexual too and not know it XD
And I know for a fact that they aren't in love with each other. They haven't been for a long, long time. But I know that my mom loves me and my siblings more than anyone else on this planet :]

And that's how I want to bring kids into this world: no sex, no distractions. I want them to know that they were created because they were desired and loved before they were even born. I want to teach them to appreciate things even when they can't understand them (like math! so much math...). I want them to learn that love is more than just sex. It's unconditional, confusing, tear-your-brain-out wonderfulness.

I know having kids isn't for everyone, but it's definitely for me : )

I would love to have children, it has been something I have wanted to do for years, and as a a young teenager I just assumed that I would grow up and have them one day. My issues with sex and relationships however have thrown a bit of a spanner in the works.

Ideally I would like to have a biological child before I am 30, and as I progress through my twenties I've started to think of the practicalities. I have not managed to have a successful relationship so far, and I can't see this changing. I do not want this to stop me from having a child but I have to consider raising one on my own.I would be perfectly fine with using a sperm donor because I would be uncomfortable using the sperm of any male I knew.
I come from a single parent household and it is very hard work, and very expensive to do. Not only this, but I can't help but feel it would be unfair to bring a child into the world just because selfishly I have always wanted to carry and raise one. I had issues with not having a father figure and I don't know if it alright to do that to my own child. I know that as long as a child has role figures in both genders then it is fine, but I don't know if I have a steady male person in my life beyond my step-father and grandfather who would be around enough to fufill this role.

I have also always wanted to foster and adopt because I feel that it would be something I would enjoy (I love children), but again, I worry if I would be able to fufill all their needs on my own, particularly as it seems to be more common for children in the social care system to have problems.

I want to give whatever child I have the very best, and I don't want to wait forever. I just don't know how I will go about it.

Veryfairygirl14

I guess I'm in the minority. I want the kids and the partner and the white picket fence. I just don't want sex to have to be a part of all that. I've known I wanted to adopt since I was 14. I don't care how old the kid is. I can't wait until I can do all those things. I just need to get to a place where I can handle all that.

Right now I'm just going to worry about paying my bills and getting a degree. I want my future children to have better than I did.

Until then I plan on enjoying the life of few responsibilities.

Veryfairygirl14

Guess I'm in the minority. I want kids and a partner and a house full of books. I just don't want sex to be a part of all that. I want to adopt kids. Not totally opposed to biological kids. Until I get my degree though I intend to enjoy the life of few responsibilities.

Veryfairygirl14

Forgot to mention that I wanna travel the world, learn a bunch of languages before I have kids. I'm okay waiting as long as my future partner needs.

Little Lovely Cupcake

WOAH! So many votes and comments, haha. Thanks for everyones results! :)

I've always known I didn't want kids. I made an announcement at a family function (xmas or something) when I was 7 years old that I was never having kids. Everyone laughed. 43 now and still very happily childfree ;D

Not at present due to working career but, more for external purposes to continue my family heritage (which otherwise would die) which I see as a form of responsability and at least 2 as I would like a daughter. It seems on my father's part there tends to be a great rarity of female being born and I think I could link more strongly with a daughter as a male/father whilst instead a male born child with time be more attached with a female/mother figure. Sex only for reproduction though as I prefer a romantic life and the idea to court a partner every day as I've always had the "chimera" that true love goes beyond sex.

Lorkhan

After struggling to deal with myself, how could I possibly do that to a person in its formative stages? Makes no sense. Not even adoption for me.

Besides, kids are freaking annoying.

i actually think that children are super cool but I think they are gross until like 5 years old. Because before then they just yell at you a lot. But after that children can be some of the most open-minded and sympathetic and, needless to say, honest people. probably because the world hasn't gotten a chance to teach them that not everybody is good-intentioned.

Maybe I'll become a teacher so I can prolong that belief. But nooo waay i am never ever going to acquire kids of my own. Im going to have like 65 cats and we are going to be really happy together.

SorryNotSorry

I have no idea how to raise daughters, but sometimes I've imagined what it may be like to raise 3 smart little girls... interesting to say the least.

But I wouldn't want to raise them in this totalitarian environment... it's no fun being a kid if everyone goes into DEFCON-1 mode every time Junior lights a fire in the back yard or decides to play baseball in the street. Any daughters of mine would turn out to be Thelma-&-Louise type hellraisers. :twisted:

I want kids, but I personally would lean more towards adopting unless my significant other wanted to have a biological child. The problem is I'm scared of pregnancy and I want a lot of kids (4+), so that will be a complicated thing when the time comes around for that... (sorry, wasn't something I could choose for the poll).

I love kids! I think they're adorable and funny, but I don't really know if I want any. I mean, if I screwed up my kids as much as my parents screwed me up, I don't know if I could live with myself. I don't want to pass down any of my defective genes to them and I don't want to take the chance that I could screw them up unintentionally. I'd want to be there for their whole lives and I'm scared of following in my mother's footsteps and dying before the oldest is even 9.

there's also the fact that I don't want a partner and I don't want to get married, and I would not be fit to raise children alone.

Little Lovely Cupcake

Wow, I just love hearing everyone's different personal opinions and point of views <33 I like that everyone here has a different story and personal opinion on these things! :)

Archived