How Many Asexuals Do/Don't Want Children?

Little Lovely Cupcake

How Many Asexual Do/Don't Want Children?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want children?

• I do want child(ren), and I want a biological child.
    • I do want child(ren), and I want to be artificially inseminated.
    • I do want child(ren), and I want to adopt a child.
    • I already have child(ren), but I would like more.
    • I already have child(ren), and would not like any more.
    • I would not like to have child(ren).
    • Unsure
  2. 2. How many children would you like to have? Or already have?

• 5 or more
    • Unsure
    • I am pregnant

Little Lovely Cupcake

I have been asking people this, but I figured a poll would be a better way to know :)

WhenSummersGone

Can we add an option for those who are unsure?

Hell naw

5_♦♣

I'd rather walk barefoot on broken glass than have kids in any way, shape or form.

iamphoenixfire

I don't think I would, and if I did, I'd adopt. I would much rather adopt than give birth.

At the moment I want children like I want... well, sex. Or to eat mud. Whichever helps you understand better.

I used to not want children or only want to adopt. Now I'm a bit more ambivalent. I wouldn't mind having biological children, but I'd still want to adopt one or two if I ever had any. I'm not planning on it at this point, but I could picture myself being very content with children.

penguin_illusion

Part of the minority!

I would love to have a child someday. Not now by any means- the thought of one now is terrifying o_O But later on when I have my life better organized, yeah I'd like a little human running around and pulling my hair out. Not sure yet how I'd prefer to obtain one. You can probably sneak one out of some smaller hospitals pretty easily. Mehehe, jk. I'd be willing to have sex to have a child though. Depends on the father and how he feels about the whole thing. Who knows, maybe I'll find a healthy relationship and have a husband.

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it though.

Little Lovely Cupcake

I am astonished by how many votes I got for feedback! I wasn't expecting that, haha. And WhenSummersGone, I added the 'Unsure' :)

Waist of Thyme

I don't want children. I want to live alone with no children, partners, roommates, or pets.

I would like to have several children, but if it doesn't happen, I would be OK with it. It would depend if I'm in a relationship in the future or not, and what my partner wants.

I would never want to have biological children though, not because of my orientation, but because I have a genetic disability which prevented me from having a diploma and makes autonomous life very difficult, plus history of paranoid schizophrenia running in one side of my relatives, and it would be incredibly selfish and immoral to take the risk to transmit these. I refuse to transmit my genes as they're already a big burden for me.

I'd try to adopt at some point in the future, when I'm in a position to. Or foster if I was unsuccessful in adoption. Dunno how many I'd like though, but I'd go for a slightly older child as they're the ones that don't always get considered cos usually people pick the cute widdle babies...

Something's a lil iffy about the poll results though - anyone else notice that? Kinda looks like a couple of peeps have said they want kids, but then chosen 0 :wacko:

WhenSummersGone

I am astonished by how many votes I got for feedback! I wasn't expecting that, haha. And WhenSummersGone, I added the 'Unsure' :)

Ok thanks! I'm a vote for the unsure options. I just don't know anymore if I do or don't want kids.

DepressedLPfan

I never wanted children, but now that I have my daughter I wouldn't trade her for the world. Unfortunately I don't want her to be an only child, so I'm either going to have to adopt or have 1 more, but I'm not having more than that.

I am 'strong' childfree, that is I actively want NOT to have children. If for some bizarre reason I ever do change my mind I will absolutely adopt rather than create more people, also as an adoptee myself I know what it's like to be a child in need of a real family and love.

I don't want to have kids, but, there is one case where I would take in a child... Like if something happened to my sister, and her children were orphaned, I would take in her kids instead of putting them into the foster care system. But, that is the only situation I could think of.

littleheartsofjoy

I'd rather walk barefoot on broken glass than have kids in any way, shape or form.

Hell naw

What they both said. I'm good without cute little spawns kids.

I also somehow clicked the wrong choice for the first question! I meant to say that I don't want children, not that I have them and that I don't want more. Skewed the poll by accident, lol.

Meh I'm not interested in the extra responsibility, and I definitely don't want to bring children into a world that's so messed up.

Little Lovely Cupcake

Thanks guys for answering my question :) I can't wait to see if any more people vote :D For now I am going to bed, so goodnight new friends <3

I could picture myself getting one child on my own, and that child to be biological. But that decision is like 10 years ahead, so its nothing that I have to think about now.

Nope and zero...was trying to tame a puppy today my friend just got and it was too much work! I know I can't take proper care of a human baby person nor do I really want to..they scare me.

peanut-butter-cloud

Right now I don't want kids and I don't see myself ever wanting kids in the future...but I'm only 19, so what do I know about how I'll feel in 20 years? I do know I wouldn't care about whether the kid was biological.

ethereal_energy

I never understood the concept of wanting your own biological children, and preferring them to adopted children. I understand it's easier or more convenient or less expensive or less of a process than adoption. But I don't understand why people would be opposed to adoption if it were as simple as biological children. That said, I want to adopt children rather than having my own. There are already so many children in the world who need a home, so why bring more into the world rather than helping those ones? In my opinion, if you raise the child, then the person is your child, genes or not.

I would want to wait until I'm married until I adopt though. I wouldn't have enough time to raise a child on my own, and I would need someone to help me with checks-and-balances type stuff. :)

I want to adopt 1 kid, at least 6 years old, but I'm open to the possibility of siblings or adopting another later. No more than 2 kids, though.

Definitely not for me. It's not about sex, it's about parenthood - whether the child was biological or adopted, I'd feel crippled having to raise one, let alone more than one. My goals in life lie elsewhere.

At this point (25 years old) I'm pretty sure I don't want children.

Archived