Hugs & Cuddles *squeak*

mayve

1. 1. Hugs?

• I'm comfortable hugging (almost) everyone. It's kind of a hello.
    • I like hugs, only with people who are established friends or closer.
    • Only hug people I'm romantically involved with.
    • I don't mind hugs if I have to, but I'd rather not.
    • I don't like anyone touching me.
  2. 2. Cuddles?

• Total cuddle slut! If given the chance I'd cuddle anyone.
    • Cuddle with friends or closer.
    • Only cuddle with people I'm romantically involved with.
    • I don't mind cuddles, but I'd rather not.
    • I don't like anyone touching me.

This poll is closed to new votes

First for the first (I came of age in a very liberal area of New England where hugs are the main form of greeting between everyone) and second for the second. I don't mind cuddling with people I don't know that well but I get really jumpy about not knowing how to read when they want to stop or what's too close for them.

I chose "established friends or closer" options, but really it's more like "only if they've proven themselves as worthy friends in my eyes". It's a very small group of people who I'm comfortable throwing myself at to hug them when I see them, or to even just sit next to them in close settings like a movie theater.

Notte stellata

First: Kind of between 1 and 2. I'm comfortable hugging (almost) everyone, but I won't initiate it unless I'm close to them, and I only enjoy hugging friends and romantic partners (the only exception is I enjoy free hugs).

Second: Kind of between 2 and 3. I'm open to cuddling with close friends, but I only desire to cuddle with people I'm romantically involved with.

I voted for 2 for both.

First: Kind of between 1 and 2. I'm comfortable hugging (almost) everyone, but I won't initiate it unless I'm close to them

Yeah, kinda that for me too. But I'm a bit of an awkward hugger, so being 'comfortable' with hugging almost anyone is stretching things a bit - I'm open to the idea.

I voted 2 and 3. I see cuddling as being more intimate than hugging.

alpacaterpillar

3 and 3. I've never actually had any romantic relationships but I always fantasise about hugging and cuddling crushes or attractive girls and I really don't like touching anybody, even family members.

4 & 3 here.

I dont like hugging, but I do it when I have to.

I have only cuddled with people when I have been in a romantic relationship with them, I would never cuddle with a friend.

I dont really get why people just go and hug other people. like I have know someone for perhaps a few weeks and then they just hug me when me met? whats with that?(and that fact that I cringe when that happens is soo becouse I´m shy/prude/creepy...)

I get family or other really close people but ordinary friends? nope,that will be weird for me

and I have not cuddled with anyone since I was 13-14 so...

Captain Darkhorse

5 and 3. Which doesn't really make sense. But hugging has been contaminated for me, and I don't appreciate hugs over 99% of the time. Long story short: I'm ok with hugs as long as I know the person really well and I initiate them. If either one of the two are missing, then I'm uncomfortable.

Cuddling, however, hasn't really been contaminated, but I'd never cuddle with someone whom I'm not romantically involved with.

WhenSummersGone

I hug anyone I'm close with. Friends, guys I'm dating, family sometimes and even a therapist one time lol.

For cuddling I only do it with guys I'm dating. It just feels weird to do it with others.

Waist of Thyme

1 and 2.

I don't have a sex drive, but I do have a hug drive XD

I chose 3 and 3, but for hugs, it's sort of between 2 and 3, because I enjoy hugs only with partners and a few extremely close friends. For cuddles, only with partners and crushes.

1. I like hugs, only with people who are established friends or closer.

2. Only cuddle with people I'm romantically involved with.

byanyotherusername

I chose 1 on both, but I didn't feel that either statement was completely accurate. Similar to what Starrynight said above, I am comfortable hugging (almost) anyone, but only tend to initiate if I am at least somewhat close to the person. The same is true of cuddling.

Basically...I love physical affection with people I love, I like physical affection with people I like, and I am okay with physical affection with people I feel okay about.

4 and 5. I'm not a touchy feely person.

Edit - wow I am shocked I'm the outlier in this haha!

I chose 2 and 3, but both were only approximately accurate-- I feel comfortable hugging anyone I consider a friendly acquaintance (at a minimum, I've talked to them a couple of times and I like them.) That group probably includes lots of people that someone would normally call their friends, but since I have high standards for what I consider friendship, I only think of a few people as being my friends. As for cuddling, I happily cuddle with my immediate family but the few times that friends have initiated cuddling have been barely tolerable-- awkward and borderline uncomfortable. I imagine that I might enjoy cuddling with a romantic partner, but probably not until I knew them extremely well.

3 and 3 (only hug and cuddle with people I'm romantically involved with).

There's an exception: I take hugs from friends if they initiate, but only because I'd feel like a jerk turning them down :P

2 and 3, though I don't like getting romantically involved with people.

It did come closest to expressing it though. While I'm okay hugging someone as a friend, it takes a very special friend for me to get into a cuddle. Only a slight semantic difference, but a big emotional gap for me.

Also in the "1 and 2" crowd

I can dig them both, but cuddles are a liiiiiittle more personal.

I don't mind hugs, but I'd rather not. And I only cuddle with people I'm romantically attracted to. I'm not very touchy-feely.

A Taste of Harmony

I don't connect hugging or cuddling as romantic gesture much.

I haven't hugged or cuddled many people but I prefer non-romantic hugging or cuddling.

I guess I'm odd? :p

The second one for both. Feels a bit awkward hugging people you've only spoken to for a little while, and it's happened before x___x

I put "Friends or closer" for each, by which I actually meant family, as that was the closest answer I could find. Other than family members, I don't like people touching me, and it's even worse if I'm the one initiating contact. It's so awkward. Especially when I've JUST met someone and they get all touchy feely. *shudder*

I chose 2 & 2, though I probably could have gone 1 & 2. It doesn't bother me to give hugs to complete strangers (unless they're creepy complete strangers), but I do realize that other people may not be comfortable with that, so I try to err on the side of caution. Plus, I don't want people thinking something's being offered that isn't, because that's unfair to them and awkward for everybody.

HUGS.

I chose 1 & 2: "I'm comfortable hugging (almost) everyone. It's kind of a hello." & "Cuddle with friends or closer."

I'm definitely very open about hugging, and it's something I really need to do often; describing it as "a hullo" is a good way to put it, though I'd say it's deeper than that. Cuddling is more personal, however, and so requires greater familiarity with a person. To be honest I'd love to cuddle everyone, but.. yeah.

Hugs: Only with close friends

Cuddles: Only within a romantic relationship (or with my pets. :P)

Please don't touch me... For the love of whatever you find holy, don't touch me!

-- Zash, whenever someone gets too close.

Ok, exaggeration, but, does get across my feelings on being touched.

4 & 3 for me.

Hugs are most often encountered. Usually I escape them if I can. If a hug is initiated I will do my best to make it feel convincing. In the past I would have a vetting system of sorts. Depending upon the person, the length of time I have known them, whether or not I like them etc. they would be placed on a make believe list. After a six month period, providing they were able to pass my "laws of comfortability" they would either receive a genuine hug or a fake smile, faint grasp, false "it's so lovely to see you" type of hug.

Cuddles are all together different :wub:

Archived