• fish
    • toad and/or frog
    • crab
    • rock
    • other (specify please)

This poll is closed to new votes

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot

I want a big, big dog and a big cat! :P

But also I think rats are the best small animal pets EVERRR.

What the fuck is a sugar glider?

(Sorry the pic is huge... someone teach me how to add a spoiler bar haha!)

healthy-sugar-glider.jpg

(Sorry the pic is huge... someone teach me how to add a spoiler bar haha!)

healthy-sugar-glider.jpg

It's [ spoiler ]object[ /spoiler ]...but close the spaces so it works. I'll try to hide the pic of yours I quoted.

Rocks are the easiest to train.

I can get mine to sit. I'm having trouble getting my rock to fetch though. Any tips?

Probably the best pets I have had (and will continue to have) are ordinary cats and dogs. But I wouldn't mind having a snake (nothing huge or venomous; something pretty like a corn or king snake that I could keep in a small terrarium), but as long as I live with my mom sadly that will never happen, as she can't stand snakes. It was all I could do to get her to let me have a gecko and a couple of anole lizards when I was a kid.

As for cats, I'm happy with mixed breed shorthairs, but for dogs I prefer really big ones, either mixed or pure bred. Any breeds or mixes around or over 100lbs.

The Scrabbler

I'm a dog person. I like other pets if they're someone else's and I can just look at or play with them, but for owning a pet, I'd have to have a dog. Preferably one that's around 10-20 pounds.

• 4 weeks later...

Kittens! Dogs are too gross / needy. I like cats because you don't need to do everything with them.

if could have a dog and a horse then my life would be complete,

but at the moment my life wont allow me to have either as I live in rented accommodation and work away from home :(

one day I will

It would be great to have a dog again, I use to have a German Shepard mix and it was nice to come home to someone who was excited to see me.

My family always joked that I'd grow up to be a crazy cat lady. :P

Edit: If I could choose any animal for a pet, it would definitely be a barn owl. They're so adorbs. :'3

House of Chimeras

Ideal pets - median to large breed dog of mutt heritage.

Also, we would love to have large fresh water aquarium. Mostly for all live water plants (love aquatic plants) and a few nice fish that live well together.

I've got three horses, getting a fourth (oh my God what is wrong with me!?!), two rabbits, a dog, two cats, and a fish. But I also want a barn FULL of cats, a couple of working dogs, y'know, dogs I could let loose around the farm and they'd be smart enough to stay on property and not get kicked in the head by an irate pony, I wanna snake, a rat, I SO WANT a sugar glider, I want a chinchilla again, a parrot that will stay on my shoulder and shout snarky things at people, pygmy goats, some mini horses....

Basically I want a zoo. A whole. Entire. Zoo.

Cats are my favorite people in the world. They are the ideal pet.

But I also like (and currently have) a horse and a tortoise. (technically different than a turtle, but close enough.)

I like and have had in the past, mice and a rat. (I LOVE rats. They are awesome pets! I use to take mine for walks. (she got to sit on my soulder. I did all the walking.))

So, those are the 4 that I chose from the list.

I love cats~

• 1 month later...

Cats for me.

I currently have four cats, nine chickens, a bearded dragon, and am fostering a rabbit. (And despite the chickens, we don't live on a farm or anything, but an average neighbourhood.)
In the past I've also had a chipmunk (long story), and a few more cats, a dog, and other foster rabbits. In my experience, cats are by far the easiest to take care of, and the most rewarding in their own ways.

blackwhitered

I'm surprised teacup pig isn't on here, as that's the ideal pet for most of my friends and is gaining popularity as a pet from what I've heard...

6MinutesFromSanity

I currently have a cat, but if I could have any logical pet, ignoring landlord's rules, I'd get me a ferret in a heartbeat.

I'm such a bird person, I own two diamond doves and want a whole aviary of birds. Everything about them is just amazing <3

Cats are the best! I'd love to have one again, but my dog wouldn't allow it. I'd have another bird too. I've got a lizard and she is hysterical! They have unexpectedly bold personalities.

I chose cats, dogs, hamsters, and (hermit) crabs. I liked hermit crabs, and they can live decades, but I have not had good luck with them as pets myself. I have always enjoyed having cats and dogs around, and I enjoy having my hamsters around.

Ideally none, but if I had to pick one, the quietest thing possible. So among your options, it would be the rock. If you're wanting a more serious answer, probably the fish. It wouldn't last long, though. I'd forget to feed it.

They're not technically legal in my state, but they are in some and I hope to move to one of those some day, because I would absolutely love to have a pet skunk.

Archived