• lizard
    • salamander
    • fish
    • toad and/or frog
    • crab
    • rock
    • other (specify please)

This poll is closed to new votes

if money/space/etc.... wasn't an issue, what would your ideal LEGAL/REAL pet be in your home? I added as many as I could think of for options :)

Three large dogs, preferably Rhodesian Ridgebacks or Irish Wolfhounds. I might consider a snake or bird, but I don't know enough about them to know if I'd actually like one as a pet.

A tiger, trained to eat my enemies alive.

...What, that's not a legal pet ? Don"t break my dream !

If money wasn't an issue?? I would have a hug aquarium filled with beautiful corals and colorful salt water fish. I could have a pet eel or a shark or a ray!

I would also have a pug.

A stuffed toy. Very easy to look after. No chance of accidentally killing it.

A stuffed toy. Very easy to look after. No chance of accidentally killing it.

Yeah, this. :)

I love cats, though. If I weren't worried about the risk of messing up at taking care of a living creature, a cat would come a close second... I still miss that old neurotic kitteh of ours I grew up with, she died two years after I moved out. :(

I voted for cat,dog, bird and snake!

I already own 2 cats and am very much a cat person. Easier to manage than dogs.

But I really love Siberian huskies.

And I love the idea of a cheeky talking parrot.

I'd like a snake though.

Captain Darkhorse

A couple dogs, a horse (or two, I'm open to more), a barn cat, and other (a few cows). I know the cows are weird, but they're really quite nice. No Texas longhorns though. I really don't want to deal with the horns, and I think doing anything other than routine trimming to them is unethical.

EDIT: And hey, if anyone wants a spider, I've got several living rent-free in my apartment you can have

Squirrel Combat

I'd own a cat. I'd own a fish. I'd own a CATFISH!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Eh, you guys all saw that joke a mile away. But that would be the ideal. Heck, I'd have a pet rock too.

WhenSummersGone

I voted Cat, Hamster, Spider and Frog. I also would like a Raccoon and Sea Otter (the ones that hold hands and float on their backs), but I don't think people can own wild animals. I probably wouldn't get all of them at once though.

I would love to have a snake or spider, but I'm not sure how great it would be for the pet itself. Considering my skill in taking care of things, a rock would be my best option.

Cats ^_^ and a bunny (how could you not give bunnies a category of their own :blink:), ratties too...and degus! :wub:

Though I ain't against having a dog as long as it was a Jack Russell, Westie or Beagle...just not to start with as I've never been able to have pets before :( and dogs are more effort.

I only have cats, but I hope at some point to own a turtle, a snake, and/or a chameleon. Was looking at chameleons in pet smart the other day. :) Awww.

I'd also like to own a really big dog some day, such as a great dane, or an irish wolfhound (Arcovia). And what the heck, Rhodesian Ridgeback is a dog breed? Sounds like something from Harry Potter.

If money weren't an issue, I'd have a zoo with zookeepers.

Dog, horse/pony, snake, turtle, fish...goat! I want a goat! One of those little pygmy goats, that's so cute. Or a wooden-leg goat, that falls over when it's surprised.

If money weren't an issue, I'd have a zoo with zookeepers.

That's a great idea! Zookeepers make excellent pets!

Cats, dogs, mice, guinea pigs, forgot to add chinchilla and rabbit as well.... so many creatures I want...

I'd love another dog again sometime in the future. I already own snakes and a couple of lizards but there are a few species I would like to keep if space wasn't an issue.

I already have a dog and two cats, but I'd also really love to have a turtle. ^_^

had a cat when I was little and a dog growing up. I prefer dogs but don't really need one in my life. I don't like puppies for some reason. (pictures are fine but don't want them in my home)

Archived