Are you Aro, Ace, both or Neither?  

1. 1. .

• Aromantic but not asexual
    • Not aromantic but asexual
    • Both
    • Neither
    • Other?

This poll is closed to new votes

People seem to think they always go hand-in-hand, and I'm curious to see how common it is...

WhenSummersGone

I'm not Aromantic and I'm calling myself Asexual right now.

MarieAntoinette

I'm an aromantic asexual :)

I went with other. I find girls very aesthetically attractive and I get along crazy well with them and like hanging out with them, but I'm not sure about dating again, and to be honest I do just fine on my own. I really just want to make a lot of girl friends that are really just friends. Maybe be like Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon and have my own little gang of Sailor Senshi. Laugh now, but when I'm done saving the world we'll see who's smiling!

I see myself as aromantic to all but one person. I then fall under the heteromantic category. The labels that I adopted when finding AVEN were very important to me. But I did like to adapt those to suit my own personal feelings. So MonoHeteroAromantic suits me just fine ^_^

Other : demi-heterosexual and demi-heteroromantic.

Asexual, and much as I wish I was aromantic, I'm not. (At least not naturally - SSRI medication brought me technically close enough to aro to live in peace without romantic attraction messing up my life any longer.)

Janus the Fox
Both Aromantic and Asexual. Been that way for as long as I can remember.

I am an aromantic asexual and always have been. It's true: the general impression many people have of asexuality is that "asexual" essentially means "aromantic asexual", which is ironic because most asexuals are romantic. A lot of people just don't know about romantic orientations and assume that if someone doesn't want sex, they don't want romance, either.

I am asexual, have been aromantic and could be demi-skolioromantic. To be honest though, this feels all too fuzzy to me.

Both: Aromantic Asexual. I have never heard of someone who was aromantic but sexual (But there has to be people out there who are. Probably not all that common but I could be wrong).

Both: Aromantic Asexual. I have never heard of someone who was aromantic but sexual (But there has to be people out there who are. Probably not all that common but I could be wrong).

There are sexual aromantics out there :P I've heard alot of them on other forums, so I dont think they are that few either.

It's true: the general impression many people have of asexuality is that "asexual" essentially means "aromantic asexual", which is ironic because most asexuals are romantic. A lot of people just don't know about romantic orientations and assume that if someone doesn't want sex, they don't want romance, either.

Maybe because homosexual or any other -sexual is used to mean they are attracted to whichever sex romantically and sexually. But it doesn't work with aces!

It's really annoying when I have to explain it to people whose first response is, "So, wait, you'll never fall in love?"

I'm ace but not quite aro

• 4 months later...

Archived