*raises hand again*

*keeps it aloft, this time*

*thows up*

Cate Perfect

*has winkies clean up after Keith*

There, there, man. I'm proud of ya.

Cate

*slaps keith's back* Hey you ok there?

Not really. But on the upside, my face seems to have acquired a pretty stunning shade of green. . .

*hurks*

alexparker

:? I feel useless. I would really love for the 20/20 thing to happen. I think it would mean a lot to all of us, but I'm a minor and I'm just not sure there's anything useful I can do. Is there?

The Evil Cashew

WOW~~ Great job guys and good luck!!!!!

:D *is so proud of all of you*

~Cashew

Yeah guys good luck you'll do us proud!

I might have to hint for some people I know to watch

Just read this thread, please forgive me for asking the obvious, but wht is 20/20 (Feel like the little boy in the story of the Emperor's New Clothes')

The Evil Cashew

Tanwen 20/20 is uhm er.. well A relevision show. and the do reports and interviews about special topics.

er.. kinda like news... but more like a talk show

sorry .. that was horrbile...

~Cashew

have you heard of 60 minutes or Dateline?

It is similar. It is like a "special" new show where they go "in-depth" on a topic for an hour or so.

bard of aven

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/

A sort of tv hour-long popular culture magazine thingie.

Latest hot topic thereon: Why are parents buying their daughters breast implants.

Can we agree not to call this a news show?

boa

hehehehe

:lol:

alright it is a smut channel that goes with whatever is in the tabloids. Better boa?

*raises hand*

*support to all the others*

i still have to email her a photo. curse my not having a photo of me. curse my not having internet access where my computer can be useful...

i'm willing to go on the show and told her as much. i guess this means i really do have to tell my parents now....*thinks on all the evenings spent watching baba wawa with mom*

well, despite some of the quirky (to be polite) stories covered by the show recently, barbra is still is pretty major journalist and as a girl trying to break into the field, the women is a sort of icon (being polite again). i think that would be filed under my list of surreal experiences...(how long before we're on "the view"?)

bard of aven
hehehehe

:lol:

alright it is a smut channel that goes with whatever is in the tabloids. Better boa?

No. It is what it is. Neither news nor smut. It reflects the popular culture to the popular culture in a way that makes money for the shareholders. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't think that makes it, or any of us being on it, a bad thing. Or a good thing. It is what it is. It is there to serve its own interests, not ours. If it can serve ours while serving its own, so much the better.

boa

This is unbelieveable! I never thought we'd get so much coverage! Any word yet on air dates or how long it'll probably take?

edit: YAY, I FINALLY reached 400!

Cate Perfect
yeah [edited]... it will be interesting if she gets the story... though, I think if she were to do it, I wouldn't be able to stop laughing

And let's hope she doesn't look at the site to do research and see us poking fun...

Cate

Cate Perfect

Sorry, cartoony one. I wasn't picking on you, really. It's just that sometimes I think we all forget that AVEN is viewable by everyone, not just asexuals.

Though, that would be cool. If only asexuals could see the site we'd never have trolls. We also wouldn't be able to point it out to sexuals who need enlightening.

Cate

I should have known better... normally I keep those things in my head.

Silly Green Monkey

It would be hosted by Walters, not Stossel?

Though, that would be cool. If only asexuals could see the site we'd never have trolls. We also wouldn't be able to point it out to sexuals who need enlightening.

Cate

A doubleedged sword?

Anyway the newbies could easily find it...like a secret club that only they could see.

Oh yes did you like the PURPLE banana Cate?

Was it tasty?

(how long before we're on "the view"?)

From what little I've seen of that show, sex is quite celebrated and to have someone 'asexual' on would probably bring out a lot of :shock: and :? . Sort of similar to when the Sirius guys were just plain mystified and shocked that anyone could enjoy their life void of sexual attraction.

I'm really curious to see if the questions asked on 20/20 will be all the same one's we've heard before, or if there will be any fresh ideas discussed. Of course - to be fair, the questions are all normal and natural to those who have never heard of asexuality - so they should be discussed, as the audience will most likely be wondering it too.

I'd just like some reporter to get past all the 'are you sure you can't fix it' questions and get into the discussion of what is it like as an asexual in a sexualized world - and what benefits are there to being asexual in the way you view social situations.

As soon as the world can come to grips that asexuality exists, maybe they can move on to (what I find) more interesting aspects of asexuality. It's not just about - we don't like what everyone else likes - it's also that because we don't have that sense, we have a unique perspective on the potential of human interactions!

hawke

Silly Green Monkey

I spoke to the producer today, she is quite excited to find a married couple to interview. My husband is willing to be interviewed.

Archived