Preferences toward music

R_1

-  

1. 1. What are the genre that you listen to?

• Classical
    • Country
    • Electronic
    • Folk
    • Hip-Hop
    • Indie
    • Jazz
    • Opera
    • Pop
    • Raggae
    • Rap
    • Rock
    • Speed Metal or Heavy Metal
    • Singing (Without instrument)
    • Synthesized (With synthesized instrument or mix of real and synthesized)
    • Techno
    • Not sure on what I listen to
    • It's not listed. Thus, other music.
    • I don't listen to music
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Are you into musics with lyrics for the purpose of listening to it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
    • Sometimes
    • Not sure
    • Undecided
  3. 3. What do you focus on when it comes to listening to music?

• Sound
    • Composition
    • Rhythm
    • Beat
    • Lyrics
    • Voice
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I actually opened a poll exactly like this about a month and a half ago, if you look in the archive you could find some more results to add to your database!

Your poll was started in the Asexual Q&A forum so unless it's moved to Census they can't be merged. The polls in Census are archived after one year, so this one will be locked and archived at the end of October at which time anyone is welcome to start a new one on the topic. :)

arcaneEnthusiast

I mostly like music without lyrics and that have a heavy bass line, this includes electronic, dubstep, instrumentals, classical crossover, and soundtracks. I listen to what comes on the radio but I usually turn it off after a while because the pop music can be quite annoying. For some reason i dont like certain lyrics and singing styles :/

Lindsey Stirling is one of my favorite artists along with DeadMau5, tut tut child (and other monstercat artists), blackmill, bastille, imagine dragons, and Hans Zimmer's soundtracks.

Void in Color

Symphonic metal will always be my first and truest love, though nowadays I listen to heavier electronic music (like Celldweller), synthpop, post-hardcore punk and metalcore, and mainstream rock and metal.

Rock, Metal, J-rock, J-pop (anisongs in general) and vocaloid-based songs. And i do care about the lyrics, but, since most of them are romantic ones, i can't "fully like" most of the catchy songs. That's precisely why i like vocaloid songs so much, there are lots and lots of critical songs/lyrics or "sagas" that entails nice stories through a number of different songs made by the same author (Mothy, CosmoP, Jin, and so on). [[And sure, most of vocaloid songs are filled with romantic lyrics too, and even some sex related ones, but it increases how free the author is to write whatever he/she wants.]]

But lyrics alone are not enough, indeed. The song must be at least catchy and well made. I also like instrumentals songs, so w/e. Also, since i do care about lyrics i prefer hearing them in foreign languages (how i hate Brazilian-songs, most are full of sex related lyrics too... Or failed romantic attempts), so i can ignore those romantic lyrics, that's the fundamental reason i switched from English-based songs to Japanese songs. And i can see how this will be troublesome as I'm learning japanese little by little and want to actually study the language.

(And if you clicked (most of) those links and still hate/don't like vocaloid, i give up xDDD, maybe you like silly songs, perhaps?!)

In addition to the listed genres, I also listen to show tunes a lot.

Basically everything Void in Color said.

Lyrics don't matter much to me.

If I had to be extremely specific about my most favorite music ever, it would be Gothic/Doom. I love Gothic & Symphonic metal, but when you add a little bit of Doom in it makes a world of difference. There are really only 2 bands I listen to I can classify as Gothic/Doom and those are Theatre of Tragedy and Draconian. They have some of the saddest and most beautiful songs you'll hear. "Death Come Near Me" is one of my favorite songs of all time.

• 5 months later...

I like lots of genres, generally fast and noisy, but also country. Whether I pay most heed to lyrics, voice or beat depends on the song. I do have a bad habit, though of not really paying full attention, so during a three minute track I may actually only be aware of about 30 seconds as my mind strays too much

• 4 weeks later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived