Preferences toward music

R_1

-  

1. 1. What are the genre that you listen to?

• Classical
    • Country
    • Electronic
    • Folk
    • Hip-Hop
    • Indie
    • Jazz
    • Opera
    • Pop
    • Raggae
    • Rap
    • Rock
    • Speed Metal or Heavy Metal
    • Singing (Without instrument)
    • Synthesized (With synthesized instrument or mix of real and synthesized)
    • Techno
    • Not sure on what I listen to
    • It's not listed. Thus, other music.
    • I don't listen to music
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Are you into musics with lyrics for the purpose of listening to it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
    • Sometimes
    • Not sure
    • Undecided
  3. 3. What do you focus on when it comes to listening to music?

• Sound
    • Composition
    • Rhythm
    • Beat
    • Lyrics
    • Voice
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I honestly listen to everything: pop, classical, rock, jazz, r&b, country, indie, synthesized, ect. I also listen to music in other languages. Music is so diverse that it's almost impossible to stick to one genre. I love everything. :D

Metal wasn't up there when I voted, so is it possible to add my vote to 'speed metal or heavy metal'? Even though I'm not big on speed metal, but heavy metal, symphonic metal, folk metal, nu metal, and a few other types of metals are the main music I listen to.

Metal wasn't up there when I voted, so is it possible to add my vote to 'speed metal or heavy metal'? Even though I'm not big on speed metal, but heavy metal, symphonic metal, folk metal, nu metal, and a few other types of metals are the main music I listen to.

Added your vote. :)

I thought this would be an easy poll to do - after all, I only listen to classical music...right! Well, er no, as I went down the options I thought 'I like that one' and 'Oooh forgot about that' :D

I like live jazz, but listening to it 'cold' isn't really the same, haven't been to listen to jazz for too many years now :(

I listen to pop and techno mostly (Demi Lovato, Kelly Clarkson, Italobrothers, Etc..) I like a good beat mostly but I do like songs with meaning.

I love ballads and symphonic pop!! Otherwise good old musicals!!

I'm primarily a metalhead, my top 4 favourites would be Lordi, Korpiklaani, Sabaton and Rammstein. Mostly bands from northern Europe, and especially Finland. Finnish folk metal is the best thing in the world.

I do also listen to other stuff though, the genre is irrelevant as long as I like the song. I love me some Vocaloid for example, some of the songs are my guilty pleasures. :D (Anyone else here? Personally, my favourites are Kamui Gakupo and the UTAU Namine Ritsu. Lots of people know only Hatsune Miku, IMO she is just a little bit overrated but perfect for creepy songs.)

• 1 month later...
VindicatorPhoenix

I'll go with techno, I prefer to call it electronic, though. Anything that's loud, awesome or fast will make my day. Styles: electro, dubstep, etc.

rotanimonedaifg

I listen to so many different types of music pop, rock, classical, metal, indie, rap, everything really. I just love music in general :)

I mostly listen to classical and various forms of rock, particularly the more modern ones (alternative, post-rock, shoegaze, post-hardcore), plus indie. I also listen to folk, electronic and pop on occasion.

My main focus is on the lyrics and composition. Voice and sound also matter.

I've slowly been exploring more of the shoegazing sound since being completely blown away by My Bloody Valentine-Loveless. Digging it.

Otherwise, my musical tastes are all over the place. "Rock" is the majority of what I listen to, but that can be split into hundreds of different subgenres. Folk and Bluegrass are a major love of mine outside rock, and bands that can fuse bluegrass/rock are some of my favorites.

Jam bands/Jam scene in general

Psychedelic rock/folk / San Francisco sound of the late 60's

I just love to explore, I will listen to absolutely anything that somebody suggests. Finding new music that I love is so much fun.

Striped Sweater

I listen to all kinds, but I checked classical, indie, pop, and rock as my favorites. I'm usually working when I listen to music, and soft indie, instrumental, or indecipherable lyrics (looking at you, Radiohead :P) are the least distracting. Because of that, I don't pay too much attention to lyrics, but good lyrics are nice to have. I'm more about the general sound and composition. Unless the lyrics or message are unforgivably stupid, I will like just about anything catchy.

VindicatorPhoenix

Hardcore! :D

I listen almost exclusively to classical. I find most modern music to be somewhat boring. However, I also like pop/rock from the 60s (give or take half a decade ('55ish-'75ish)) ...mostly.

If the music has lyrics, they have to make sense and you have to be able to understand them. (no yelling/screaming (angry music)) and it helps if the singer can actually Sing.

Evanescence and Paramore count as rock, so mostly rock. But also my sister's favorite "symphonic metal" which is almost always on in the apartment and I like that, too. Is the other option.

What I focus on... hard to say. I couldn't give a coherent answer in class (yep I took a music appreciation class), and I don't think that's changed. I do focus on the lyrics, but a song can be forgiven for suggestive or inaudible lyrics if the overall sound is "powerful." I don't know how to explain "powerful" music... except by directing y'all towards Ev. and Paramore. ;D (and some MCR. Though I'm MCR-repulsed since I went embarrassingly fangirl-mode on them years ago. So... Some of their songs qualify, but I don't listen to them anymore.)

Anti-pop and anti-posers, in other worlds very difficult to find good music, mainly at this days.

• 2 months later...

I listen to some of almost everything. I checked off almost every box on the poll. :)

I listen to "all kinds of metal" somewhat harder the better attitude :)

but also stuff with bass, dont really know the genre of the bass stuff, just something with plenty of bass

overall in music i dont so much care of lyrics or instruments but combination of both creating something that fits well together (in my mind) no matter the genre,

like children of bodom, i mostly like their music but there was 1 cd where i felt "singing" didnt fit well with the music and didnt like it

Mainly older melodic death metal, but also classic rock, some pop, some classical etc

I don't like current music but I have an eclectic taste and will give most music except dance/hip hop/dubstep (actually any urban music) a fair hearing. I have both Andy Williams and Robbie Williams on my Ipod.

Apart from classical and jazz, I don't listen to instrumentals (with the exception of a select few). I find music without lyrics boring.

I love music I don't fall under a particular type. I'm better at saying what I

Don't like. Rap and opra. My maine go to on car radio.country, classic rock,

Alternative and alternative, contemporary christian. I love divercity, I listen

Emotionaly and pictoraly.

• 2 weeks later...
AnomalyEternal

I listen to a wide variety of music, but my most songs or Orchestral Rock/Metal/Power Metal. I also listen to some rock songs, some metal songs, country songs and movie soundtracks.

I like multiple styles of music: Rock/Metal, Pop, Dance/Techno/Club, Country, (& most stuff from the 80's)

Not a fan of Opera, Classical/elevator-music, Jazz, or anything not recorded in stereo

I've been listening to a lot of classic/vocal jazz and swing lately.

But I have electronica (esp house and trip-hop), ambient, punk/pop-punk, pop (I love Ke$ha and Marina ok), symphonic/folk metal, folk, oldies (especially motown), indie rap, traditional Chinese bamboo flute music, Cuban salsa music, and more on my iPod.

Variety is the spice of life!

But with almost 2000 songs on my playlist, most songs don't have a "genius playlist" generated for them because I just have a little bit of most things.

I just discovered Mo-town.......omg the horn sections are amazing!

Of the list, I listen to rock, pop, jazz, indie, classical and electronic, but I'm open to all kinds of music. I generally like lyrics in a song, but I wouldn't say that's all I listen for. The type of music I like depends on what mood I'm in - so much about music depends on mood, though. I just listen and if I like it, I like it. (I would make a terrible music critic :P).

I'm generally not a fan of metal or RnB and dubstep and whatever else falls into that sort of department... You know, all the silly rave music my friends listen to... v_v'

I listen to some electronic/synthesized lately. But mostly my music isn't listed. I listen to grunge/punk/emo genre I suppose.

Post-Hardcore, (Hardcore) Punk, Metalcore, Skate Punk and Britpop mainly, none of which are on the poll haha!

• 3 weeks later...

oh boy do I love music!! It's literally what I do with my spare time. Being heavily into a cappella, choir, and band I listen to a broad range of music; Indie, Broadway, classical, pop, everything 80's, barber shop, ballads, jazz, rock... I look for lyrics and composition :)

I actually opened a poll exactly like this about a month and a half ago, if you look in the archive you could find some more results to add to your database!

Archived