Register your interest for WorldPride 2014!

michaeld

Sooooo... I've bought my tickets just now! I'll be arriving on Thursday afternoon.

This is so exciting, I've never been outside Europe before ^_^

I can't wait to see everyone! And I'll bring lotsa Polish and British sweets :)

*iz happy*

(Let's just hope that the Russian embassy, where my passport currently is, does not lose it >.> )

Lucky! Hope you and the rest will have an awesome time :)

• Like 1

Chewy from Dallas, TX, USA is coming!

I'm unable to add myself in the original OP, how do you edit someone else's post?

crazypimpernelfan

I would LOVE to attend, but I most likely won't be able to because I still need to come completely out of the closet AND I doubt my parents will want me to go yet anyway. So I'll try to attend when I'm 18, definitely.

Oh hey I might b able to go! :D But only on the 29th... >_<; Is anyone going on the 29th? ;o I know that the conference is on the 28th, but I can't attend... :(

Oh hey I might b able to go! :D But only on the 29th... >_<; Is anyone going on the 29th? ;o I know that the conference is on the 28th, but I can't attend... :(

The pride parade is on the 29th which will begin at 1 PM on the corner of Church St and Bloor St. If you want to march in it, you can email wp2014@asexuality.org to say you're interested in marching in it. There'll be two asexual groups marching in the parade - a smaller local group and the larger AVEN group.

I was just checking out the Toronto pride website to get info about when to turn up for my annual trip to the pride parade and there was an Aven banner there. I didn't even realize there was an ace thing happening! I'm so excited! I will absolutely be there with my family. I am originally from the area so I might be able to give advice about travel plans? I just want to meet some other ace people.

Is there a Pub or something that someone can recommend as a hang out spot for the Acers in the evening?

Where are you coming from?

Chewy from Dallas, TX, USA is coming!

I'm unable to add myself in the original OP, how do you edit someone else's post?

No way, I'm from Dallas too. I thought I was the only one.

*high five*

I'm not sure if I can make it anymore. :( I went to the local passport office yesterday, and they don't expedite passports. Turns out that the nearest passport place that does is in Chicago, and I might have to go there in person. Taking a bus to Chicago so I can carpool with people in that area was my best bet for making it to WP anyways, but the requirements for getting a passport within 24 hours aren't clear to me. I don't want to risk going all the way there only to find out that my reasons for wanting my passport expedited aren't good enough.

If I do manage to get my passport, and be able to, for certain make it to WP, it'd be at the very last minute, which would make things very difficult for whoever would want to room share and carpool with me. I've been through a lot of stress lately, and I don't know if I should continue this huge gamble I'm undertaking.

Being from the Chicago area, the only people I know of that *are* carpooling from here are leaving before 8am tomorrow morning (myself being one of them). While it's possible that there may be more interest, I don't specifically know of anyone. I know there was someone who may have been looking for a carpooling setup, but I'm pretty sure they're now flying in. And....that's the extent of the Chicago group that I know for sure is coming at all.

It is also possible that there may be groups coming from further out traveling *through* Chicago, but I don't know of them either and wouldn't know how to track them down at this point.

Anyway, just figured I'd mention. If this is something you're looking at, I'd suggest making sure you have carpool\room sharing plans nailed down *before* heading to Chicago. It's late enough in the game now that many have either already started traveling or are set in their arrangements....or others have come to the conclusion that it's not a feasible trip for them to make.

And on that note, I need to finish packing my car and try to get *some* sleep, so I'm off. We'll see who I meet when I get there!

I can't wait to see everyone! And I'll bring lotsa Polish and British sweets :)

*iz happy*

Just FYI: We have british sweets in Canada. And Polish sweets as well. In fact, you don't have to go far to get a doughnut as there's a tim's on practically every street corner all across Canada. We also have crispy crunch, which I never knew was Polish. And m & m's and skittles and Twix et al.

• 8 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator