Are You Demisexual Test

Janus the Fox

Maide of Glass

I got a 78. I've never been in a relationship or had sex, so some of the questions were hard to answer. I just went with 3's in that case. :P I do think I might be demisexual, so I'm not surprised.

For fun, I took the Sapiosexual one too. I also got a 95%

Translation would be that I am highly picky about who I share time with.

• 3 weeks later...

92% but I didn't really think through the questions...

• 2 months later...
Non-Verbal Sam

i just have to have something in common with them or spend a few hours together

80, but I don't feel like most of the questions relate to demisexuality. The sapiosexual test seemed more accurate, I thought. I got a 96 on that one, no surprise at all. Hmm, I may have to change my A/Sexuality description.

• 2 weeks later...
crazypimpernelfan

I took the quiz and got 68%. So it labeled me as demisexual. Problem is, I don't actually feel like a demisexual. When I fell in "love at first sight" it was mosty because of the guy's face. And a few other things listed there I just felt like "It depends how you label that". In other words, I don't think I'm demisexual. But I thought the quiz was fun to take anyway! :)

I got 81% & oddly it is a little comforting like affirming... I know it's just for fun & all but still it's nice lol :)

Although there were a few questions that asked two things at once etc as a result I opted for 3 out of 5 which is middle of the road... This is why a lot of research uses 1-9 or 1-7 or has a don't know answer... Because don't know is just as valid an answer as others... Same with null/not applicable/not experienced....

Wow you can tell I've literally just finished work I'm still in research mode... And I'm now wondering why I decided to do a survey O_O

Lol

The questions in this test are just too... well, they seem to assume that everyone has had multiple relationships etc etc.. some questions also seem to confuse romantic attraction and sexual attraction, and other questions seem to equate 'being attracted to someone' to 'wanting to have sex with them' .. not my kind of test I guess, heh ^_^

rileycastiel

I got 75% but I'm not sure I agree that I fit most of the listed aspects of demisexuality. :/

61%

Agree with other comments that the quiz is confusing romantic and sexual orientation, badly needs N/A options, and has some questions which are totally irrelevant to demisexuality. In addition, it seems to be relying on a fairly narrow view of how sexuals behave.

Some of those questions I couldn't answer (and there was no N/A option) so I picked the middle option and I'm pretty sure I'm aromantic asexual....but I scored 76% on that test.

Interesting.

EllaChinoise

76% Demisexual

-- If I know a person very well,automatically I will feel that person is my family...it is weird to even feel the sexual attraction.

82% Sapiosexual

-- I don't like getting myself into a debate with "a love interest". If I fight with a person over something,you can be sure that I dislike that person...very much.

I got a 77, but I agree with a lot of people on here on the unreliability of this test. I really don't identify with the definition of demisexuality at all.

• 1 month later...
Sage Raven Domino

78/100 but huge lol at this test destined to give big scores to aces. (Do I have no sex outside of a serious relationship? Yes, of course, because I have no sex at all!)

Enigmatic Soul

I got 78%, and was reading it out loud to my boyfriend and he found it very comforting, because he didn't understand when I said that I didn't just spontaneously develop feelings for male friend, but after hearing that it made a lot more sense to him....

I'm really confused about the whole sexual attraction thing because I respond sexually when my boyfriend is sexual with me, but I feel like it's more of an emotional thing rather than a sexual attraction thing?

A Perfect Square

I got 76%, yet I am absolutely certain that I am asexual. ^_^

I think it is absolutely fantastic to see something addressing issues relating to demisexuality, because I do get the feeling that demisexuality is an awful lot less visible than asexuality, and any means of increasing awareness of identities across the spectrum is incredibly positive. What I do have to say though is that, despite mentioning that demisexuality and asexuality are often mistaken for each other in the results, I think that the quiz doesn't really give users the option to distinguish their responses, consequently (and probably unintentionally) blurring the lines between demisexuality and asexuality. It fails to create a distinction between the two, and there were plenty of questions that I found myself strongly agreeing and disagreeing with, and other questions where no response available to me would have fit.

The following question, for instance, stumped me:
"I have only been attracted to a very small number of people in my life. I rarely have crushes."

I don't get crushes at all. What I have is probably closer to moments of extreme admiration, more than anything. Also, I have never felt any kind of physical, romantic or even aesthetic attraction to anyone . Where on the scale, then, would I put myself? "Strongly disagree"? "Strongly agree"? Both sides of the scale assume that I experience these feelings in the first place.

...Eh, despite my complaining though, I thought it was great fun. It also gave me a chance to learn a little bit more about demisexuality as well, which was very welcome. So...yeah! Thanks for sharing this with us :)

85%

Seems a little strange to me considering that I don't identify as demisexual. But then again I've just reached a point where I don't know what I am, anymore. So it's fully possible. And regardless, I just enjoy quizzes.

78%, but I'm not demi lol. Like other people have said, I wish there was an N/A choice because I couldn't really relate/answer most of them, so I just picked 3. But it was amusing, nonetheless.

I found some of those questions difficult to answer. I didn't like this test and I have no confidence in the result

I got 80%, and it seems accurate, because I do consider myself demisexual. Still, there were definitely problematic questions that would kind of back you into a corner, to the point where no answer would really work for you. For the ones that gave me that feeling, I just went with a 3.

Archived