Ethical Questions of Great Importance

shockkkk

1. 1. Question #1

• You're allowed to take as many free samples as you like
    • Max 2-3 samples. Don't abuse your sampling privileges.
  2. 2. Question #2

• You can press whichever elevator buttons you wish.
    • If you pressed 31 instead of 32, get off at 31 and use the stairs.
  3. 3. Question #3

• On Halloween, you're obligated to give candy to whomever asks
    • Teenage girls without costumes should not expect to be given candy
  4. 4. Question #4

• Your bathroom habits should be 100% private
    • It is acceptable to bring up someone else's bathroom habits
  5. 5. Question #5

• Don't use the handicap stall ever
    • You can use the handicap stall if the others are filled up

This poll is closed to new votes

So I'm wondering where you all stand on these thought provoking ethical dilemmas posed by one of the great minds of the 21st century, Larry David. Here is the background to each of the following questions:

Question #1

Question #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxadhjsy1UI

Question #3

Question #4

Question #5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgedBRXw7fY

FWIW, I'm with Larry on 1,3, and 5, but have to admit he is definitely in the wrong about 2 and 4.

1. 2-3 samples
2. Use the stairs. Fainly because it' healthy.
3. Don't have Halloween where I live.
4. Never acceptable to bring up
5. Fully acceptable as long as there isn't a handicapped person who desperately needs it. And: I will use the handicap if there is no unisex option (No to gender segregated bathrooms!)

1) I usually won't take more than one sample (of a particular item). You want it that bad, buy it.

2) Who the hell would get off at 31? People make mistakes.

3) If you're open to guests on Halloween, you should have enough candy to accomodate for everyone that shows up.

4) I don't care about my bathroom habits, but it's pretty gross to bring up someone else's

5) I'll use it if there's nothing else, only because around here they'll actually ticket you for that kind of thing without a placard

1) As many free samples as you like of different items

2) Press whichever buttons you wish, everyone makes mistakes. Just don't do it out of fun

3) They shouldn't be expected to be given candy, because it's a gift and you can't claim rights on it

4) Bathroom habits should be private

5) Don't use the handicap stall

I was going to vote you should take only 2-3 samples and then watched the video. Wow, he's an *******. You know, for your own self, you should choose not to take samples of flavors you'd never pick, mostly. For somebody else? They're allowed.

As regards bathroom habits, it's inappropriate to bring up somebody else's habits as done in the video, but I can't vote for 100% private. You know, if my student is going to the bathroom twice each hour, I'm bringing it up.

1. 2-3 samples maximum

2. Press whichever elevator buttons you like

3. Teenagers shouldn't expect candy

4. Bathroom habits should be private

5. Use the handicapped stall if the others are in use, as long as there isn't a handicapped person waiting to use it.

littleheartsofjoy

1. 2-3 samples maximum

2. Press whichever elevator buttons you like

3. Teenagers shouldn't expect candy

4. Bathroom habits should be private

5. Use the handicapped stall if the others are in use, as long as there isn't a handicapped person waiting to use it.

You read my mind, but only my answer for the second one is that I would get off at 31 and use the stairs, if I have time to do so.

Same as Poindexter's responses.

It was so hard to watch that show because you knew he was going to do something just so assholery it would make you look away from the TV set and cover your ears. However, it was the funniest show on TV then.

Waist of Thyme

(I didn't watch the videos, but I think I know enough from the poll's description to answer the questions)

1) 2-3 samples. It's not fair if one person takes all the samples and no one else gets any.

2) Whichever you prefer. I'd personally stay and press 32 because it would probably be quicker than taking the stairs.

3) I don't think it's an obligation to give out candy, but if I were giving out candy, I'd give it to anyone who asked.

4) I don't really think it's appropriate to talk about someone's bathroom habits, and I'd hope people don't pay attention to others' bathroom habits unless they're a doctor and there's a related medical problem o.o

5) It's ok to use the handicap stall if everywhere else is taken and there's not a handicapped person waiting to use it.

Notte stellata

1) As many free samples as you like of different items

2) Press whichever buttons you wish, everyone makes mistakes. Just don't do it out of fun

3) They shouldn't be expected to be given candy, because it's a gift and you can't claim rights on it

4) Bathroom habits should be private

5) Don't use the handicap stall

My answers for 1) - 4) are exactly the same. For 5) I think it's okay to use the handicap stall if it's the only one available and there are no handicapped people waiting.

• 11 months later...

don't go mad on freebies, a mistake is a mistake, Halloween is demanding gifts with menaces, bathrooms have a lock on them for a reason, and don't use a handicapped stall,

• 1 month later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived