#AsexualProblems

my dad when I was 15: "This is a list of things I don't want your future boyfriend to have/be.........."

my dad when I was 20: "I think you should go out more... meet some guys..."

I'm secretly hoping for the day he'll suggest I addopt a cat to start my little family =^.^=

#asexualproblems

I can relate to this one, for me it when like this:

-At 15-16: I´m so proud of you that you´re not going out and getting yourself pregnant.

-20-21: Are you a lesbian?

Seriously, make up your mind

Also, not knowing if the guy you were talking to thinks you were hitting on him because your friendly with everyone #asexualproblems

• Like 26

When your friends gets a new significant other, 1) not realizing it until it's explicitly told to you, 2) not realizing they're probably having sex until someone says so.

I really know waaaaay too much about people's sex lives, I.E. I know anything about them at all.

• Like 20
House of Chimeras

First time going to a Gay Straight Alliance group meeting - head of the group gives a little speech as it was their first meeting of the semester about how the group is really for all people in the LGBT+ community Gay, straight, trans, pansexual, [] but then adds as an aside though if anyone was asexual, I don't know why they would be here (He didnt know we were ace.) It was really confusing and weird.

• Like 8
Guest FlamesofFire

Guy: "I want to hold and kiss you"

Me: "Yes ^^"

Guy: "And hug at night while watching movies"

Me: "Yeaaah awesome :D"

Guy: "And then make love for hours"

Me: "T_T whyyyy???? :((( noooo im asexual"

Guy: *Never writes me ever again*

#AsexualProblems

- Relapsing into gender identity crises because according to society, your father, and 91% of media, you're 'not a man' until you've had your first lay.

- Consistently having to reject others' courtship and feeling guilty over every broken heart

- Losing street cred as a pirate captain because you don't sleep with every random woman you chance across

- Being called a pervert after staring at someone in the mall for a good five minutes, and then being called a fag after explaining no, you weren't admiring her body, you were admiring her coat, the intricate paisley design woven into the leather of which is indicative of stellar craftsmanship, and wherever did you get it because I need a new winter jacket anyway and it's really quite nice.

- Cleavage

#Asexual Problems

• Like 25

- Consistently having to reject others' courtship and feeling guilty over every broken heart

THIS.

Has happened to me a few times, and I feel horrible each time it happened. I think it was worse when I did it unintentionally, because I don't get a chance to explain why I am rejecting them. "I'm not into girls/guys." usually softens the blow a little bit.

• Like 14

Ooh, here's one from the other day.

"Wow, /X/ really looked good in that movie!"

"If you're asexual, how do you find /X/ attractive?"

#asexualproblems

• Like 8
WoodwindWhistler

Quoting "Cake is better than sex" and getting "The cake is a lie" in response. We thought it up before that fraking game even came out! #asexualproblems

• Like 18
!NrgMa:A~infinity

Quoting "Cake is better than sex" and getting "The cake is a lie" in response. We thought it up before that fraking game even came out! #asexualproblems

That can be resolved with anyone who played Portal by substituting pie for cake.

When I have to be forced to see gratuitous Jiggle Physics when I just want to play Metroid. #AsexualProblems

• Like 2
The Cakemeister

at least you don't go around with a cake- based username.
  • Like 3

Me: "I love that actor! I'd marry him if I could!"

Friend: "You're asexual. Why would you marry him?"

Me: "Because I like him."

Friend: "But you aren't attracted to him."

Me: "Not sexually."

Friend: "Then why do you want to marry him?"

*facepalm*

AsexualProblems

• Like 23

Realizing you're asexual and may have to explain to your therapist that the reason you gush about Tom Hiddleston so much is because he seems like the PERFECT cuddle buddy. #AsexualProblems

I dunno why, but every time I think about how that conversation is gonna go, I just feel reaaaallly emberassed lol.

• Like 14

Reply suggestion: "All your cake are belong to us." ;)

• Like 12

Having concerned but accepting family members ask questions like "Are you okay with that?" and say stuff like "Well that's okay, its nothing for you to worry or be self-conscious about it." Yeah guys, I know, no need to be so worried lol. #AsexualProblems

• Like 5

Reply suggestion: "All your cake are belong to us." ;)

Proper PMSL! So much win...

• Like 1

I brought cookies to my church group for asexual awareness week, I was freaking out a little, doin' the being brave thing and all, but nobody even knew what I was talking about (they did like the cookies though)

(and ever since then someone has brought some kind of bakery item to share so it wasn't a total loss ehehe)

I feel like an overgrown child or a puppy sometimes, doing my own thing and trying to interact with people through humor or trying to make them happy, and I feel like I can expect polite nodding or pats on the head but never really acceptance.

I'm totally into the online fanart scene; anime, sherlock, etc. etc. etc., and soooo much of the stuff that people draw relates to or implies characters in canon or imagined sexual relations, and it bothers me to be surrounded by image after image of random characters all hot for each other, it's like noooo I don't want to think about that noooooooo.... and it's just everywhere T^T I totally appreciate that people are drawing what they want and I wouldn't dream of telling them to stop, but I don't have to like or be comfortable thinking about what they are drawing T^T

• Like 15

That moment when you join your friends' pervy jokes conversation and you find it funny because you've no idea what you're actually saying. And then they explain it to you and what pops into your head is a massive "whaaat?" followed by a squint.

#AsexualProblems

• Like 4

Being persistently called a lesbian if you get on somebody's wrong side. Usually by men who I wouldnt go near for all the money in the world.

• Like 3
TheCakeIsDelicious!

Trying to tell your mom your asexual and getting the reply "You need to go back to science class. You can't reproduce by yourself now drop this and help me do (insert chore here.)"

#asexual problems

• Like 4

Going back to a friend's house after a night out and people assuming you're going to have/had sex with them #asexualproblems

"I can change that" #asexualproblems

Being torn between really liking someone and them not believing that asexuality is a thing #asexualproblems

"It's so cool that you're actually here for the music and not just being a groupie or coming with your boyfriend" -LOL #asexual-not-really-a-problem

• Like 14

Walking into a room and being asked spontaneously "So, K, are you sleeping with <friend's name> then?"

Me: "Wait, what? No! No, of course not! We aren't even close..." So confused, and not a little disturbed. Do people really think we're together?

My best friend was just sat there doubled over laughing; apparently she had just been explaining exactly how I would respond to that question...

#asexualproblems

• Like 7
Quintus Crinis

Ooh, here's one from the other day.

"Wow, /X/ really looked good in that movie!"

"If you're asexual, how do you find /X/ attractive?"

#asexualproblems

Definitely get this one - though I've also had people assuming that finding someone attractive means that I have a libido (on one occasion the person even tried to explain to me how romantic/aesthetic/sensual attraction were all inherently linked to sexual attraction and a libido. Claiming that their "research" of apparently nothing was more valid than my experience of being asexual. :(

• Like 4

Old school people talking you about you behind your back because your asexual and they think you made it up, yay!

#asexualproblems

• Like 4