#AsexualProblems

Faith Formation

Friend: "What? You want to meet an asexual in real life? What for?"

Me: "Um... To talk about asexual things... Like you talk about straight things to just about everybody you meet?"

Friend: "What? I don't do that! But did I tell you about this guy I met at the weekend? Oh my god. So hot."

Me: *rolls eyes*

#DoubleStandards #AsexualProblems

Ugh, we know how that feels...

EDIT: Though sometimes, instead of going on a tangent about some guy/girl, they instead try to tell us that there is nothing to talk about when you are asexual... "Well, what do you have to talk about if you aren't doing it?"

• Like 13

[With Friends in Student Union, watching the TV over our study session. These are the same friends I've been out to for over a year.]

Chem Partner: What is this movie? I swear I've seen it before...

Bio Partner: I know it's a rom com. Is it one of those ones where some average girl marries a prince or something?

Me [Finally pays attention to movie]: No, it's Made of Honor. The one where this chick makes her best guy friend come to her wedding to this scottish nobleman, and he realizes that he's been in love with her since college and didn't know.

[Friends stare at me, as if they'd forgotten I was there and might actually know the movie.]

Me: What? It was a funny movie.

Bio Partner: We should put you on Jeapordy. You even know about the things that you don't care about.

• Like 20

"Any customers take your interest?" regularly asked by the chefs at works, despite consistently avoiding the questions or answering in the negative #AsexualProblems

Advice for picking up said customers (by providing free drinks) provided by above mentioned chefs #AsexualProblems #AromanticProblems

Actually it was fun the weekend I was asked the first question with the phrase "Anything take your interest?" so responded with one of the food items in front of me then chose a different one when asked the next day.

• Like 12

Friends coming to you for relationship advice and having to answer the best you can based off what you've seen in movies. #AsexualProblems

Having parents think you're dating your best friend, but won't tell them because they think you're afraid to "come out of the closet" #AsexualProblems

• Like 22
Quintus Crinis

Talking to a friend earlier who kept insisting that me being able to notice that someone was aesthetically attractive automatically meant that I had a libido. They then went on explain how sex and romantic attraction are inherently linked, #asexual problems

• Like 17

Friend: Hey look I sent you a pic

Me: Ugh, why are you only wearing boxers?

Friend: I have great abs

Me: You know i'm asexual

Friend: Psh you know that means you're gonna end up alone

Me: Sod you.

#asexualproblems

• Like 16

#asexualproblems

"Sod you" - had to look that one up - I'll have to keep that in my 'won't get filtered' repository of curses....lol

• Like 3

#asexualproblems

"Sod you" - had to look that one up - I'll have to keep that in my 'won't get filtered' repository of curses....lol

Haha! It's a very British curse word!

• Like 11

OMFG I GOOGLED TOSSED SALAD. I ALWAYS KNEW IT WAS INNUENDO BUT I ASSUMED IT JUST MEANT A SLOPPY VAGINA OR SOMETHING I THINK IM GOING TO DIE LAUGHING.

And then I told my friends what it meant and they were like "..........how do you go 26 yrs without knowing that?" but its like I never look up what innuendo actually means because it doesnt apply to my life and I just use it to be funny and so there you go, there's an #asexualproblem. I also don't get what the grundle is and I was REALLY wrong about what taint meant.

• Like 3

Parents: "So, when am I getting grandkids?"

Parents: "Why don't you get a new bed?" "I like my bed? It is comfy? And doesn't take up a lot of space?" "Yeah, but it is only a single..."

#asexual problems

At least my grandfather kinda gets it. He keeps telling me to never get married.

To the grandkids question I usually reply "as soon as you have a child who wants children"

"Admit that you might change your mind!" - douche after another douche outed me as ace

Being told it's just a phase.

People not even knowing what it is and when explained can't fathom the idea that someone does not want sex.

Feeling disgusted when someone desires you sexually regardless of context.

Having doctors assume you're either a closet homosexual or lying about not having had sex and not wanting to.

#asexual problems

• Like 12

#asexualproblems

Ha! I read that and thought 'this must be a fellow Britain!'.

• Like 11
The Cakemeister

OMFG I GOOGLED TOSSED SALAD. I ALWAYS KNEW IT WAS INNUENDO BUT I ASSUMED IT JUST MEANT A SLOPPY VAGINA OR SOMETHING I THINK IM GOING TO DIE LAUGHING.

And then I told my friends what it meant and they were like "..........how do you go 26 yrs without knowing that?" but its like I never look up what innuendo actually means because it doesnt apply to my life and I just use it to be funny and so there you go, there's an #asexualproblem. I also don't get what the grundle is and I was REALLY wrong about what taint meant.

Personally, I thought tossing someones salad was another term for fellatio. I blame a police report in a newspaper I read quite a while ago.

>Thinking you understand an innuendo in a thread

>Further into the thread, slowly get the suspicion that something is amiss

>Give in and look up the innuendo anyway, just to make sure

>REGRET IT INSTANTLY.

#AsexualProblems

• Like 30

Unknowingly building up static charge with your ring, and finding out by patting the cat.

#AsexualProblems

• Like 19

To put this short and sweet. Trying to get this through someone's head is becoming increasingly difficult, oi.

Person: "So, you want to be my girl?"

Me: "You do know I don't feel any attraction towards people, right?"

Person: "y"

Me: "Because I don't??"

Person: "yea yea yea lies"

#Asexual Problems

Person: "We must uproot the plant"

#moarAsexual Problems

• Like 6

Being a fangirl:

Me: Omigod, that actor looks and acts exactly like I imagined the character! They cast him so well!

Every other fangirl in the room: Omigod, he's so hot!

# AsexualProblems

• Like 41

Watching someone insist that if they were asexual all their problems would be solved even when several people try to tell them that it would just give them different problems. #AsexualProblems

In high school some people assumed that me and my best friend were lesbians when we were just good friends. #AsexualProblems

• Like 11
Sleepy Skeleton

Also,

Watching Elfen Lied and preferring the gore over the nudity. #AsexualProblems

Yes! I wish I could actually finish the series, but the constant nudity annoys me too much.

Here is my contribution:

"Don't you think this guy is so cute?! Oh, never mind, you're asexual."

Feeling heartbroken and confused because once you (nicely) reject a friend's romantic advances, they never talk to you again.

• Like 5

not even knowing where to start with flirting because youve only ever seen it in a sexual way..... (e.g. winking, pushing the boobs up and saying things like "well what would you do with me if this happened? *winkwinkwink*") #asexualproblems D:

• Like 15

when my mam won't let me sleep at male friends' houses because she thinks im gonna have sex with them.. -.-

clearly she doesnt know yet.

#asexualproblems

• Like 13

Also,

Watching Elfen Lied and preferring the gore over the nudity. #AsexualProblems

Only just seen this one because it was quoted a few posts above.

I don't remember the nudity in Elfen Lied :blink: apart from the really obvious instance right at the very beginning...But I remember the gore, definitely.

Yeah, the gore is far more memorable than the nudity in Elfen Lied. Besides, nudity can't splatter all over metal walls like that...

I don't know if someone's done this one yet, but...

"You just need to go out and have some sex!" #AsexualProblems

• Like 6

Knowing better than to Google a euphemism after all the people before you but Googling it anyway because you're insatiably and fatally curious. #AsexualProblems #WhereIsBrainBleachWhenYouNeedIt

Having a hobby of coming up with good-sounding excuses for why you don't want to give people your phone number, go out with them, date them, or have them matchmake you with "this really cute guy I know!" #AsexualProblems

"I really wish all these guys would just stop flirting with me!" *weird looks from friends* "Um... er... I guess you guys don't understand that..." #AsexualProblems

Explaining to your friend who you're finally coming out to that your ranting last Tuesday about how cute that movie star was has a lot more to do with wanting to cuddle him than wanting to have sex with him. #AsexualProblems

Not being sure whether to skip the kissing/sex scene because it's boring, or whether to watch it because it might finally explain the mystery of what everyone finds so attractive about the stuff. #AsexualProblems

• Like 19

Told: "She has a nice ass."

Think: **Does she?**

Reply: "Oh yeah."

• Like 8

Having your mom say "I don't want to say I'd rather you were just gay, but I do wish you were just gay, because at least I could understand that."

Having your friends not take your opinion that a character might be asexual seriously, because they refuse to recognize non-romantic physical and emotional closeness, even when they engage in it (primarily about discussions of the Frodo and Sam friendship).

People saying they understand, but later making comments that you must hate love or that you don't feel any kind of love.

Also, just because asexuals can experience aesthetic attraction doesn't mean I do.

• Like 11

my dad when I was 15: "This is a list of things I don't want your future boyfriend to have/be.........."

my dad when I was 20: "I think you should go out more... meet some guys..."

I'm secretly hoping for the day he'll suggest I addopt a cat to start my little family =^.^=

#asexualproblems

• Like 19