#AsexualProblems

Hermit Advocate

#asexualproblems when the fanfiction betrays you with a random and completely unnecessary sex scene. 

• Like 8
4 hours ago, EmmaDilemma said:

when you tell someone you're ace an they either respond with "i bet I can change that" or "so you're gay but don't want to admit it?" #asexualproblems

Holy hell I related to that lol! I remember telling a friend in high school that I wasn't interested in guys at all. She was like, "Oh, so you're gay?" I told her I wasn't interested in girls either. She replied with, "Umm, if you don't like boys then you're gay." I had no clue what to say to that logic :blink:

Then the whole choir got together to find me a girlfriend... I had a weird high school.

• Like 6

When your mom keeps talking about boys with you even though you have no interest to, but you haven't came out to her yet so you have to just go along with it. 

Having that same mom get confused as to why you did not get that the 'cute' guy was flirting with with you. She also believes that you should just walk up and start talking to him.

#AsexualProblems

• Like 3
Hermit Advocate
22 hours ago, Mal334 said:

When your mom keeps talking about boys with you even though you have no interest to, but you haven't came out to her yet so you have to just go along with it. 

Having that same mom get confused as to why you did not get that the 'cute' guy was flirting with with you. She also believes that you should just walk up and start talking to him.

#AsexualProblems

It's scary how much I can relate to this. 

MakeupJunkie4

#AsexualProblems

When you like someone in a platonic way and they keep making sexual comments...so you politely change the subject but they persist, so you get fed up and ask, "Do you have a problem with just being friends?" and they get p!ssed, send a mean email and never want to talk to you again? Yeah. True story. 😒

• Like 4
On 4/3/2017 at 9:42 PM, KatRom347 said:

Being romantically attracted to "innocent" or "naive" guys because they don't pose as much of a threat when it comes to sexual advances, and being made fun of for it. #AsexualProblems

While I've never been teased or made fun of for it, mostly because I never advertise, I have done the same thing (or it turns out the guy is gay...).

16 hours ago, Jenna444 said:

#AsexualProblems

When you like someone in a platonic way and they keep making sexual comments...so you politely change the subject but they persist, so you get fed up and ask, "Do you have a problem with just being friends?" and they get p!ssed, send a mean email and never want to talk to you again? Yeah. True story. 😒

I can relate so much. It's even better when you tell them flat out that you only want a strictly platonic friendship, but they take that as "strictly platonic *wink wink nudge nudge*". Ugh it makes me so mad.

• Like 3
YukimuraFreya

Constantly harrassed by extended family members during holidays gathering with:

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"You are 24, find someone"

"Make a baby, they complete life."

"I know this woman who has a son ....."

#Asexualproblems

Asian culture expecting a woman to settle down and anyone can weigh in and set you up once you've reach 25 because getting marry after 30 is "too old"....

#Asexualproblems

• Like 7
Internetlionboy

@YukimuraFreya aw that's awful. My family is like that sometimes like they'd ask "Do you plan on having kids when you get older?" and I'm like ehhhhh maybe. I think kids are alright but I'm not a big fan of them. I'm mostly interested in just adopting animals and having a nice place.

• Like 4
On 4/12/2017 at 2:03 AM, YukimuraFreya said:

Asian culture expecting a woman to settle down and anyone can weigh in and set you up once you've reach 25 because getting marry after 30 is "too old"....

#Asexualproblems

Maybe this would mean though, once you make it to 30, people will give up.

• Like 4
The Mechanic

When your parents frown upon you driving alone with a girl because of "appearances".  Yeah, maybe I should get ace-flag racing stripes on my car to make it clear.

I hate it so much that we live in world where people could get the wrong idea about me driving alone with my best friend.

• Like 7

Finding out people you know are sexually attracted to you.

Of course, I don't blame them or have anything against sexual attraction, but I do get uneasy when those feelings are directed towards me. Sometimes when I'm hanging out with them I'll think, "Oh man, are they thinking about having sex with me right now? Never mind, I don't wanna know!" That being said, I do otherwise enjoy spending time with them. I just wish I could get rid of those nagging thoughts at the back of my mind. <_<

• Like 6
Adam_Jensen

So I was watching the latest episode of Supernatural and during the episode while Sam and Dean (the protagonists) where at a cafeteria Dean kept staring at a female waiter,it was obvious that he was into her.Later in the episode it was implied that they had sex.

My point is what was the purpose of all this?? We know that Dean is a man slut,it was establised in the 11 previous seasons,we don't need yet another scene where Dean constantly keeps staring at the waitress like a creep and then has sex with her.I find it especially annoying when this type of thing doesn't help the plot in any way and it's more of a filler and nothing else.

Sorry for the short rant,just needed to put it out there.

• Like 6

Not getting laid. #AsexualProblems

No wait, I mean #AsexualSolutions 

• Like 14
On 13/04/2017 at 7:32 PM, Ace_Machina said:

Going on holiday with my brother and his girlfriend soon. One night we're gonna go clubbing, get drunk etc. Wouldn't normally be interested and never been in a club but it's a holiday so I'll give It a go. 

Them to me: we'll see if you can pull. 

No point, I know how that will go lol. 

Hopefully they won't try and set you up. That is the most awkward thing that they could do.

• Like 2
Member106624
On 4/14/2017 at 9:09 PM, Scott1989 said:

Hopefully they won't try and set you up. That is the most awkward thing that they could do.

nerdperson777
45 minutes ago, Scott1989 said:

I imagine someone trying to flirt with me while I'm oblivious but now I'm paranoid that every compliment could be flirting.  There was this one guy who passed by me many times in a short time frame while I was walking around the school.  Our first meeting was him talking to me in a store which ended in an awkward silence.  He said it was okay if he was late to class in order to keep talking.  He still recognized me after I cut my hair short and was hanging near my club like he belonged there.  He never complimented me but the way he acted was so off that I noticed and I'm quite dense.  Good thing I'm graduated now and I don't have to see him.

On 4/4/2017 at 11:48 PM, Scott1989 said:

Should of just done the Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air :lol:

I'm afraid I have no idea what that is, so I don't know if that would help. :lol:

And another #asexualproblem:

When news outlets and click-bait articles use AVEN's definition of asexuality...but still somehow interpret it to mean "no sex drive."

Saw an article from The Guardian about a couple's celibate marriage...and they used the correct/current definition from here, but then said "...or there may be those who never had a sex drive – asexual – and who have found kindred spirits."

NO. NO NO NO NO. HOW DID YOU GET THAT FROM AVEN'S DEFINITION???

You can have a sex drive and still be asexual. You can date/be married/have kids and still be asexual. You can have/like sex and still be asexual. Not dating doesn't always mean "asexual." Not having sex doesn't always mean "asexual."

...Why is this such a hard concept to understand???

• Like 3
4 hours ago, WorldHero said:

I'm afraid I have no idea what that is, so I don't know if that would help. :lol:

The dances for Tom Jones here :lol:

• Like 1
Divide By Zero

When you're watching a movie and want to fast forward through a scene that involves sex, only to realize you're at the movie theatre and can't fast forward like you would at home.

#AsexualProblems

• Like 10
nerdperson777

More spam mail.

"She wet herself right in front of my eyes"

Ew.

• Like 3
Hermit Advocate
1 hour ago, nerdperson777 said:

More spam mail.

Reveal hidden contents

"She wet herself right in front of my eyes"

Ew.

That's nasty. 

• Like 4

Having a younger work colleague explain what 69 means ( he mentioned it and I stupidly asked what it was), then awkwardly bringing it up for the whole afternoon.

Now if someone mentions anything that sounds like it could be a sex thing, I don't even ask.

• Like 4
MakeupJunkie4
2 hours ago, Paxcat said:

Having a younger work colleague explain what 69 means ( he mentioned it and I stupidly asked what it was), then awkwardly bringing it up for the whole afternoon.

Now if someone mentions anything that sounds like it could be a sex thing, I don't even ask.

😂😂😂 I work with three young men and they're always making sex jokes and stuff, so I totally understand. I roll my eyes, tell them to shut up and get back to work. I'm not sex averted so sometimes I do find their nonsense funny. 

MakeupJunkie4
On 4/14/2017 at 1:48 PM, NotYours1212 said:

Me: Oh, unicorns are pretty

Man on dating site: Oh, I am one ... :(

I just now understood this! 😂😂😂

MakeupJunkie4
3 hours ago, Ace_Machina said:

Person sees with my baby niece. "so when are you going to be a father?" me "never" person "never say never" me "I just did"

Then me to someone who overheard "I signed reproductive responsibilities over to my brother years ago" 

When I was a young adult, my uncle (father of 4) asked me "So! When are you going to settle down and have kids?". Without missing a beat, I said, "Please, I'm busy raising yours!" and peeled my youngest cousin off the deck fence.

...he never asked me again. 😂😂😂

• Like 8