#AsexualProblems

For the romantic aces:

"I guess so, since you're gonna die alone lol."

"???"
"You're asexual, so you don't "like" anyone, right? If you don't like anyone, you can't get married, right?"

"???? :huh: That's... not how it works..." (actual conversation I had with a friend??)

#Asexualproblems

Parents: "You've never had a boyfriend, so... Are you... like, you know... into girls or something?"

" :mellow: ..."

#Asexualproblems

Every family gathering ever includes: "So, you got a boyfriend yet? Surely you do! ...What?! No?! You're too pretty to not have a boyfriend!"

Also *cue relentless teasing about having a secret boyfriend*

#Asexualproblems

And of course a classic favorite from your dear mother: "You are having grandkids for me one day, right?"

"No..."
"Yes you are. You're my only child."

" :rolleyes: "

#Asexualproblems

• Like 15

And of course a classic favorite from your dear mother: "You are having grandkids for me one day, right?"

"No..."

"Yes you are. You're my only child."

" :rolleyes: "

#Asexualproblems

Your mom deserves a punch in the face for that one. Even if you happen to have kids one day, it is certainly not "for her".

• Like 14

^ Amen! If someone wants a child, they must never become fixated on expectations or "one day"s involving said children, because there are way too many possible outcomes. If a parent wants a child that will grow up to play in the NHL and they're born with a physical disability, it's not the child's fault. If the parents force their child to enroll in a certain university for a certain degree and ten years later, that child says "I'm done with this" and takes a totally different path, it's not the child's fault. If a parent wants grandchildren and has one child, they need to understand there's both a chance of getting grandchildren and not getting them; if they never do get grandchildren, it's not the child's fault. Plus, if someone really wants grandchildren and is using the "only child" excuse, by that logic she should just have another child and see how they view things... Which, of course, is not ethical in the slightest.

• Like 11

Staying almost completely sober with my housemates on the first day of uni making them think I'm boring

• Like 8

Apparently some people don't like you making asexual jokes out of their comments.

#: "Love is in the air ~."
me: "Actually that's scientifically impossible." *about to sum up which substances are present in the air*
#: *looking annoyed at me*
me: " It was just a joke. Never heard of an asexual joke?"

• Like 15

Apparently some people don't like you making asexual jokes out of their comments.

#: "Love is in the air ~."

me: "Actually that's scientifically impossible." *about to sum up which substances are present in the air*

#: *looking annoyed at me*

me: " It was just a joke. Never heard of an asexual joke?"

(But they can joke about me joining the monastery?)

That reminds me of one instance that occured back when I was in highschool.

Our teacher and my classmates were talking about their cruches and all that jazz.

At some point the teacher comments "Ah,love is in the air."

And I say "Is this why I'm suffocating??"

There was an awkward silence after that and I was met with blank stares and groans.

Still it was worth it 8)

• Like 17
One Winged Angel

I'm filling out a job application form for Admiral Insurance right now. I'm facepalming at the form a little. I like that the gender section has transgender on there. I applaud that open mindedness. But it has a compulsory sexuality part. I don't see why they need to know that. But my main issue is that it only gives you the options of Straight, Gay or Bisexual. If they can be more diverse with the genders why can't they do so with sexualities so anyone who identifies as a sexuality other than those three doesn't have to lie. That's what I'm gonna have to do.

This section is supposedly for statistical purposes.

It's data gathering really.

I refuse to answer any questions on forms which are not relevant to what the form is supposed to be about.

I also can't remember the last official form/census thing in the UK which actually had Asexual as an option.

• Like 3

"i really don't want to have my own children, i want to adopt."

"sure, you say that now, but once you meet /that person/, that might change."

" :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: "

#asexualproblems

• Like 9
flowerychevy77

Your whole family giving you disappointed looks when you say you don't want to get married and knowing you can't tell them the reason is because you are asexual because it makes them uncomfortable #asexualproblems

• Like 10

Your whole family giving you disappointed looks when you say you don't want to get married and knowing you can't tell them the reason is because you are asexual because it makes them uncomfortable #asexualproblems

Yes! I have this same problem, my mum actually told me that I have a moral obligation to give her grandchildren... Which isn't fair because the process to get those children would be very uncomfortable for me. :/

• Like 1

Yes! I have this same problem, my mum actually told me that I have a moral obligation to give her grandchildren... Which isn't fair because the process to get those children would be very uncomfortable for me. :/

Holy cow, now that is a GIANT pile of utter BS.

• Like 12

Waking up in the middle of the night and turning on a TV Commercial for erectile dysfunction saying that sex is a human's greatest pleasure #AsexualProblems #CanIPleaseGetMyHumanCardRevoked

• Like 13
One Winged Angel

#CanIPleaseGetMyHumanCardRevoked

Wait, so humans carry cards? This makes sense. They are so obsessed with hierarchy and terrified of rejection that they need a card to let them know they exist? Also, I don't have a card. I knew I wasn't human all along!

• Like 9

Wait, so humans carry cards? This makes sense. They are so obsessed with hierarchy and terrified of rejection that they need a card to let them know they exist? Also, I don't have a card. I knew I wasn't human all along!

My card is an ace of hearts.

• Like 4

Waking up in the middle of the night and turning on a TV Commercial for erectile dysfunction saying that sex is a human's greatest pleasure #AsexualProblems #CanIPleaseGetMyHumanCardRevoked

giphy.gif

• Like 8
WinterWanderer

I was walking by a group of girls when I heard one of them say the word "asexual," followed by an explosion of laughter. Turns out that they were laughing at the fact that such a term existed. Hmm.

• Like 6

I was walking by a group of girls when I heard one of them say the word "asexual," followed by an explosion of laughter. Turns out that they were laughing at the fact that such a term existed. Hmm.

I think this is appropriate for the situation.

DarthVader.jpg

• Like 14

*Saves the picture*

It will be handy to have it ready for moments like that.

Some even carry the infamous "V card" additionally to the "human card"! :o

• Like 3
UncommonNonsense

So I'm listening to a podcast on my commute. I don't even know why I bother with this one, since the two hosts (a boyfriend and girlfriend in their early 20s) are depressingly ignorant about everything that isn't American and quite a lot that is... some of it is simply a lack of life experiences, but most seems to be a lack of education coupled with a sad lack of interest or curiosity. But they do cover certain criminal cases that I find interesting, so I haven't entirely given up on them yet, even though I facepalm at least twice per episode over some absolute howler of an ignorant comment.

Tonight's absolute howler of an ignorant comment was this:

"Everyone wants sex! If you don't want sex, there's something majorly wrong with you!"

*sigh*

• Like 12

Realized I may have had an ace moment from long ago and never even realized it was one. Who here remembers the Disney movie Brother Bear? Well I used to like a lot when I was little and it was one of my favorites. And then it had a sequel. I really really disliked the sequel. And it was all because of the addition of the character Nita. I had no idea why, but when I'd watched it I'd really disliked that she was added in. It made no sense to me. I'd realized this earlier today when thinking about it.. I didn't like it because the whole relationship added into the mix just seemed odd.

I mean, I think I got it for the idea of the main guy finding a girl and whatnot, but I swear when I was little most of the movie I'd felt like I was Koda. Annoyed cuz the girl was there causing the main guy to just basically pretend Koda wasn't even there some of the time. Plus the fact of there even needing to be a girl in the first place. Like why couldn't he just be a happy single bear teaching his younger brother the ways of the world? xD

It was an oddly validating experience to be honest. Like a 'hey, you've been confused by such things this whole time and didn't even realize it.'

• Like 6

Late October 2006. Fourth year high school student era. Semester break English group homework is a detailed summary of Baz Lurhmann's Romeo + Juliet with a comparison of the original Shakespeare and Luhrmann works. Groupmates gather at my place to watch a VCD copy of the film (which we still have, actually).

Cue...*ahem*...'consummation scene'.

Groupmates start to look at me with innuendo-filled looks and tease me that 'I'm imagining that scene doing it with [insert infatuation childhood crush/classmate/sorta friend]'.

I don't say a word, struggling to make an annoyed face, roll eyes, mentally imagine a curtain covering my first-person view of the TV and the film while its happening, and internally yell to myself: 'FUCK'.

• Like 1

So I'm listening to a podcast on my commute. I don't even know why I bother with this one, since the two hosts (a boyfriend and girlfriend in their early 20s) are depressingly ignorant about everything that isn't American and quite a lot that is... some of it is simply a lack of life experiences, but most seems to be a lack of education coupled with a sad lack of interest or curiosity. But they do cover certain criminal cases that I find interesting, so I haven't entirely given up on them yet, even though I facepalm at least twice per episode over some absolute howler of an ignorant comment.

"Everyone wants sex! If you don't want sex, there's something majorly wrong with you!"

*sigh*

I'm curious what the podcast is now. Feel free to PM me if you prefer :P

• Like 1
Vincisomething

Not being sure if you're feeling actual sexual attraction for the first time or if it's just your brain fantasizing about the idea of someone #AsexualProblem

Seriously help me I don't know how I feel lmao

• Like 4

Having someone in your class ask you if your a vegetable when they hear you talking to a completely different group of people.

#AceProblems

• Like 3
UncommonNonsense

*sigh*

It's "All Things Awful with Adam and Alex" They cover various criminal cases. But yeesh, are they ever terrible! I guess anyone can get a podcast put up on Itunes lately, quality be damned.

• Like 1

*sigh*

It's "All Things Awful with Adam and Alex" They cover various criminal cases. But yeesh, are they ever terrible! I guess anyone can get a podcast put up on Itunes lately, quality be damned.

I think the title is quite fitting for their podcast.They really are awful.

• Like 4