#AsexualProblems

nerdperson777
3 hours ago, Zenzencat104 said:

Where THE HECK is ASEXUALALITY and BISEXUALITY?!

there's 2% bisexual in there.

2 hours ago, a minor triad said:

So here's an ace problem: being an asexual voice student, knowing full well that a solid 70% of the music you have to choose from is about a topic you cannot fully resonate with/stresses you out. 

^Me trying to act attracted to someone in theatre.  Apparently touching the person 3 times on the shoulder is good enough.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, lux aeterna said:

My roomies music is too loud to fall asleep and not loud enough to overhear him having sex. 

Minus the music and neighbour instead of roomie... But then again, during the past 1-2 weeks he was alone, there were absolutely no sex noises, so I'm hopingwondering whether they broke up. I have never slept better.

• Like 4
AsexualMemeTrash
On 10/11/2017 at 7:05 PM, Ace_Machina said:

On my College course we frequently work with students on other levels of it. Noticed today that one of them had dyed her hair red-brown and I liked it. My classmate thought I was checking her ass out and didn't believe me when I said I was looking at her hair. I was thinking about the amount of hair dye it must have took to dye her very long hair.

Definitely not interested in her ass lol. I'm always looking at people to admire their hairstyle, piercings, tattoos, make up, outfit, things they're wearing of shows/movies/bands I like.

I wonder how many of them think I'm checking them out.

How does one get looking at a butt out of looking at hair??

I suppose it depends on how long the hair is :P:P

• Like 1

Starting to consider finding some new family members due to this new hobby of theirs of questioning my masculinity and sexuality, and making off color comments about my life and decisions.  Not respecting my lifestyle and decisions, and more or less going out of their way to make me uncomfortable knowing that I take comments literally and dwell for hours on them.

• Like 3

Me: "I'm asexual"

Friend: "You're... A plant?"

Me: *Facepalm*

Me: "No. Just no."

Friend: "But people reproduce, you know..."

Me: "Yeah, yeah, the point is, I'm averse to that."

Friend: "Um... Okay, but I still think you're a plant."

Me: "My. Cells. Do. Not. Contain. Chloroplasts!"

Friend: Fine. But if you are a person, you aren't asexual."

Me (Shouting): "LOOK. IT. UP!!!"

*everybody stares*

Me: "Nothing... go back to whatever you were doing people"

Me, to friend: "I am asexual. Look it up. PLEASE."

Friend: "Um... Okay."

A day later:

Friend walks up to me

Friend: "I still don't get it."

Me, muttering: "Typical."

Friend: "What?"

Me: "Never mind." 

#asexualproblems

• Like 8
a minor triad
23 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Me trying to act attracted to someone in theatre.  Apparently touching the person 3 times on the shoulder is good enough.

I figured this would be an asexual theatre problem, as well. I honestly couldn't keep up music theatre for that reason. It got to the point when I needed to kiss someone on stage, and I just wasn't ready for that. I'm still not ready, in fact.

• Like 3

some guy at coles told me i was in his words 'youre smoking' and i said 'i dont smoke...' then i got it. i literally am so unaware of flirting until there silence of there reaction to my reaction is heard because it doesn't enter my mind at all. 

• Like 6

When you don't get most dirty jokes and it confuses your peers

Probably mentioned a lot, but it's true for this fox

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stray said:

When you don't get most dirty jokes and it confuses your peers

My friends won't tell me what anything means. They say I'm too innocent. They always come up with excuses involving my innocence. Yesterday they wouldn't tell me because "look at him, he's drinking juice. He's clearly too innocent to find out". It's turned into a bit of a joke, but that doesn't make me less curious about it.

Family:   *barges into my room* Have you got a boyfriend yet?

Me:       ....No?

Family:   Why not?

Me:       ...Because I'm asexual. Just like I've been for the past 4 years.

Family:   I don't believe you. 

Family:   You just haven't met the right one yet!

Me:       ...

Family:   ...

Family:   I will find you a BOYFRIEND!!!

#AsexualProblems

• Like 5
nerdperson777
23 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Me: "I'm asexual"

Friend: "You're... A plant?"

Me: *Facepalm*

Me: "No. Just no."

Friend: "But people reproduce, you know..."

Me: "Yeah, yeah, the point is, I'm averse to that."

Friend: "Um... Okay, but I still think you're a plant."

Me: "My. Cells. Do. Not. Contain. Chloroplasts!"

Friend: Fine. But if you are a person, you aren't asexual."

Me (Shouting): "LOOK. IT. UP!!!"

*everybody stares*

Me: "Nothing... go back to whatever you were doing people"

Me, to friend: "I am asexual. Look it up. PLEASE."

Friend: "Um... Okay."

A day later:

Friend walks up to me

Friend: "I still don't get it."

Me, muttering: "Typical."

Friend: "What?"

Me: "Never mind." 

#asexualproblems

Meanwhile being non-binary makes me a dinosaur according to some random people I was talking to.  Rawr.

15 hours ago, a minor triad said:

I figured this would be an asexual theatre problem, as well. I honestly couldn't keep up music theatre for that reason. It got to the point when I needed to kiss someone on stage, and I just wasn't ready for that. I'm still not ready, in fact.

I'm probably lucky that I didn't get too many attraction roles.  My ace vibes are probably making professors not assign me those roles.  Once I did get one that got turned into a sex scene at the end but fortunately I didn't end up having to do that part.  I also question the logic of it.  It's a fighting married couple, the guy says that he wants to kill the girl, she says do it then.  Instead he kisses her, they're both turned on, quickly trying to unbutton his pants, and the scene ends.  So glad I didn't have to do that.

6 hours ago, ExanaZen said:

Family:   *barges into my room* Have you got a boyfriend yet?

Me:       ....No?

Family:   Why not?

Me:       ...Because I'm asexual. Just like I've been for the past 4 years.

Family:   I don't believe you. 

Family:   You just haven't met the right one yet!

Me:       ...

Family:   ...

Family:   I will find you a BOYFRIEND!!!

#AsexualProblems

That's probably happening to my oldest cousin on my dad's side.  Another cousin thinks that my uncle is trying to get him a girl so he won't be lonely.  He cares too much about his job to have a girl I think.  He tried one time and it didn't really work.  All his younger siblings are married.  Really wonder what's on his mind.

• Like 2

When you forget  sexual attraction and Romantic exsist.

When you have to explain a platonic crush.

When you people ask you questions that you have no idea about answering and coming out of the line of questioning well.

• Like 1
Hermit Advocate

Which is worse, having your parents demand you get a boyfriend or your friend? 

• Like 4
Sportsmanclub99

Talking about sexual things with friends and having them say: ‘oh my god you’re such an innocent little child’ and ‘not like you know what that means’ just because I don’t have sex doesn’t mean I didn’t but go through an ADVANCED months long program of sexual wellness and education where I learned types of sex, kinks, slang, positions etc. I’m not Uneducated or ‘too pure’ I’m just Not interested! 

• Like 5
46 minutes ago, Hermit Advocate said:

Which is worse, having your parents demand you get a boyfriend or your friend? 

Parents. It means they want grandchildren!

Friends want it more for your happyness.

This is just my opinion

37 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

Parents. It means they want grandchildren!

Friends want it more for your happyness.

This is just my opinion

This is what I have experienced, although friends may also want it for their own entertainment as well

Asexual Problem. I counsel a student who's of a certain religion where the man can have 4 wives and the husband wants a 2nd wife but the first has to give permission and in order to force her permission he's with holding sex from her and it has her miserable. I had so much trouble relating to that cause I can't wrap my head around the witholding of sex part I had to refer her to the Uni psychologist. There's nothing I can do but I felt bad cause I couldn't empathize.

• Like 2
Hermit Advocate
2 hours ago, Rhaenys said:

There's nothing I can do but I felt bad cause I couldn't empathize.

I don't think you should feel bad because you can't empathize. He is being manipulative. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Hermit Advocate said:

I don't think you should feel bad because you can't empathize. He is being manipulative. 

I know but I still wished I could have helped. 

nerdperson777
On 12/2/2017 at 1:52 PM, Rhaenys said:

Asexual Problem. I counsel a student who's of a certain religion where the man can have 4 wives and the husband wants a 2nd wife but the first has to give permission and in order to force her permission he's with holding sex from her and it has her miserable. I had so much trouble relating to that cause I can't wrap my head around the witholding of sex part I had to refer her to the Uni psychologist. There's nothing I can do but I felt bad cause I couldn't empathize.

I'm just reminded of the outrageous story of Lysistrata by Aristophanes.  How can sex be THAT important?

7 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I'm just reminded of the outrageous story of Lysistrata by Aristophanes.  How can sex be THAT important?

I was in a production of Lysistrata a couple of years ago. I hope never to have to perform this show again.

• Like 1
On 01/12/2017 at 1:12 PM, Lirpaderp said:

My friends won't tell me what anything means. They say I'm too innocent. They always come up with excuses involving my innocence. Yesterday they wouldn't tell me because "look at him, he's drinking juice. He's clearly too innocent to find out". It's turned into a bit of a joke, but that doesn't make me less curious about it.

I once overheard my friends talking about a Fleshlight (sex toy for those who don't know) and asked them what they were talking about, because I had heard 'flashlight' and so was really confused by what I was hearing. They spent ages awkwardly debating whether or not to tell me since I was asexual and probably too pure etc, until one finally whispered in my ear. I casually responded "Oh a Fleshlight! I know what those are, I just thought you said flashlight." It was really weird how awkward they felt talking about it compared to me, the asexual.

• Like 4
nerdperson777
9 hours ago, Andiamo said:

I was in a production of Lysistrata a couple of years ago. I hope never to have to perform this show again.

"Alright, no (straight) sex until you all stop fighting.  No, having an erection won't make us back down."

• Like 1
Hermit Advocate
13 hours ago, Zsareph said:

I once overheard my friends talking about a Fleshlight 

I did not know what this was until just now. 

• Like 5

Not exclusively an asexual problem but... wanting really badly to make an overture of friendship with some of the opposite gender that you think would be fun to hang around with, but being too afraid of it looking like flirting.  Or worse, you actually do try to be friendly and get a 'sorry, I already have a girlfriend.'  

There's no such thing as being friends with the opposite sex, then.  Silly me. 

• Like 7
To Each Their Own

Being friends with someone and completely missing all the clues when they fall for you. Suddenly, the friendship is over, they are now angry with you and you have no idea what you did wrong. :huh:

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, GryphonLover said:

There's no such thing as being friends with the opposite sex, then.  Silly me. 

Then my female friends are just a figment of my imagination or do I get my sex wrong?:rolleyes:

• Like 6

Making a friend whose also asexual and worrying that they have a thing for you. It's happened before and that person got overbearing and patronizing, among other things, and this person is pretty similar to the previous person. Having a friend who is also asexual is cool, but I don't want this to happen again. D:

Getting asked if it's a date when you go to hang out with someone and then asking if they think it's a date after you say no. I don't know?! I hope they don't think that. Now I have that to worry about. 

I left my labcoat in my apt and asked my roommate to grab it. 

Hopefully she didn't take a look around my room (currently a mess) to see a condom box I got from pride on the floor. 

It's filled with spare change for the bus.

• Like 8