• Internet Explorer
    • Google Chrome
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Safari
    • Opera
    • other

This poll is closed to new votes

gypsy_princess

i use opera because google chrome freezes my computer. now i can't turn it off normally, i hate to shut it down everytime

Go Chrome or go home. \m/

I'll admit it.

Internet Explorer.

Stop. Right now.

I understand how to use IE since it comes automatically on laptops and my school uses IE too.

Chrome and Firefox perplex me. (And they killed our home computer in that short period when we did have them. I'm now scared of what will happen to my laptop if I use them.)

We have Chrome at school but its blocked and not allowed to be used because it messes with the computers.

:blink: Can you please elaborate? Did it physically kill your computer or do you mean software-wise like it killed the contents of the HDD. Either way it's very unlikely^^

(That reminds me of another case my friend had: While playing Dead Space, his power supply exploded...now he is to afraid of playing the game because he thinks it will explode again...which will most likely not happen since the power supply was old and cheap. It was only a matter of time that this happens :P )

Every time we use anything other than IE the computer complains and crashes.

Am I the only one who never has any problems with IE?

ObsessedWithCats

I never really had a problem with IE, but it was so much slower than Google Chrome so I've not seen any reason to go back.

I also never had any problems with IE...though I only use it once on every computer -or new Windows installation :P (you know, downloading other browsers ^^)

@Vyanni: Is the computer old? I never had any problems in my 8/9 years using Firefox^^

& I'm a heretic

Chrome is faster and safer I think. If I have to for some reason use IE, it is far too slow to do anything and there's pop ups a lot. But this is also an older version. I'll admit that the current version isn't too terribly bad. But Chrome is still superior. :)

Funny because my sister uses Chrome and its slow as heck and she cant have more than a few tabs open, because otherwise it gets even slower and starts to crash.

Chrome is faster and safer I think. If I have to for some reason use IE, it is far too slow to do anything and there's pop ups a lot. But this is also an older version. I'll admit that the current version isn't too terribly bad. But Chrome is still superior. :)

There's one site I very occasionally use that, for reasons unknown to me, simply... takes... foreveerrrrrrrrr..... to load with Chrome. That's the one and only reason why I still even keep Explorer around on my desktop.

Mozilla Firefox for PC and Mobile Safari for the tablet and iOS devices. I had a long falling out over Internex Explorer with its crashing, slowness and plugins... I just don't trust Google Chrome enough to use it as Goolge collects data on everything and other things. I settled with Firefox on how it can handle mutiple tabs and its privacy.

I use Internet Explorer, as much as people bitch at me about it. It gets me on the internet without too much trouble and that's what matters to me XP

I have been using Firefox for years, though I always keep a version of IE installed on my computer just in case I run across a site that doesn't work welll with Firefox (and sadly there are some that don't, despite how common the browser is these days). I refer to it as the "old clunker" and keep it only as a backup (like having an old, beat up car around just in case the one you always drive doesn't start). The only thing I don't like about Firefox is that the newest version doesn't have some of the features I liked on older versions.

Firefox, mainly. Some of you will remember the early years of browsers when new ones popped up almost every week; WebCrawler, Alta Vista, Netscape Navigator, and many more.

Chrome all the way.. I don't know what I'd do without it. Firefox was okay, but it got really annoying to use after awhile.. And Internet Explorer can just go burn in a hole somewhere. Safari is irrelevant to me because I have a PC.. Why would I even want to use it? :)

I used Opera back in the myspace days. Had an option to creep on people's profile comments.

I've used chrome for 2 years, maybe a bit more. So much faster. I love it!

Funny because my sister uses Chrome and its slow as heck and she cant have more than a few tabs open, because otherwise it gets even slower and starts to crash.

I'm just gonna point you this list of alternatives to IE that are lightweight and for Windows

• Maxthon
  • Arora
  • Amaya
  • Flock
  • Midori
  • CometBird

I prefer firefox mainly for its license. Allso like how you can change the look and feel with a css file. It has a very good performance.

I'm just gonna point you this list of alternatives to IE that are lightweight and for Windows

• Maxthon
  • Arora
  • Amaya
  • Flock
  • Midori
  • CometBird

Thanks for the alternatives, but I'm pretty happy with Internet Explorer for now. :)

Let's see what I have open...

Firefox, Avant, K-Meleon, Safari (Safari for Windows is awful, by the way), IE, Opera, Maxathon, Lunascape, Comodo, Chrome, Iron... I have others around the place, somewhere. I collect browsers like trading cards. Don't ask me why.

Chrome. It seems to work better with Windows 8 than Firefox does.

On my main computer, I used to use Safari, but it became unstable for some reason. Then I switched to Firefox, which I used until last year when its support for the OS I'm using got dropped, so I've been using SeaMonkey since then.

• 2 weeks later...
The Scrabbler

I use Chrome, but I use Explorer if anything isn't compatible

• 3 weeks later...
Captain Darkhorse

I downloaded Chrome once. It slowed my computer to almost half its speed before and caused so many other problems that I got rid of it within a few days. I don't regret it. Firefox forever yo.

WhenSummersGone

Do most people just dislike IE 8? Or did anyone dislike IE before? I still have IE 7 on my laptop and once it stops working I won't use IE 8 and use something else.

Chalk another one up for Chrome. I used to use Firefox for a long time but it started requiring a ridiculous amount of resources and I'd checked it wasn't due to spyware or anything. That's my general approach to browsers though, I use the least bulky.

I use Firefox and Chrome on my desktop with Firefox being my usual browser. Safari is on my Apple devices but only because I'm too lazy to change it.

I use Firefox because I have some really specific add-on configurations and scripts I've installed that I love. Chrome is too minimalist for me, and I have this weird feeling about using a Google browser, and Google, and Gmail. Big Brother much? So I diversify.

I know...I'll go see myself to my tinfoil hat...

iliketaters22

I have Firefox and Chrome, but I definitely prefer Firefox. Not a big fan of Chrome, but I'll use it on rare occasions. The only reason Internet Explorer keeps getting updated is to download Firefox and Chrome faster! :P

Archived