Do you FEEL people watching you?

Soloray

(Read THread Title)  

1. 1. Feel the touch of the gaze?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Like they feel like light fingers touching you on the same spot and then more often than not you turn and it was true, they were glaring at you...

Yes. Part of the reason why I hate it when people stand close behind me.

What about when you turn to watch them and they give you some kinda freakishly eerie facial expression?

When i'm outside, yeah, i can ignore it if i'm with someone but alone...

Makes me hate hanging out in a mall or similar crowded places

Not sure how to vote... I feel it just often enough that I would say I know what the feeling is, but not very often.

I feel it, though way more often I'm the one staring. Sometimes when I'm in the city I'll sit on a balcony somewhere and stare at the pedestrians to get them to start looking around.

Admittedly, the first thing I thought after reading the poll question was: "What wizardry is this?"

Current Yes votes: 16

Current No votes: 5 (including my own)

Hmm. It appears that I am more of an oddball than I realise. :P

I don't, at all. In fact, if I do think someone's looking at me, odds are that they're not. Frankly it kind of freaks me out that people DO feel this... Has it ever been explained rationally, or is it just another magical social connection thingy I lack? Being Aspie may or may not have something to do with it.

Oh wow...I actually do feel nervous that people are watching me....it makes it not nice being out in public sometimes but my friends do a good job assuring me that people are too busy dealing with their own $*&% to be actually looking or thinking about me and that helps. That is interesting to see I'm not alone.

I feel it, though way more often I'm the one staring. Sometimes when I'm in the city I'll sit on a balcony somewhere and stare at the pedestrians to get them to start looking around.

I admit that's fun to do sometimes

Janus the Fox

Eh... I know I'm being watched by two individuals almost all the time. ;)

ButI only feel like I'm being watched when under stress, in dark places and when there feels like I'm being stalked by strangers when people are behind me. But I'd say that's a normal reaction living in a dangerous locality.

MenthaPiperita

This was difficult for me to answer with a simple "yes" or "no". Sometimes I think I feel people watching me - it feels like mild currents of electricity - and then I realize they are. But sometimes when I'm fairly certain I feel someone watching me, and then I quickly look up to "catch" them, I realize they're not looking at me at all. And I'm not talking about someone who furtively looks away the second they see me looking over. I mean, it's pretty obvious that they weren't even trying to glance at me. So then I'm stuck watching them. I wonder if they feel that?

:unsure:

Waist of Thyme

I don't get the feeling of being watched without actually seeing someone watch me that some people do, but I do feel the gaze, as it was put, if I do notice someone staring at or watching me. It gives me an intense feeling of dread.

I don't, at all. In fact, if I do think someone's looking at me, odds are that they're not. Frankly it kind of freaks me out that people DO feel this... Has it ever been explained rationally, or is it just another magical social connection thingy I lack? Being Aspie may or may not have something to do with it.

Sounds like a combination of semi-justified paranoia and selective recall along with a fair dose of correlation-causation confusion to me.

I did when I suffered from paranoia and hallucinations, but not any more. I couldn't give a monkeys to be honest. I rarely go out and when I do I don't wear my glasses. This enables me to legitimately ignore people ^_^ I just put my head down, drift off into a dream world, don't take any notice of anyone, complete my objective, and get the hell out of there a.s.a.p. I barely notice anyone in a crowded shopping centre.

Yeah I can feel it if someone is looking at me.

Hi. Here's looking at you, Howie. hello-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif

I feel nothing in general, so no.

WhenSummersGone

I've always felt people were watching me or staring at me. I could be a bit selfish or something but it's really annoying. I'm learning to ignore it because if someone does have a problem with me it's not my problem.

Yeah I can feel it if someone is looking at me.

Hi. Here's looking at you, Howie. hello-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yes I felt that! Promise :unsure:

(Please don't tell anyone I didn't feel it :( )

I think I do. That's why I normally feel so anxious about going out in public.

The opposite. I feel invisible. Not that it's always a bad thing: as an introvert, it's sometimes good to be unremarkable.

• 7 months later...
TheNomment

Yes, it's like a six sense to me. I can tell when someone stares at me, and when I turn to face them, they quickly turn their head away, and that's how I know.

I hate being stared at. If I even suspect I'm being stared at I feel uncomfortable. Just a gazing face in my peripheral vision is more than enough to intimidate me. It doesn't take much for me to feel the gazes of hateful souls from behind me too.

3866094725-1.jpg

arcaneEnthusiast

It just kind of freaks me out when people stand close to me if we're not close or something cause I can't shake the feeling that they're thinking SOMETHING about me. They usually aren't but whatever, just another way to embarrass myself

Archived