AVEN's poll to alternative identities to asexual

R_1

AVEN's census to alternative identities to asexual  

1. 1. Do you strictly fall under asexual or identify as one?

• Yes, I fall under asexual or strictly identify as one
    • No, I do not fall under asexual or strictly identify as one
  2. 2. If not, then what do you fall under?

• I fall under asexual or strictly identify as one
    • I picked multiple options for this question
    • Gray-sexual
    • Non-sexual (It means that you lack the interest and/or wants to engage into sexual activity regardless of sexual orientation or identity)
    • Sexually inert (It means you respond very little or experience very little form of sexuality to the point where you might fall closer to asexuality and likewise terminologies)
    • Demi-sexual
    • None of above and I don't strictly identify as asexual or sexual

This poll is closed to new votes

Here's the poll to look at how many people in here would identify as something else other than asexual/sexual. Also, pomosexual doesn't count as it is not easily confused with asexuality.

Aren't non-sexual just the english version of asexual - or asexual is the latin version of non-sexual.

Aren't non-sexual just the english version of asexual - or asexual is the latin version of non-sexual.

At first, they're used interchangably, but then non-sexual evolved into another word where it means that anyone of any orientation can fall under non-sexuality if and only if they lack interest or the wants to engage into sex. Also, not all sexuals have interest into having sex and not all sexuals wants sex. Also, not all asexuals falls under non-sexuality. A heterosexual man can fall under non-sexuality if and only if he doesn't wants sex or lack interest into sex. It is useful for those who sees the sexual orientation terminologies as ambiguous and yet lacks interest into sex.

Well, I still think asexual is non-sexual, as it literally mean asexual. And wikipedia agree with me ( :lol: ) For me the non-sexual over here is simply celibacy.

Well, I still think asexual is non-sexual, as it literally mean asexual. And wikipedia agree with me ( :lol: ) For me the non-sexual over here is simply celibacy.

Thesaurus

Adj.

nonsexual - not having or involving sex;

Source : http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nonsexual

If we are to use this as the reference meaning, then yeah I would be right.

VictorEremita

Can't you have a "None of the above" catagory? Or "Alergic to semantics"?

And I just read the bit in brackets after the thread title. So let me officialy say "oops".

sound_the_bugle

I just want to point out that, while demisexual, I consider myself to fall into the asexual spectrum, and that's often how I begin the conversation with people.

I just want to point out that, while demisexual, I consider myself to fall into the asexual spectrum, and that's often how I begin the conversation with people.

Interesting. Would you define (homo/hetero/pan/bi)demisexuality as a sexual orientation?

Can't you have a "None of the above" catagory? Or "Alergic to semantics"?

Option added now there's 13 voters.

sound_the_bugle

Interesting. Would you define (homo/hetero/pan/bi)demisexuality as a sexual orientation?

Not really. I would define demisexuality as a sexual orientation, and (homo/hetero/pan/bi)demisexuality as more specified forms, and therefore subsets, of demisexuality. I know, my sexual orientation is listed as heteroromantic demiheterosexual, but that's like the superspecific description of my sexuality.

Grey. Total grey area.

I am a person who's never in her life felt any desire to have sex with anyone. If such a thing was caused by moral or biological factors I have no idea.

WhenSummersGone

I guess I could be more Non-sexual than lacking sexual attraction, as the act doesn't interest me, but I also haven't been sexually attracted to more than 2 guys either (even then it could just be the idea of it). I'm much closer to asexual so I just prefer to call myself that.

Umm... how do I answer this if I have a fetish that turns me on to the point of "needing" said fetish, yet said fetish doesn't involve the genitals whatsoever? I could care less about intercourse. No, I take that back, I prefer NOT to have intercourse; to me it is a pointless act.

• 1 year later...

I'm comfortable with asexual, keeps it nice and simple

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived