Black Rings

mayve

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you own a black ring symbolic of your asexuality?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you don't have one, do you plan on getting one?

• Yes
    • No (tell us why possibly?)
    • I have one
  3. 3. If you have one, do you wear it on your right middle finger?

• Yes
    • No, didn't know that was the finger
    • No, I don't feel it the appropriate finger
    • I don't have a ring

This poll is closed to new votes

I own a black ring. Right now I have a cheap stone one but I ordered a black titanium one which should be coming in a week or two.

Notte stellata

I don't have a black ring and don't plan on getting one, because I don't like wearing jewelry. Also, I don't like the color black, and see no point in wearing a ring to remind me of my asexuality.

I don't wear a ring because I don't intend to come out to anybody. Except other asexual people, only my SO and one friend (who learnt it accidentally) know and I don't need anybody else to know my sex life (I consider that as something very intimate and private). But if I was single, maybe I would wear one, only for dating purpose. Not sure though, because I never really wanted so much to find a partner, being a very independent person, and I'm demiromantic which considerably complicates dating.

Personally, I'm just not a jewelery-wearer; and a ring seems like an inconvenience for getting caught on things, or trapping chemicals/foodstuffs in the lab/kitchen, or shorting out electrical circuitry, etc.

I got my ring in Germany a couple months after figuring out that I was asexual. I've worn it since, always on my right middle finger. I'm quite fond of it but am never quite brave enough to answer questions about it truthfully.

I don't own a black ring and never will. It is very unlikely that anyone in my locale would recognize it's meaning. It's also just easier to be open about orientation to interested parties.

I also don't like uniforms or conformity.

I don't have a ring right now, but I'd like to get one. I'm just having trouble finding one. :wacko:

I have the one I want saved on my computer for when im out of the red!!!! I sometimes wear my bfs promise ring because he refuses to wear it but if I don't wear mine he gets all butthurt.....

I own one but I just wear it as a regular ring on my ring finger when it matches my outfit. (Which is almost never.)

I want a black ring, but it would be too difficult to explain it to everybody else, since I never wear jewelry. I'll probably get one once I move into my own house.

If asexuality was more widely known it would be a big convince to everyone else in a romantic situation so the partner would know not to go too far. But at the current time, it is not well known or widely accepted as a valid orientation and most people maybe 98.96% of all people won't get it. .04% will get it and the other 1% are aces and some might even not know of the ritual. But to answer the question, no I don't have a ring.

TheLandsBeyond

I'm not a big fan of rings, but I wear a friendship bracelet I made that is a four-color weave with the asexual flag colors.

I agree with Plus, in that the black ring (not to mention asexuality in general) is not widely enough known to make it useful as a potential way to alert others to asexuality. I don't have one myself, as I am one of the non-jewelry-wearing types apparently quite common here, but I like the idea of something subtle that could identify someone as ace; it could tip off potential romantic partners as to their orientation, and act as a small compatibility test for people that are aware. Of course, this still hinges on people actually knowing about asexuality, so at the moment it's likely easier just to explain what orientation you are if you're comfortable with people knowing.

I had one and wore it on alternating middle fingers, before I was aware what it ment, quite ironic realy.

Sadly it was made of hematite and exploded in to 4 peices.

I would like to get anouther but I am wary of hematite.

I'm someone who does wear jewelry on an everyday basis; I have one plain silver ring on my left middle finger, no significance at all, and a white silver/sapphire school ring on my right ring finger that I never take off if I can help it. I do want to get a silver-black-silver, or possibly black-silver-black, banded ring for my right middle finger. I'm waiting a little while yet, just to be completely sure of my own status as a grey, but yes, it's definitely on my radar. Bonus points if it has a little petoskey fleur de lis properly set into it - those little prongs used to hold stones in some rings are really unreliable, or at least, I've had jewelry fall apart that way before. I'd be wearing it as a visible but subtle identity/pride symbol, to get my reasons out there, and you never know when someone similar or allied might spot it.

I never knew that the right middle finger was the significant finger for ace/grace/demi identity symbols. Learn something new every day!

... Petoskey. You can definitely tell I've got northerly Midwestern pride on top of everything else, eh? :)

I have one and wear it on the right middle finger ^_^ Stainless steel painted black, as far as I can tell. Reason of my guess? Well, it would be in pieces by now if it wasn't, given how many times it's fallen down or slipped off my finger, yet it barely got a couple scratches :P

I don't own a black ring yet, but I want one and I plan on getting one as soon as possible.

I saw an Ace-of-spades white on black jumper in a shop a few days ago. I really wanted to get that too...but it was £30. :o

I don't have one, don't really see the point. But then again I don't wear rings or earrings etc :unsure:

silverfirefox777

I occasionally wear jewellry but not too often. I've looked for a black ring for a while but really can't find one. I have a gunmetal coloured ring that I use but it turned bronze! I mainly just wear a black with silver detail bracelet instead.

I have always worn rings, lot's of jewellery too, and when I discovered that I could display my Asexuality with a ring I was over the moon.

I tracked down different kinds but eventually settled on a Tungsten version. I've had it about 18 months and wear it every day.

Guest member25959

No, I don't own a black ring. I've shared my thoughts and opinions on this "icon of asexuality" before but here it is again...

It's a useless status symbol if anything. It doesn't serve its purpose as an "identifier" since most of the population wear black rings (come to my town, its full of goths an they all wear black rings and I can tell you that non of these guys are asexual). Wearing it on a specific finger will make zero difference. And really I can't see the point in it, there's a greater chance that the person you see in the subway wearing a black ring is not asexual and it totally unfamiliar with the community. Fuck, it could be a mood ring for all you know

Is it really something that needs to be symbolized in such an inefficient way? Gee, if you want to shout about it, get one of those asexual flag scarves, it'd be easier to spot you

I've always been a jewelry fan and do wear black rings but no I wouldn't just wear the one ring on the middle finger. Sometimes I wear black rings and sometimes I'll wear other rings. I am thinking about making a bracelet. Before I knew I was asexual I got a bracelet that has the four colors in it although they aren't in the right order that I wear. If you want to wear it that's great but you can't be sure about someone that's wearing a ring since people enjoy wearing jewelry and might just happen to like the color black.

I don't, and I don't think I'll get one xD. I don't really see the point, and my beloved dragon ring has already claimed possession of my right middle finger anyway~ XD

I really want one because I like wearing a ring all the time and I broke the last ring I had. I also like the color black and do stage crew stuff.

I have finally ordered one from Amazon after contemplating it for a while. I wear jewelry occasionally, and I like rings so as long as it fits well I plan on wearing it a lot. I don't see wearing it as a way to signal to other people that I'm asexual; as others have already pointed out it won't be very practical for that. I more want it just as a reminder that I'm not alone, that there's a whole community of other asexuals out there like me. Sometimes I need that. Plus, I like the idea of someday being fully openly ace and being able to answer honestly when/if people ask about it.

I also have a friend who is really into making those friendship bracelets and I've been thinking about asking her to make me a black/grey/white/purple one. I don't know if I'll tell her what it means, though.

I wear a ring mostly for myself. Nobody I know has ever asked me about it, so it's not a big deal. I don't wear it on my right hand though. Partly because it doesn't fit on any of the fingers on my right hand, and partly because I don't like the feeling of rings while I'm holding a pencil to draw and stuff.

Archived