"Asexual" romance books(about time) ?

newgirl

There are 2 new nonfiction "asexual" books that came out in 2013 ( Ebook format).

1. Asexual Lust by David Comerunner (.99 cent on Amazon)

Amanda is a shy, young virgin who fears that she may not have the capacity to feel anything sexual. She worries that she is not normal, and wants to have the same needs and desires that other girls at her college have. In order to remedy her condition, she submits to a series of treatments from people who try to awaken her sexuality. One moment, a good friend is teaching her how to masturbate; the next, she is exploring her submissive side with a doctor who promises to cure her if she is willing to undergo an "experimental" session involving light BDSM elements. Will their efforts be enough to save Amanda from becoming someone she does not want to be? Can their guidance rescue her troubled relationship with her boyfriend? At the end of Amanda's quest, she finds that having a strong libido isn't everything she imagined it to be, and that a little kink in reality can be more pleasing than even the most vivid fantasy

2. Kinky Aces by various authors ($ 5.99 on Amazon)

This e-book contains four stories that explore the relationships between a sexual and asexual. Each of these stories is written by an author who identifies as asexual/gray-sexual. The stories address the issues and problems the couples face, with the lack of desire in one threatening to destroy their blossoming love. This is a truly unique, sexy and at times heartwarming collection that is certain to leave an impression on its readers. This book contains the following stories (which are also available separately on amazon):

Tony and Cal

Tony and Cal meet at a book event. Tony is stricken by Cal and starts dating with her. Gradually Cal comes out as an asexual. Determined to make the relationship work Tony surpresses his urges. But after a fight they turn to BDSM. Will this make their relationship work?

Marcus and Sylvia

Marcus is the boss of a bakery in small town and is asexual. Sylvia is a woman of the world and a sexual being. They both met in college but lost track of each other. Through chance Sylvia wanders into the bakery of Marcus and they rekindle their old friendship. As Marcus soon finds out, Sylvia's tastes evolved after college. Will he accept her as his boss?

Alyssa and Robert

Alyssa and Robert are in a relationship for quite a while. Soon after their initial meeting she came out as an asexual. Robert agreed but it is getting harder for him to suppress his urges. Reluctantly Alyssa tries to please him sexually but discovers that there is much more fun in being the dominant party. Will this keep their relationship together?

Jay and Alex

In the story about Jay and Alex, Jay proposes Alex to wear a cock cage. When Alex accepts. Jay expects Alex to be desperate for release. But Alex doesn't become desperate at all. In fact, cock cage or no cock cage doesn't make a difference for him since he is a gay closeted asexual. After some steamy encounters Jay is becoming more and more frustrated with the coolness of Alex. Can they make their relationship work?

This suck I don't have a Kindle. I've read a one page excepts of "Kinky Ace " Alyssa and Robert on Amazon and I like what I read. I hope, I'm right about this story being an asexual/sexual BDSM type relationship. Yes !!

I'm writing a novel and it's a love history, and indeed there will be of course parts of asexuality, since I'm asexual and I cannot avoid having that insigth..

But it will be just in Spanish ahah, my English sucks.

sapphireturtle

You don't need to have an actual physical Kindle to read ebooks off of Amazon. They have a program you can download to your computer to read the books on, or you can read them on their "cloud reader" on their website without having to download anything.

The Great WTF

My dislike of romance aside, I don't think I'll be picking up either one of these. I don't like stories that focus exclusively on a character's sexuality.

• Like 4

You don't need to have an actual physical Kindle to read ebooks off of Amazon. They have a program you can download to your computer to read the books on, or you can read them on their "cloud reader" on their website without having to download anything.

Thanks, i'm going to download "Kinky Ace-Alyssa and Robert"

My dislike of romance aside, I don't think I'll be picking up either one of these. I don't like stories that focus exclusively on a character's sexuality.

Right now, I would like to see MORE asexual characters in non-relationship, asexual/asexual or asexual/sexual relationships talking about "sex/Bdsm" like these two books and I also would like to see asexual characters in non-relationship, asexual/asexual or asexual/sexual relationships not talking about sex/BDSM..

Where are asexual characters in books,movies and Ebooks.?????? Where is my asexual Ally Mcbeal? Where is my Sexless in the City? Where is asexual Friends? Where is asexual Will and Grace? Where is Asexual Laverne and Shirley? If I was a good standard English editor ,I would write a book.

• 3 weeks later...

Right now, I would like to see MORE asexual characters in non-relationship, asexual/asexual or asexual/sexual relationships talking about "sex/Bdsm" like these two books and I also would like to see asexual characters in non-relationship, asexual/asexual or asexual/sexual relationships not talking about sex/BDSM..

Where are asexual characters in books,movies and Ebooks.?????? Where is my asexual Ally Mcbeal? Where is my Sexless in the City? Where is asexual Friends? Where is asexual Will and Grace? Where is Asexual Laverne and Shirley? If I was a good standard English editor ,I would write a

It isn't called mainstream media for no reason :-) I think that these kind of books/movies/series just aren't perceived as being profitable. When I set out to create Kinky Aces (I'm the one who contracted the writers/editors of Kinky Aces) I just felt that a book with these stories should be out there. But that's a different motivation from trying to sell a product. But before I forget: thanks for buying the book!

It's an interesting juxtaposition, creating romance novels for asexuals. I know that plenty of asexuals aren't aromantic, but still, it's a bit like marketing a Grow-Your-Own-Bee-Farm set for people who are allergic to bee stings. Even if you put all of the disclaimers you can on the box, things about how, no, really, the bees are tightly secured in there and aren't going to come out, and wait, don't leave! These bees are genetically modified so that they have nice Aloe Vera dispensers where their stingers would normally be... People allergic to bees are often still going to be worried about it too much to enjoy it, and non-allergic people who were going to get a bee farm anyways are just going to go for the non-weird, non-Aloe Vera ones.

Same thing here. Very few non-asexuals are going to have any interest in this kind of niche thing. Of the small percentage of the world who are asexuals, not many of us are going to want cheap romance novels, even if they feature asexuality. Of the even FEWER ones among us who aren't into sex but for some reason are still buying romance novels hoping they won't have sex, you have the chances that the writing style and plot will be one that's good enough to keep us interested enough to come back and buy more books from the same series. It's just not a profitable model.

If it makes five or ten people happy, though, then I'm glad it made those five or ten people happy. Not for me, though. I've never liked romance novels, and these ones sound kinda cheap and floozy anyways. I'm all for having asexual characters in other media, though.

• Like 2
The Great WTF

Since this thread has been put back on my radar, I guess I am now obligated to move it to World Watch.

The Great WTF

Off-A Moderator