Clothing preferences

randmzr198

What type of clothes do you enjoy to wear?  

1. 1. Male or female?

• Male
    • Female
    • Other
  2. 2. If you are male, what type of clothes do you enjoy to wear? (Not the ones that you wear everyday or that are in your wardrobe but the ones you really like to wear)

• Shirts
    • T-shirts
    • Belts
    • Trousers
    • Jeans
    • Suit Trousers
    • Jackets
    • Suit Jackets
    • Shorts
    • Socks
    • Sweaters
    • Cloacks
    • Suits
    • Tailcoats
    • Hats
    • Other
    • Gloves
    • Hoodies
    • I am not a man, but I enjoy wearing male clothes!
    • I am not male
  3. 3. If you are female, what type of clothes do you enjoy to wear? (Not the ones that you wear everyday or that are in your wardrobe but the ones you really like to wear)

• Shirts
    • T-shirts
    • Trousers
    • Jeans
    • Skirts
    • Shorts
    • Sweaters
    • Dresses
    • Cloacks
    • Suits
    • Vests
    • Hoodies
    • Slips
    • Other
    • I am not a woman, but I enjoy wearing female clothes!
    • I am not a woman
    • Hats
  4. 4. Is dressing well and looking good important to you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • Depends on the situation
    • I don't really care
    • It makes me feel proud of myself

This poll is closed to new votes

Truth and Lies

T-shirts, shorts, sleeveless hoodies, plaid overshirts, combat boots (have yet to find a good pair, and the only army surplus store I know of is an hour away x.x)... I wear hats basically whenever I go out in the summer, either a baseball cap or a fedora.

I don't dress nicely unless it's a special occasion which requires such a wardrobe. I dress for comfort, but I do pay attention to designs and such. It just so happens that I find cheap shirts that I like. Thank you, Ross.

In the first question, am I supposed to select my sex or my gender?

In the first question, am I supposed to select my sex or my gender?

Whatever you like. But like per definition wise female and males are the sexes (the organs) so actually to be 100% correct it would be "I'm a human with a female" or "I got a male" :P But what you would like, if you identify as a male? Pick male. If you are not in any of these two genders, then maybe pick the sex?

• 3 months later...
VindicatorPhoenix

I liking wearing soccer shirts of t-shirts that make people laugh. For example, I have a shirt that says:

Spelling is

tuff

difficault

hard.

I generally wear a t-shirt (generally one that relates to one of my fandoms) and a skirt. Add tights in the late fall/winter/early spring and often a scarf and you basically have my daily wardrobe. Sometimes I'll wear dresses and sometimes I wear suits (but that's mostly only when I go to Model UN conferences because we're expected to wear western business attire). I do have a pair of jeans, but I wear them rarely and everyone around me freaks out when I do. :P

Jeans and T-shirts... all the time. As in, ALL the time. Specifically black sports t-shirts. Anything else, I'm usually under duress... ;)

My casual is usually a black T-shirt jeans or kinos.

If I do something special I prefer shirt and tie but depending on what company I go with blazer or sweater.

On really special occasions I have suits.

I LOVE to dress up. It is empowering and I use it to overcome fears.

I once blanked out in the middle of an exam but now I keep thinking "you cannot freak out! You are wearing a suit!" And then I usually perform better.

It is a bit weird though as I am the only one who does this and I tend to overdress for some situations but I like to look good.

I don't know why but in my country it is weird to even wear a tie.

The only reason I wear t-shirts as a daily thing is that every one else does. I don't want to be the odd man out all the time.

littleheartsofjoy

I had to choose other. I really like wearing cute tanks, blouses and jeans. Every once in a while, I also like to wear a t-shirt of my favorite team but that's more of a fan thing, I guess. Cardigans are also cute to me and it's fun to wear dresses here and there. I dislike wearing hoodies and sweaters because both are so boring to me, which makes it easy to wear. I still wear both, but I feel so boring in them, unless it's my team hoodie.

• 3 weeks later...

Mostly I aim for androgynous or more male looks/appearance. When I'm at home I wear pyjama bottoms, a t-shirt, and a sweater. In public I'll usually just swap the pyjama bottoms for jeans and maybe add a necklace. However where formal wear is concerned I love wearing vests and ties - I feel really comfortable in it and I like how I look.
I never find anything I like in the "women's" section of clothing stores, but at the same time I hesitate walking over to the "men's" though I'm bound to find a lot more there that I'm interested in. I've got to get better at not caring what others think and just being true to myself in that way.

I'm wearing my favorite winter hat...it is made in Canada and has a giant ball at the top!

Jeans and T-shirts (long sleeved tees for Fall and Winter) all year long. If I have to bundle up, I'll wear a cardigan or a down jacket.

If I have to go to a formal event, I will wear one of those no-iron dresses - Citiknits or Travel Knits.

I favor solid colors and low maintenance clothing.

I always have a pair of jeans on. Always. I even sleep in a pair of jeans sometimes haha. I'm a bit of a brand snob. Only polo's and shirts I'd wear are Fred Perry's, Pretty Greens, Farah's or something along those lines!

• 3 months later...

I like anything comfortable really. Also, since i'm always cold I love the warm weather and can be seen even in the summer wearing jeans and sweaters :3 Just my personal style/choice. Nothing better than a warm sweater in winter either.

I have pants on! And a shirt!

Squirrel Combat

Oh darn! I voted before I scrolled through the responses and realized I had already voted here a while back. :wacko:

It's still the same.

I spend pretty much all my time in t-shirts and sweats or shorts, depending on the season. I've never met a t-shirt I didn't like (OK, yes, it depends on what is on it if it has any kind of logo, picture or words, but in general t-shirts all the way) nor have I met a pair of sweats I didn't like. This is just day to day wear, and often times the t-shirts are old ones with paint stains on them because I work full time from my home as a freelance artist and it seems like most of the time I am working with the kinds of materials that will trash nice clothes very quickly. However, when I do go out, I tend to wear jeans in cool weather, and nicer shorts in warm weather, and either a nice t-shirt (without paint stains, and usually with an animal on the front - I love those Mountain t-shirts with realistic animals and animal faces on them) or just a nice knit-type shirt or once in a while a casual blouse.

The last time I wore a dress was when my cousin got married, and that's going on three years ago (this July). It isn't that I don't want to be and look feminine, but I have a couple of very practical issues with dresses. One is that I am knock-kneed and my thighs are large, and so the only way I can wear one without breaking out in a nasty heat rash between my legs is to wear a pair of bike shorts underneath. But that creates its own set of problems, such as making sure the shorts don't show and that the fabric of the dress doesn't cling to them. And then there is the constant need to be conscious of (despite wearing bike shorts, the idea is still there) keeping my legs together and my ankles crossed when I am sitting where someone can see the lower half of my body. Basically it ends up being too much effort in the end, unless I more or less have to wear a dress for a certain occasion.

As far as colors go, I tend to be more drab in winter (I'm wearing head-to-toe black today, underclothes and shoes included) but I love bright colors in summer. The only colors I'm not crazy about are certain shades of orange, mostly burnt-oranges. I don't like too much browns and neutrals either (only for certain parts of an outfit).

zilch effort goes in

basically try to not too much like ace ventura that's it

• 4 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived