Did you meet your partner(s) on AVEN?

Calla

I think it's quite amazing how people can meet their future partners on sites like these. :)

How on earth do you do it?

I have enough trouble finding anyone who finds me interesting in real life, much less online!

I think it's quite amazing how people can meet their future partners on sites like these. :)

I have enough trouble finding anyone who finds me interesting in real life, much less online!

IMO, online socialization, in general, is so much easier... I can't personally relate to how folks managed to do all that dating and mating stuff before the internet existed! :lol:

I have tried online dating before and it was even more disastrous than the real thing lol. Ho hum, some of us are cut out for it I suppose!

Notte stellata

IMO, online socialization, in general, is so much easier... I can't personally relate to how folks managed to do all that dating and mating stuff before the internet existed! :lol:
Totally. I can't imagine myself meeting someone at a mall or a library, exchanging phone numbers, going on dates, and forming a relationship. That's such an alien idea to me. Forming a relationship with a friend IRL is slightly more likely, but making friends IRL in the first place is difficult enough that I don't really care to try. :lol:

I have tried online dating before and it was even more disastrous than the real thing lol. Ho hum, some of us are cut out for it I suppose!

Well, online dating is a world difference from making friends organically on a forum like this and progressing to partners. Online dating didn't work for me at all (except for one lucky incident where I met my husband) and I won't do that ever again. But meeting friends (some of whom have become my SOs) from forums is about 99% of my social life and fulfills my life in a way neither online dating nor RL socialization can compare to. :D

*edited post*

I met my wonderful, beautiful partner, who some of you might know as Song Lily during a chance encounter on the AVEN chat room in June 2012. I asked her to be my special someone in August 2013. Our relationship is one of the best things that's ever happened to me. We fight like a married couple sometimes (which I'm hoping someday we will be :wub:) but the one thing that's constant is my love for and commitment to her. I feel sometimes that I'm not good enough for her. I read about the awesome guy she describes when she writes about me and then look at the cynical, mediocre person that I actually am and I find it hard to believe they're the same person. I worry all the time that she'll see me as I see myself and then won't want to be with me anymore.

So I'm re-writing this for several reasons. My first post was misleading. To be sure, nothing I said was untrue, but our relationship has it's ups and downs. We've fought several times. But recently I went way too far and hurt her so much it seemed to make her question that I even loved her. :( She worries all the time that I'll find someone "better", meaning someone closer to me. She's in South America and I'm in North America. It's not easy when I think about how far away she is but that's not the point to me. She loves me and I love her and that's all that matters. I wrote before that after we ended our regular dates on Skype I'd feel an awful depression. It's because for those three or so hours (yes, they tend to last a long time) it's like she's right there with me and then reality hits and I'm alone again. Those moments are the hardest of the week but I can't feel sadness like that unless I also had an overwhelming happiness too. It's worth it.

Lily, don't ever question that I love you. It breaks my heart that you might question it for even a split-second. I know it's my fault you feel this way. I'm not good with words. But you're everything to me. I love you more than I love myself. Pinkie Pie swear! Don't worry about the distance, someday I'll meet you. I'm holding you in my heart until I can hold you in my arms. We can get married, have ten kids and teach them how to dream. ^_^

• 1 month later...

I'm bumping this thread up because I updated my post and wanted as many people as possible to read it. ^_^

Awwww. :) I'm not convinced you're aro though. ;) :cake: to you both!

In other news, Saturday Nevyn arrives to visit me for two whole weeks! It's gonna be awesome. From there we make some decisions about moving, because while entire continents don't separate us, we'd like to closer, like on the same couch. :wub:

I'm bumping this thread up because I updated my post and wanted as many people as possible to read it. ^_^

In other news, Saturday Nevyn arrives to visit me for two whole weeks! It's gonna be awesome. From there we make some decisions about moving, because while entire continents don't separate us, we'd like to closer, like on the same couch. :wub:

Oh yay!!! All the cake for you guys ^_^ :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Can't wait. :) Where's a travel montage when you need one?

• 7 months later...

I can definitely relate to that ^^"

• 11 months later...
The Strong Force

My girlfriend and I met on this site and bonded very quickly during Spring Break. First a few brief interactions in the chatroom turned into some long talks every couple of days in private chat. Then we started private messaging... a lot, almost everyday actually (Okay fine, everyday except once). Within two weeks of us meeting, I was working up the nerve to confess a crush I had on her. I was absolutely terrified but the day before I promised myself I would say something... she actually beat me to it :wub:. I actually remember the entire conversation word for word when she shyly asked me if she was my type. The very next Monday she agreed to go out with me.

Lady Corn is without a doubt the most charming, compassionate, wonderful, cute, person I have ever met. :wub:

Thank you everyone for making this community what it is :cake:

Archived